• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
Yep I was one of the game testers and even was streaming the game, but the RPGM was almost completed, and was just waiting for the final villain to show up, but the game dev made a poll on how to redo the game since there was this trend of remastering the game with the newer lighting that you could do with Nvidia video cards, so everyone clicks for the Renpy, so the game dev started to redo the game but yea, it never got pass the start of the game where RPGM was at
I think I understand the Renpy rebuild. Sure Renpy has it's fan boys, but running around in RPGM doesn't really suit the story and I see that many scenes in the Renpy version have been switched from talking solo/atomic figures to completely rendered scenes with interplay of the characters (with included lighting of course). That makes for a much more attractive and immersive game.
When reordering the assets I came across Chat_Traci_Sam and Chat_Poli_Both images that feature 2 characters in the head to trunk figure format while that is meant for solo characters talking. It suggests that the creator was running up against the limits of RPGM. Note also that Renpy can do exactly the same , but changed it to show head to middle busts. Renpy can do , but he chose to make the characters come closer to the camera and thus make it more intense. Combined with the articy clue, I feel that he wanted to do something cinematic.

Interesting that you said the final villain did not show up jet, because I saw a Tamara spy character in some images from a dungeon and a lab playroom. I'm stuck in the game so I assumed the creator had those scenes done, but waited to include them in the gameplay. There seem to be too much of those scenes, so I probably suck at playing this game.
Also strange that that character didn't make a cameo in the beginning of the game, while the mail girl had the succubus reveal in the brothel and according to the images some leadership role in a dungeon.

I've seen many writers being interviewed on FilmCourage and the ones the do no or little outlining make big exception when writing a thriller. With a thriller they need to know the big reveal at the ending and write towards that. Seems that a thriller hinges on a lot of details bouncing the hero forward and it's easy to bounce him the wrong way.

Maybe the hero could also have some . This could make him some money, could provide some backstory to some other characters and give some alternative option. It's also possible to move from hacking computers to hacking brains with fast seduction and (more then just ) or hacking bodies with steroids and cosmetic surgery. There is a possibility that it would be too grim. Was the format intended to be more lighthearted take on sex, drugs and magic? Any thoughts.

Last edited:

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
Would be great if you could rebuild the game, Marzepain. I believe that the creator of this game would be proud to see someone else continue his story (I never knew him or was even close to him, but if you died and you could see someone else bothered about your projects and planed on finishing them, that would be quite pleasant I think). And as a fan, I would also love to see and end to the story.
Thanks for the support, Ttyrant. I'm surprised that there my remark got any views at all as this game and it's creator have been dead for quite some time. There must be really something to it. Maybe it's come for the boobs stay for the story?

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
Warning: Spoilers ahead!

I'm kind of stuck with the assets of this game as I could not play the story far enough to know where the assets should logically belong to. Also my Spanish sucks and Babelfish can translate normal words, but sucks at the slang used for naming files.

I've tried to shoehorn the assets into a structure based on names used in Theater and Film, but supported by fundamental research in Development Psychology called . Please elaborate if you think I'm doing something strange here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The assets are firstly grouped by release folder like core, dlc and expansion. Not really relevant here as it's 1 core release, but I'll add it for consistency.

In core there are time of change related folders like Acts, base, sidestory and static.
  • the assets in the static folder never change,
  • the assets in the Base folder never change, but function as defaults for the ones in the Acts
  • The assets in the Act folders override the once in the base folder specifically in that Act or Scene,
  • The assets in the sidestory folder are unrelated to the main story and here it's only needed for the Toon Space story.

The static folder contains the UI around the story as that does not change during the story.
The base folder contains the elements used in the story at multiple points. These are generic default things instead of Act or scene specific.

For the base folder characters in the story I tried to guess their function and included that in their folder name.
The folders mainly contain figures used when showing the dialog. Their state and emotions may vary, but its pretty generic.

Note the use of "Householder" and "Housemate" as it creates plausible deniability, but people here know what is meant.

The folders starting with "Interplay" are the figures that are combined with each other. I think this is a mistake by the author as the dialog figures are meant as a stand alone system and the Interplay between characters should be done in a (cut-) scene.

The determinations folder is currently empty, because the trade does not seem to have specific icons or screens.
Same for the groups folder as there are factions, they do not have any specific assets related to them.

The locations folders may be a bit overkill as they mostly contain 1 background image, but some have multiple.
The Props directory has the object in the game. It has the same problem as the locations as most have only a few images.
The supernumerary are called Extra's in film, but that would be a confusion name for something multidimensional as a game.
Hollywood actually uses something called the 3 act structure, but act 2 divided into 2 parts. Also Inciting Incident/Conflict, Midpoint and Finale/Denouement are generally defined as scenes not acts. The Prologue and Epilogue are generally Act1 and Act3, showing the starting/normal situation ending with the Inciting Incident and the ending/new normal situation after the Denouement. Act 2 is where the story happens, with the midpoint being high for a tragedy and low for a comedy.

Here is the prologue of Lust Town. (Starting with sex, ending with sex and having lots of sex in between makes for an interesting story)
This has many so many scenes, because it's 1 camera viewpoint per scene. I have Hollywood screenplay writers mention a 1 descriptive sentence per camera viewpoint as a standard and a scene could have 5 sentences description, but it's now down to 3. Implying that a scene currently has a max of 3 camera viewpoints. Apparently the film pro's like to work with 1 camera at a time (unlike sitcom) so having only 1 camera shot per scene makes the shot list ID's the same as the Scene ID's. That may simplify the team effort.

The reason to put multiple camera viewpoint in 1 scene is that a director can reorder things more easily, as the name of the scene reveals the intention or function in the story. I have too little insight in the intentions of the story writer to order this correctly.
So Act 2 currently looks like this, with the Inciting Incident being the conflict with the Drug Dealer.
The good (22) end bad (21) ending both have there own Scene number as the number functions as an ID to quickly reference the scene.
Then I get lost and have to dump everything in Act 3, not knowing what is the Midpoint, Finale or the Epilogue.
Maybe somebody finds a use for this. The game has more components then I expected. I wonder how this structure could be optimized for a smaller or bigger game?
Also I wonder if this structure is difficult to use in a Ren'py implementation or with any other game engine?

Edit: Put the images in spoiler panels. First time use 4 me. Thanks for the hint CookieMonster666.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm kind of stuck with the assets of this game as I could not play the story far enough to know where the assets should logically belong to. Also my Spanish sucks and Babelfish can translate normal words, but sucks at the slang used for naming files.

I've tried to shoehorn the assets into a structure based on names used in Theater and Film, but supported by fundamental research in Development Psychology called . Please elaborate if you think I'm doing something strange here.
View attachment 1038702
The assets are firstly grouped by release folder like core, dlc and expansion. Not really relevant here as it's 1 core release, but I'll add it for consistency.

In core there are time of change related folders like Acts, base, sidestory and static.
  • the assets in the static folder never change,
  • the assets in the Base folder never change, but function as defaults for the ones in the Acts
  • The assets in the Act folders override the once in the base folder specifically in that Act or Scene,
  • The assets in the sidestory folder are unrelated to the main story and here it's only needed for the Toon Space story.

The static folder contains the UI around the story as that does not change during the story.
View attachment 1038765

The base folder contains the elements used in the story at multiple points. These are generic default things instead of Act or scene specific.

For the base folder characters in the story I tried to guess their function and included that in their folder name.
View attachment 1038769
The folders mainly contain figures used when showing the dialog. Their state and emotions may vary, but its pretty generic.

Note the use of "Householder" and "Housemate" as it creates plausible deniability, but people here know what is meant.

The folders starting with "Interplay" are the figures that are combined with each other. I think this is a mistake by the author as the dialog figures are meant as a stand alone system and the Interplay between characters should be done in a (cut-) scene.

The determinations folder is currently empty, because the trade does not seem to have specific icons or screens.
Same for the groups folder as there are factions, they do not have any specific assets related to them.

The locations folders may be a bit overkill as they mostly contain 1 background image, but some have multiple.
View attachment 1038788

The Props directory has the object in the game. It has the same problem as the locations as most have only a few images.
View attachment 1038789

The supernumerary are called Extra's in film, but that would be a confusion name for something multidimensional as a game.
View attachment 1038793

Hollywood actually uses something called the 3 act structure, but act 2 divided into 2 parts. Also Inciting Incident/Conflict, Midpoint and Finale/Denouement are generally defined as scenes not acts. The Prologue and Epilogue are generally Act1 and Act3, showing the starting/normal situation ending with the Inciting Incident and the ending/new normal situation after the Denouement. Act 2 is where the story happens, with the midpoint being high for a tragedy and low for a comedy.

Here is the prologue of Lust Town. (Starting with sex, ending with sex and having lots of sex in between makes for an interesting story)
View attachment 1038706
This has many so many scenes, because it's 1 camera viewpoint per scene. I have Hollywood screenplay writers mention a 1 descriptive sentence per camera viewpoint as a standard and a scene could have 5 sentences description, but it's now down to 3. Implying that a scene currently has a max of 3 camera viewpoints. Apparently the film pro's like to work with 1 camera at a time (unlike sitcom) so having only 1 camera shot per scene makes the shot list ID's the same as the Scene ID's. That may simplify the team effort.

The reason to put multiple camera viewpoint in 1 scene is that a director can reorder things more easily, as the name of the scene reveals the intention or function in the story. I have too little insight in the intentions of the story writer to order this correctly.
So Act 2 currently looks like this, with the Inciting Incident being the conflict with the Drug Dealer.
View attachment 1038747
The good (22) end bad (21) ending both have there own Scene number as the number functions as an ID to quickly reference the scene.
Then I get lost and have to dump everything in Act 3, not knowing what is the Midpoint, Finale or the Epilogue.
View attachment 1038758
Maybe somebody finds a use for this. The game has more components then I expected. I wonder how this structure could be optimized for a smaller or bigger game?
Also I wonder if this structure is difficult to use in a Ren'py implementation or with any other game engine?
Would you mind editing your post to put those images in SPOILER tags so there isn't as much scrolling needed to see additional posts on this thread?

Reactions: Marzepain

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
Would you mind editing your post to put those images in SPOILER tags so there isn't as much scrolling needed to see additional posts on this thread?
Done, but maybe this isn't the right place for a post like this. It's really about structuring an asset folder. I have found some questions on this forum about that, but everybody seems to say something like, do whatever you like. That also goes for articles on the web as whole or maybe I just haven't found them jet.
There are however some pro's and con's for this Film/Theatre approach, against the functional (audio, video, image) approach or the component approach (map, world, fight, dialog, cut-scene).
Would it be better to start a new thread?

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Done, but maybe this isn't the right place for a post like this. It's really about structuring an asset folder. I have found some questions on this forum about that, but everybody seems to say something like, do whatever you like. That also goes for articles on the web as whole or maybe I just haven't found them jet.
There are however some pro's and con's for this Film/Theatre approach, against the functional (audio, video, image) approach or the component approach (map, world, fight, dialog, cut-scene).
Would it be better to start a new thread?
That sounds like a good idea. I know there are several existing threads about assets, but I'm not sure whether one exists yet for structuring the folder for assets. I believe you should be able just to use the option to start a new thread.

Nnjj

May 4, 2021
I cant find the code for the master key in mom room i clicked every were but ut dosent find the code i got sisters codes but stuck at moms 1

fr12rebel

Mar 6, 2018
I cant find the code for the master key in mom room i clicked every were but ut dosent find the code i got sisters codes but stuck at moms 1

Cick on Wall above Door to get Key Code.

Go to you're room and sleep (you need to collect money for the Keys)...

Reactions: Nnjj

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
I just dont i click but i dont get it
the game dev is no longer around, I think that part of the game is bugged out and never got fixed, and no, he pass away so the game dev is not coming back to finish the game

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
Is there any hope left that this game will ever be continued by anyone?
I don't think so and it was part of a team who was helping the game dev make the game, but the game dev pass away and the team decided that this game is now dead

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I don't think so and it was part of a team who was helping the game dev make the game, but the game dev pass away and the team decided that this game is now dead
I know all this, thanks, but didn't anybody else consider to continue it? At least I understood Marzepain this way.

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
I know all this, thanks, but didn't anybody else consider to continue it? At least I understood Marzepain this way.
I gave up on fixing the game a while ago. I posted my research, relatively detailed, so others could continue.

The GameMaker version is complete, as far as I know. Although it could use some work tuning mechanics and adding storylines.
The game was switched to RenPy and that version is a hot mess.
It would be somewhat solvable with the images and text from the GameMaker version, but the models are gone so you can't create new scenes.
I think sooner or later you find yourself stuck, but prove me wrong.

Reactions: syfy88man

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
I gave up on fixing the game a while ago. I posted my research, relatively detailed, so others could continue.

The GameMaker version is complete, as far as I know. Although it could use some work tuning mechanics and adding storylines.
The game was switched to RenPy and that version is a hot mess.
It would be somewhat solvable with the images and text from the GameMaker version, but the models are gone so you can't create new scenes.
I think sooner or later you find yourself stuck, but prove me wrong.
Yep I thank you for trying and yea, when the poll to switch from GameMaker 4 to Renpy, was a bad idea since when you were in the GameMaker version, you could explore the map some and see other things besides the main storyline but when it was switch to RenPy, the side quest kind of become part of the story but most of the images was missing, plus you would be stuck in some areas of the game story and just have to force close it to get back to your last spot that you saved. Yet again, I don't think anyone going to work on this game story since the main game dev pass away and the team that was working on, it has pretty much ended support for it. So sadly what you see, is what you get for now.

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes