partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
sorry for dumb question, but iam bad at this-where can i find save file location?
Well, in v0.8.2. and in PC it's located to Man of The House -mainfolder. As savegames -subfolder. Of other OS and v0.8.3. I don't know...

Jarod444

Nov 13, 2017
I tried the TEST version of 0.8.3 a couple of hours ago and i think the new ui looks really good.

But this is really a test version so in the first 5 minutes of playing i encountered two bugs: the "landlady" not being there doing yoga and the shopping center having the wrong stuff.

I really like this game and so i will wait patiently for the release.

Reactions: Faerin

meggie

Jul 4, 2018
Well, in v0.8.2. and in PC it's located to Man of The House -mainfolder. As savegames -subfolder. Of other OS and v0.8.3. I don't know...
so when i delete that folder while ago, i dont have that save files? i think i heard that files is also in some appdata in computer, but i cant find that folder :(

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
so when i delete that folder while ago, i dont have that save files? i think i heard that files is also in some appdata in computer, but i cant find that folder :(
Yes, there is or was saves for some older versions if you played those. But Faerin moved saves to mainfolder long time ago. So, yes, then you don't have saves anymore...

Edit: Have you heard of Recuva? Google it...

Reactions: TheDevian

lucifuge1973

May 7, 2018
The APPDATA folder you are looking for is usually hidden by windows... Bastards. You need to unlock hidden folders. Open any folder and click on tools in the upper left hand menu. Choose folder options, then the view tan. Scroll down and look for show hidden folders. Then the folder you seek is in C/users/your name.

Oh i'm talking about w7 btw. Couldn't stand Windon't 8 or 10. After 7 becomes xp and phased out it's straight (back) to linux for me lol.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hello faerin and others. Thank you for the release of this test version. It's good for me that the new version has already come out. I've been waiting for the update for a long time and I was curious to see how the next dialogues and fates will unfold. But I have a question like that! Will in this finished version that will be on November 2, as the official, will be from the very beginning everything translated into the language that I use in my case (POLISH) because, now I have downloaded this test version included Polish language but still the texts that previously were in Polish they are in English. So I think that I will be able to read 100% of the version from the beginning in my own language (because I do not fully understand English). And after 2, whether this information on the phone in the Contacts tab, and the description of each hero will also be in Polish, because it is currently in English, as to the tips at the bottom of the phone, I like their location and these dialogues and also those icons from the top to the phone. I really thank you for such a contribution on your part in the further development of the game. I think that each version will be better than those that were.
Translations are always one version behind. That's because I add a lot of dialogs each update and the translators need some time to do their work too. So normally (when translators are avaiable), each update's content will be translated the update after.

Another issue that I'm not sure whether it's a bug or if it was just changed from the previous versions is that there seems to be no way to raise charisma. There used to be items at the mall in previous versions that would raise it but not anymore. Still working on boosting relation scores to see if there is some new requirement to get those items now.
Yeah, there will be new ways to increase your primary stats in this update, I haven't implemented that yet. For now you'll have to use the cheat console to up the charisma. (kinda forgot about unlocking the perfume, sorry about that).

Thank you first for this great game. I only regret that for version 0.8.2... the translation into French is at 90% and remained at 90%... So my wish would be that the translations be updated... otherwise I will test the beta
Please see my first comment of this post.

I am working my through another game so I was only interested in the UI. It is well laid out and actually very easy to read. The hints are a little small so they are harder to read but not that bad. The phone is about the same and it will take a little time to use it for achievements but the rest is the same only arranged a little differently. I think it is a great revamp of what you had although it kinda sucks that we have to play from the beginning. Not sure if I will do that or take advantage of the save file when it's released as a full version. Thanks for all you have done and will be doing with this game @Faerin.
Well, the UI is just a small part of the changes and don't require a restart (naturally). Changing the engine, however, does.
There are a lot of changes to the engine, based upon how the game has developed and changed over the last year or so.
The main reason for this was to be able to focus on content updates for another 6-12 months without running into major problems down the line.

"You will have to start a new game with this update and if you play the final release in 2 weeks, you will have to start over again! I will include a 100% savegame in that release, for those that don’t want to play again."

A 100% savegame? So, events would all already be triggered, one-time events will have already been done so players would never get to see them, repeatable events that expire when new events take their place would also not be seen - a 100% save makes playing pointless. Unless you mean "100% of previous material only"? Being unable to use old saves, especially after playing this as long as many of us have and especially with how damn much time it takes to get through the grind & the events, makes this not worth wasting time on anymore. Even on Ren'Py with "skip" enabled it would still be far too onerous a task to start over but on Unity - forget it!

One of the top 3 games here has just died. What a shame...
100% savegame of all the previous content. Scenes can be replayed in the gallery.
Not fixing old bugs/cleaning up code is what makes projects "die" down the line, what I'm doing is the exact opposite to ensure the game will "live on". But since you seem to know what you're talking about:
Can we have a moment of silence for MotH please :(

I tried the TEST version of 0.8.3 a couple of hours ago and i think the new ui looks really good.

But this is really a test version so in the first 5 minutes of playing i encountered two bugs: the "landlady" not being there doing yoga and the shopping center having the wrong stuff.

I really like this game and so i will wait patiently for the release.
Thanks, glad you like the new UI. The landlady and shopping center hasn't been implemented yey (as all other character's besides Veronica), they will be in the final release of the update.
The crazy fat chick is easily distracted with a slice of pizza, but man-bear-woman is a different story...

Asura

Jun 3, 2017
Is there a way to content Amy's content after the talk to trade for oil coz i finished all events except her's and Veronica but its not triggering.

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Mother does not on the terrace. Is this a mistake?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, this is v0.8.3 Test. Is it a mistake to test it, well, that you can figure out yourself. You're now Faerin's guinea pigs in cages, you see... ;D so, suffer, you little pigs, suffer, suffer, suffer... you get used to it eventually believe it or not. and then comes next test and it starts again, you pigs, muaha ha ha ha haaa!
-edited-

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes