• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm waiting until I can cross over to linux and get a decent WINE thing going (or just get linux versions of all the games I care about.)
MotH (including Animation etc..) runs flawless via Wine! Even has less problems as on Windows 10! :LOL:

Sad to see how the devloper destroy that game :( .......

Since he change the gameplay its going down -.-
Can you pls explain a little bit, what from your point of view, went down?

Reactions: TheDevian

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I tried everything ... but nothing ... the game still does not work ... I always have the same message

Switching to 1440x900 resolution failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1440x900 fs = 0 hz = 0)

I'm desperate :cry::cry::cry:
Try this:
Go here:

When you click the "Download" button, make sure you select the appropriate update for your system.

32-bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x86.msu
64-Bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu

Don't download both files.

After installation, restart your computer and try playing MotH.

Next time use the search function or look into the troubleshoot thread! (Do not hit enter but instead click on search)

View attachment 221969

I'm no longer able to run this game on my Win 7 PC, because of animations. I'm barely able to run the last update on my Win 8.1 laptop. The game is getting larger and requiring more resources like RAM and a better graphics card. I'm looking at getting a Win 10 machine now, but a basic gaming one runs in the $1000-1,500 range.
How much RAM does your Win7 and Win 8.1 system have? The game should run on a system with 2GB RAM!

Your animation problem can be the result of broken windows codecs. Pls try to repair them by installing K-Lite Codec Mega Pack. Above Windows 7 patch will fix a potential Resolution/DX11 problem.

Feel free to post up-coming problems to the Troubleshoot Tread as pointed out by others:

Pistolmax

Dec 25, 2017
Anyone know how to play this on MAC? Ive got the suggested version of Wine Staging but no text shows in the text boxes. No writing of any sorts shows but the outlines of the boxes are still there.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Anyone know how to play this on MAC? Ive got the suggested version of Wine Staging but no text shows in the text boxes. No writing of any sorts shows but the outlines of the boxes are still there.
You need to install corefonts, devenum and quartz via Winetricks. Check the installation guide it is explained there.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I just want to chime in and say that I'm on W7 and am not having problems with the animations. They ghost a little and sputter, but I usually skip through them. I'm sure they'd add more value to the game on a better system, but I'm waiting until I can cross over to linux and get a decent WINE thing going (or just get linux versions of all the games I care about.)
But animations do work under wine on Linux. Any version of wine, any prefix. Just follow instructions as written here:

Reactions: cold_arctus

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
does sombody know how to change the mc's name without starting a new game?
Open your most recent save file, and change name of Main character there.
It's on very beginning of file:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PlayerData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Version>v0.8.7</Version>
  <Name>Enter name you wish here</Name>

Reactions: Stuwi71

arrowmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Open your most recent save file, and change name of Main character there.
It's on very beginning of file:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PlayerData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Version>v0.8.7</Version>
  <Name>Enter name you wish here</Name>
thx man

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
Sad to see how the devloper destroy that game :( .......

Since he change the gameplay its going down -.-
i don't get it. he went trough great lenghts to optimize the gameplay. he listens to his players/testers to make the experience of the game better all the time and still there are people complaining. so i guess you loved to grind every stat of the girls in countless hours?

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Try this:

How much RAM does your Win7 and Win 8.1 system have? The game should run on a system with 2GB RAM!

Your animation problem can be the result of broken windows codecs. Pls try to repair them by installing K-Lite Codec Mega Pack. Above Windows 7 patch will fix a potential Resolution/DX11 problem.

Feel free to post up-coming problems to the Troubleshoot Tread as pointed out by others:
Thanks, and will give it a try.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Anyone have version 8.6 for the Christmas special easter egg on the title, or can post a pic of it?

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes