R

RWaites

For You too Brother, I'm doing New Walkthrough ;);):)

I think that everyone will agree with me, I'm trying return all Likes that I gave to You, because You deserve it. You're Great Brother, without people like You and many others that help a lot, nothing Works, Thanks for being my Brother ;);):)
Morning brother, hope no-one missed me too much yesterday, went to Manchester for the football then got incredibly drunk to drown my sorrows (got beat 4-1)

I'm not to bothered about loosing likes as I know who my friends and brothers are, what really annoyed me was being called a liar and taking likes that I'd given off other people

L

Lenor

U made ur point and I understud u, just dont agree with ur point of view... it can be improved? yes, of course, but I certainly dont know about a perfect game yet... I can have my own opinion too, right? If u dont like the game, the way its implemented and many others things, u also can go play other games, we have plenty around here u know... I repeat, I like the game and I know many people do too... I dont like other games that u probably do and viceversa, its all cool, we all have our preferences... as u made ur point and I made mine, no need to keep at it dont u think?
What I'm saying about the UI/gameplay is not an opinion, it's a fact. This game requires 3 clicks to do what other games do with only 1. That's just bad design and I'm providing feedback to the developer.

I don't get why you're telling me not to talk about it anymore, you only like discussions in which everyone agrees with you?

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
What I'm saying about the UI/gameplay is not an opinion, it's a fact. This game requires 3 clicks to do what other games do with only 1. That's just bad design and I'm providing feedback to the developer.

I don't get why you're telling me not to talk about it anymore, you only like discussions in which everyone agrees with you?
See, this is where I have to step in, you clearly have the words facts and opinion mixed up (that is a fact).
You say you are providing feedback, but to me it feels more like trolling than well argumented feedback (this is an opinion).

Even so, thank you for the feedback. I think the UI is fine, considering the feedback I have received so far.
I do however, plan on updating the waiting function, to make it more user friendly, as discussed earlier in this thread.

Ente Supremo

Jul 10, 2017
Morning brother, hope no-one missed me too much yesterday, went to Manchester for the football then got incredibly drunk to drown my sorrows (got beat 4-1)

I'm not to bothered about loosing likes as I know who my friends and brothers are, what really annoyed me was being called a liar and taking likes that I'd given off other people
We certainly missed u... I had to answer many question because neither u or Carlos were here!! XD

Man, chill out, u said ur piece and I said mine, why keep going? Or u say that I MUST agree with u? What YOU say is a FACT and other people cant have an opinion? WOW, thats a bit entitled from u, whatever YOU SAY its an opinion to me, sorry, diferent ways to live it seems... Im not telling u to shut up and if I only liked discussion that agrees with me I wouldnt even quoted ur post in the first place... Im saying that we view the game from diverse perspectives... where u see a bad implementd UI I see oportunities, thats bad for u? ok, we dont agree and thats cool... but I know what u mean cause it was hard for me to to get aclimatized with this game, thats why I said I understud u... anyhow, Im not continuing with this argument cause like I said: u said ur piece and I said mine... if u want to argue with me personally because u see the world black and I see it white, just PM me, this is not the right place to do it...

L

Lenor

See, this is where I have to step in, you clearly have the words facts and opinion mixed up (that is a fact).
You say you are providing feedback, but to me it feels more like trolling than well argumented feedback (this is an opinion).

Even so, thank you for the feedback. I think the UI is fine, considering the feedback I have received so far.
I do however, plan on updating the waiting function, to make it more user friendly, as discussed earlier in this thread.
Your game takes 3 clicks to do what others do with 1, how is that anything other than bad design? It's inefficient and it's definitely not an opinion. People like your game in spite of the UI, not because of it.

I'm not trolling and it's a well argumented feedback, 1 click is better than 3. Seems simple enough to me.

Man, chill out, u said ur piece and I said mine, why keep going? Or u say that I MUST agree with u? What YOU say is a FACT and other people cant have an opinion? WOW, thats a bit entitled from u, whatever YOU SAY its an opinion to me, sorry, diferent ways to live it seems... Im not telling u to shut up and if I only liked discussion that agrees with me I wouldnt even quoted ur post in the first place... Im saying that we view the game from diverse perspectives... where u see a bad implementd UI I see oportunities, thats bad for u? ok, we dont agree and thats cool... but I know what u mean cause it was hard for me to to get aclimatized with this game, thats why I said I understud u... anyhow, Im not continuing with this argument cause like I said: u said ur piece and I said mine... if u want to argue with me personally because u see the world black and I see it white, just PM me, this is not the right place to do it...
You say you like it how it is, then you say it was hard for you to get used with the game, then you say you understand where I'm coming from. Which is it? Make up your mind.

How is this not the place to discuss it? Isn't this the man of the house thread? Am I missing something?

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
How is this not the place to discuss this? Isn't this the man of the house thread? Am I missing something?
Yes, you are.
Normally I let these kind of things go, but since you seem to be serious, I will give you my opinion on what I think that it is, that you are missing:

This is a discussion forum, so discussion is not only fine, it's welcomed.
However, people that don't know the difference between facts and opinions are generally speaking not very good at discussion. Facts are non-negotiable, opinions however, are a totally different matter.
But when someone mixes those 2 up, others tend to shy away from discussion with them, as they are just a waste of time...

L

Lenor

Yes, you are.
Normally I let these kind of things go, but since you seem to be serious, I will give you my opinion on what I think that it is, that you are missing:

This is a discussion forum, so discussion is not only fine, it's welcomed.
However, people that don't know the difference between facts and opinions are generally speaking not very good at discussion. Facts are non-negotiable, opinions however, are a totally different matter.
But when someone mixes those 2 up, others tend to shy away from discussion with them, as they are just a waste of time...
Once again I ask, since you didn't answer. How are 3 clicks better than 1 if both have the same result? And how is me saying that 1 click is better than 3 not a fact? The UI is simply not efficient enough. Again, definitely not an opinion.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Once again I ask, since you didn't answer. How are 3 clicks better than 1 if both have the same result?
I have not stated that I do not share the opinion that 1 click is better than 3 if both have the same result.

And how is me saying that 1 click is better than 3 not a fact? The UI is simply not efficient enough. Again, definitely not an opinion.
Ask yourself again "what am I missing". And you might get an answer to your question.
For now, I'm shying away from this discussion as well. ;)

Ente Supremo

Jul 10, 2017
I want every one here who enjoys this game to go play this one and tell me what you think.
Even if this game has nothing to do with Man of the house, I though of returning the favour of a good game, so try this one out and tell me what u think :)

My take is this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

However, people that don't know the difference between facts and opinions... they are just a waste of time...
Allow me to highlight just that sentences, somehow summarize the thing... and I think u would do the right thing by just taking in account the so precise and correct feedback based on facts and stop reading the thousand ludicrous, blind and deaf people like me, scout honor!... Im going to bed... cheers!

L

Lenor

I have not stated that I do not share the opinion that 1 click is better than 3 if both have the same result.

Ask yourself again "what am I missing". And you might get an answer to your question.
For now, I'm shying away from this discussion as well. ;)
1 click is always better than 3 if both have the same result, there is absolutely no one that would rather do 2 more useless clicks on top of the mandatory one. A fact, not an opinion.

You're obviously free to keep the UI as it is, you're definitely successful enough. But if you want to improve your game even further then you should do a bit of research on user interface/experience.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Once again I ask, since you didn't answer. How are 3 clicks better than 1 if both have the same result? And how is me saying that 1 click is better than 3 not a fact? The UI is simply not efficient enough. Again, definitely not an opinion.
Ok tell us how to skip between 1 hour or 5 hours or 8 hours with a single click?
Is your GENIUS Interface covered with 25 buttons to skip all the time frames a user might want to skip i this game?
Even at BEST you only would reduce it to TWO clicks, one to see the skip options and another to click on the button for amount of time you want to skip.

I personally think you are just being Nitpicky and you don't offer a better solution to replace the one you don't like.
Perhaps you prefer to do what BB does and force a user to click WAIT 24 times in a day to move forward?
There is nothing wrong with the way time shifting is managed in this game. About the only knock you can make regarding the time events is that fact that some are only 30 Mins, some are 45 mins and there seems to be no reason for them to be less than an hour (that I can see) since just about all events become available at the top of the hour. The only exception is the Mom in the hallway after shower scene which would work just as well if the shower took an hour and you took it at 19:00.

But that's also being nitpicky and no reason to complain about it as it only affects the alarm setting later on.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Why are you starting a fight on this stupid opinion for it is just your stupid opinion on this.
My opinion is the game rocks just as it is so leave off on it.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
1 click is always better than 3 if both have the same result, there is absolutely no one that would rather do 2 more useless clicks on top of the mandatory one. A fact, not an opinion.

You're obviously free to keep the UI as it is, you're definitely successful enough. But if you want to improve your game even further then you should do a bit of research on user interface/experience.
Ok how do you skip 1 hour or 6 hours with one click....
You seem to be the interface guru so tell us how that happens?

L

Lenor

Ok how do you skip 1 hour or 6 hours with one click....
You seem to be the interface guru so tell us how that happens?
You simply click the hourglass 1 or 6 times.

The way it's currently set up, you have to click the hourglass once then click 6 times to set up the time to 6 hours in advance and then another click to accept. That's 8 clicks and 2 of them are not on the same button.

Clicking the button however many hours you want to skip is simply the best solution for this type of game, unless you want to get really creative and make the hourglass button skip to the next available event.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Ahhh so you want to go from 3 clicks to 6 clicks....Yeah we got it...You are clueless!

If I want to skip 8 hours I need to click 8 times...
So you want the time management BB has and everyone hates!

L

Lenor

Ahhh so you want to go from 3 clicks to 6 clicks....Yeah we got it...You are clueless!

If I want to skip 8 hours I need to click 8 times...
So you want the time management BB has and everyone hates!
The 3 clicks I was refering to is how many clicks it takes to advance the time by 1 hour in the game right now. 6 is how many clicks it takes to advance 6 hours in BB. It takes 8 clicks to advance the time by 6 hours in man of the house.

You should pay more attention before insulting me.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
The 3 clicks I was refering to is how many clicks it takes to advance the time by 1 hour in the game right now. 6 is how many clicks it takes to advance 6 hours in BB. It takes 8 clicks to advance the time by 6 hours in man of the house.

You should pay more attention before insulting me.
And how do you set the time to 19:30 with your method so you can run into Mom in the hallway Huh?
No Idea I bet!

L

Lenor

And how do you set the time to 19:30 with your method so you can run into Mom in the hallway Huh?
No Idea I bet!
By having all events trigger on the dot. Can you please stop talking to me like I'm an idiot? I'm simply having a discussion here.

Why are you starting a fight on this stupid opinion for it is just your stupid opinion on this.
My opinion is the game rocks just as it is so leave off on it.
You also think BB is a good game, your standards are not that high.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.20 star(s) 254 Votes