3.60 star(s) 12 Votes

paperbag

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hey dude, whats up?

I've seen your post on Twitter and I wondered, will the Manhattan demo contain New enemies? You know, a more challenging and inteligent foes that would require some special strategy like "break the Shields or hit from behind" grunt? Also about the ryona, will the girls react more consistently to enemy attacks? In the last demo Amelia dont seem like she's feeling anything like hurt or even a little pain after receaving the attacks, although her clothes seems pretty destroyied by the strikes (honestly I think that's something that will be polished for the game with sure, but that's ok to ask). And will she looks like "tired" when her HP reach low levels?

Just another thing Im pretty anxious to see this map, Manhattan is a great city and have great potencial for becoming a battlefield
Yeah, there will be more enemies (some bosses, too), the AI will be smarter, and there will be more interesting behavior. Just needed to build the basics first. Yeah, stagger animations need a lot of work, they'll get a pass after some other dependencies are handled. There are no plans for a 'tired' anim state yet, but I think it'll be added in the future.

Thanks! Here's the latest WIP on Manhattan (each grid square = 100x100m):

D

Deleted member 53054

Yeah, there will be more enemies (some bosses, too), the AI will be smarter, and there will be more interesting behavior. Just needed to build the basics first. Yeah, stagger animations need a lot of work, they'll get a pass after some other dependencies are handled. There are no plans for a 'tired' anim state yet, but I think it'll be added in the future.

Thanks! Here's the latest WIP on Manhattan (each grid square = 100x100m):
Thanks for the answer man.

Dude... you dont exist, look at this map. Its FREAKING HUGE. Hahahah. Good job for you and your team.

Reactions: paperbag

KimYoon

Oct 27, 2017
im getting a gamethread timed out waiting for renderthread error
something like that:[File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp]

paperbag

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
im getting a gamethread timed out waiting for renderthread error
something like that:[File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp]
Can you PM me your specs? Haven't seen this bug before

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
... Should I celebrate or rant? not sure...

Buuut "3 different girls to choose from, each with romance routes and different fighting/play styles." I'm happy with this. :>

paperbag

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Made a teaser trailer for Denpasoft / SP:

Also, I wrote an announcement on our discord announcing the SP/Denpasoft partnership, of which the announcement dropped yesterday evening. If you're curious about the reasons why, this is the discord post:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry about the lack of posts with updates the past 2 weeks, been buried under work; there actually have been updates that have been posted on Patreon, but most of them aren't really interesting to look at, so I didn't post them here.

The music in this game is fantastic. Where did you get it?
Thanks :) Battle BGM/trailer score is written by our composer. Rest is from audioblocks.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017

Also, I wrote an announcement on our discord announcing the SP/Denpasoft partnership, of which the announcement dropped yesterday evening. If you're curious about the reasons why, this is the discord post:

Sorry about the lack of posts with updates the past 2 weeks, been buried under work; there actually have been updates that have been posted on Patreon, but most of them aren't really interesting to look at, so I didn't post them here.

Thanks :) Battle BGM/trailer score is written by our composer. Rest is from audioblocks.
...why Sekai Project, why? They're the worst when it comes to everything - not that MangaGamer and JAST are better. All of them are the complete worst that could happen to us. But anyway, I wish you good luck and all the best because even though I didn't play it yet (one day, maybe, if time will be my friend), I'm certain that this is a great game nonetheless c:

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017

Well. Money is the biggest factor when it comes to making a game. No money no game simple as that..
It's 100% reasonable what you did. You needed more income and you seeked one. but if I knew you struggled with finances I would had joined you guys in patreon. Without any update we or I have no way of knowing what is going on at your end . Partnership with SP/DP always ends in disaster and some kind of restrictions for my knowledge. Can only say good luck and hopefully it ends well :>

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
censored, hack and slash game why the hell it is censored we are not in japane so we dont need to have a censored genitals.

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
game is decent but having censored Hscene is pointless so after uncesored version is released i'll rate it.

Shiro39

Oct 31, 2017
just tried the demo from patreon...

this game is really cool and looks like NieR: Automata (or perhaps inspired by NieR)! Amelia is really cute!

since I can't run NieR, I'm so glad I found this game as an alternative

anyway, you've done great on the optimization, dev! I can play this game on my old crappy laptop in both 1080p (scale: 50)/720p (scale: 75) with all the effects set to Ultra (except shadows and view distance) and got around 30-60 fps (with the same engine, I only got around 5 - 25 fps on Fallen Doll)

I'm really looking forward for a fully-voiced update in the future (and it would be really great if you can make Amelia's eyes blinking)

edit, sorry there's something I forget

Last edited:

Urusaisenpai

Donor
Apr 30, 2017
this game is really cool and looks like NieR: Automata (or perhaps inspired by NieR)! Amelia is really cute!

since I can't run NieR, I'm so glad I found this game as an alternative
Hahaha. That line made me giggle.
PaperBag should make a slogan Like "You can't run NieR: Automata, because your pc is made in 1975? Do you need some Hack'n'Slash in your life? Do you love hentai? Well Mahous Arms is for you?! WE FEATURE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS THAT WILL SIT ON YOUR DICK UNTIL YOU PRESS THE CUM BUTTON..."

Jk..

I'm just happy there is alot of people that is taking interest in this game ^_^/

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes