kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
@Krull awesome as always and I just clocked the link in your sig about making your own sigs...thank you downloaded to play with!!

Reactions: Krull

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I'm having a problem triggering the Helen events. The last one I show completed is the Start Thesis event. Help?
I'm stuck in a loop it seems and is probably a result of a bad save
missed some events along the way.
Based on the information you have presented my conclusion is that you both have broken saves. You probably didn't restart in 0.06.03 with the save I made, sorry about the inconvenience.
On the bright side, I revised a lot of old dialogue so there will be some small new changes when you restart. ;)
there use to be a tracker that showed your progress on the thesis and the website, not there anymore.
They will now hide when you have reached their maximum so as to not clutter up the screen, I think I added it in the changelog. :)

Reactions: fauxplayer

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
I'm stuck, got a strap on for Jenny and Jenna but never get an option to give it to them, also can only attend classes, work and go to lunch with Helen, nothing more, no library, nobody even apears outside during walks anymore

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
I really like the changes and new content!! They really seemed to "fix" some of the pacing/flow of the story and seem to engage the MC sooner(I'm still a little up in the air about it, however it does clear up a few things that some people didn't catch/get the first time through).

@Fasder
Have you ever read any of the Thunder and Lightning books by John Varley? It's an homage to my favorite author Robert A. Heinlein. There is a character in them Jubal, that is "special" although his is from a 2x4 to the back of the head. He has a crazy idea and revolutionizes the world in space travel and energy storage in his garage/workshop in the swamps of Florida. Anyway there is alot of Mark in Jubal or visa versa.

Game Icon...Not sure how I feel about it, here's why; If the F is for Fasder, then does that mean your only going to make one game!? cause that prospect is rather gloomy...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I really like the changes and new content!! They really seemed to "fix" some of the pacing/flow of the story and seem to engage the MC sooner(I'm still a little up in the air about it, however it does clear up a few things that some people didn't catch/get the first time through).
Thanks, I was a little hesitant to mention his "condition" twice, I might remove it from the talk by the pool.

Have you ever read any of the Thunder and Lightning books by John Varley?
I haven't but I'll be sure to check them out.
Mark is loosely based on a few characters from other books, one is Vaz from the book Vaz by Laurence E. Dahners and the other would be John Carmack from the way he's depicted in Masters of Doom, there are others too but Mark would land somewhere in between them. There's obviously a lot of me in there too but I think that goes for every character.

Anyway there is alot of Mark in Jubal or visa versa.
Sounds cool!

Game Icon...Not sure how I feel about it, here's why; If the F is for Fasder, then does that mean your only going to make one game!? cause that prospect is rather gloomy...
Well, I thought about making it an L but I figured that something more like a logo would be more appropriate.
No, I have plans for another game, sort of a sequel but not really. It's been cooking in my head for a long time now and I have a decent premise to work from, not sure how well it will hold up.
Also even if I didn't make another game, I'd still want to write, so there's that at least. ;)

If you try to fast travel to a location that is closed, you get the message that it's closed, but you end up standing outside of house.
Maybe reduce clicking, roll through the redundant sleep scenes instead of having to click
Well you need to end up somewhere and if you're trying to go to school (or any other locations outside the home) then the most logical place is outside the house. But I know what you mean since you can't skip time there it can get a little annoying, I'll agree with that, just not sure how or if to "solve" it.
There's always ctrl, no need to click through them, but I had the same thought about the "..." during sleep.

? is this a slang term(teach for teacher), it is in the US, I just don't feel it would apply for Mark.
It's supposed to be teachers. :)

If you or anyone else find more typos or anything you can @ParthMargin, he's helping out by proofreading the script.

Reactions: ParthMargin

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
I got the first 4 Helen objectives done and then 5 unkown underneath on her list, she only gives me the option to attend lecture, work and go to lunch, nothing more, doesnt even appear outside at night/late night.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I'm stuck, got a strap on for Jenny and Jenna but never get an option to give it to them
You can't give it to them yet, it's not currently in the game.

I got the first 4 Helen objectives done and then 5 unkown underneath on her list, she only gives me the option to attend lecture, work and go to lunch, nothing more, doesnt even appear outside at night/late night.
If you used an old save it's likely that you're locked out.
The thesis have a few scenes that can trigger, so if you were higher than 4/15 when you started last release then that's likely the cause.
I can take a look at your save and see if I can fix it.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017

@Fasder
Have you ever read any of the Thunder and Lightning books by John Varley? It's an homage to my favorite author Robert A. Heinlein. There is a character in them Jubal, that is "special" although his is from a 2x4 to the back of the head. He has a crazy idea and revolutionizes the world in space travel and energy storage in his garage/workshop in the swamps of Florida. Anyway there is alot of Mark in Jubal or visa versa.

jubal harshaw? nah mark's nothing like him, jubal is balding, fat, and has lots of hot chicks working for him who would kill for him..... and for a while he even had a martian living with him heh

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
It's supposed to be teachers. :)

If you or anyone else find more typos or anything you can @ParthMargin, he's helping out by proofreading the script.
i must stop you both right there, it's teacher's since there is only 1 teacher there heh and it's her pussy, teachers would be plural and doesn't fit there where it should be possessive..

Mostarac

Jan 31, 2018
hi guys.. i need a bit help... i'm stuck at thesis at 9/15.. i get message i should wait until later like helen said...

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Thanks, I was a little hesitant to mention his "condition" twice, I might remove it from the talk by the pool.
Just as this game started to get frustrating because I felt like I was playing as , it struck me that the MC was supposed to be that way, and everything fell into place. Kudos to you for avoiding what could easily have been a cliched trope of a nerdy, autistic computer programmer. You've creating someone "on the spectrum" with all the nuance and individual specialization that comes with it. This particular update did seem to hammer that point home a bit too much, as if you were telling your Patrons "Wait, there's a reason he's this way!" So I'd agree with your consideration to not reveal it so obviously--when your story is finished I think you and the players will appreciate it if it's drawn out a bit. A few more subtle building hints from the the sister and the prof that come earlier, before the pool scene where he's directly asked if he's ever been diagnosed would help IMHO. Of course, that would mean more save-breaking updates, so easier said than done :).

Reactions: kiteares

Mostarac

Jan 31, 2018
one more thing... i can't get the delivery of strap-on... but all jenna and jenny achivments are done...

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Just as this game started to get frustrating because I felt like I was playing as , it struck me that the MC was supposed to be that way, and everything fell into place. Kudos to you for avoiding what could easily have been a cliched trope of a nerdy, autistic computer programmer. You've creating someone "on the spectrum" with all the nuance and individual specialization that comes with it. This particular update did seem to hammer that point home a bit too much, as if you were telling your Patrons "Wait, there's a reason he's this way!" So I'd agree with your consideration to not reveal it so obviously--when your story is finished I think you and the players will appreciate it if it's drawn out a bit. A few more subtle building hints from the the sister and the prof that come earlier, before the pool scene where he's directly asked if he's ever been diagnosed would help IMHO. Of course, that would mean more save-breaking updates, so easier said than done :).

on the spectrum sounds like he's taking some drug or something, you have spectrum or suffer from spectrum would be better, but even better would be to throw that ridiculous word out the window and just say autism..

Reactions: Adoringfan

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Kudos to you for avoiding what could easily have been a cliched trope of a nerdy, autistic computer programmer.
I don't like the clichés that a lot of people are depending on, there are a lot of different types of people out there and if you care to look you'll find that there is more variation than meets the eye.

This particular update did seem to hammer that point home a bit too much, as if you were telling your Patrons "Wait, there's a reason he's this way!"
Well I've been pretty obvious with it before this point, it's just that people actually had to know what characteristics someone with autism might have. Sound sensitivity, don't generally like to be around people, hard time understanding his own and other peoples emotions are all things that Mark struggle with. So if people don't understand that by now then all I really can do is say it outright. So my reasoning was basically that there's a point where he's asked outright, and it should be clear at that point that he is very likely to be on the spectrum (by the pool), that scene can happen before or after the scene between Sarah and Jenna, where I only mention that he might be on "the spectrum", which most people should get. The thing is that I thought the hints I gave earlier in the game were very obvious, but then Sarah went topless and everyone lost their minds and I had to explain, so I really never know how much or how little I should be explaining.

when your story is finished I think you and the players will appreciate it if it's drawn out a bit.
It's not really supposed the be a revelation of any kind, it's just how it is, which is why it's only mentioned in passing.
But I like the conversation between Sarah and Jenna, I had that in my head for a long time and it fit really well there. The one with Jenna and Mark, however, is sort of redundant, but like I said, you never know.

one more thing... i can't get the delivery of strap-on... but all jenna and jenny achivments are done...
Are you saying you can't give it to them? Then that's because it's not in the game yet. There will be a scene where that happens.
If you're saying that it's not in your inventory, even after waiting a few days then I don't know, I don't think there's a bug but there might be. Some more information would help.

on the spectrum sounds like he's taking some drug or something, you have spectrum or suffer from spectrum would be better, but even better would be to throw that ridiculous word out the window and just say autism..
Autism is a spectrum, though. So I don't really agree with that.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes