I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
I was a little worried at first, but this demo surprised me with how invested it got me.

I'm gonna go with full sisters. Bart doesn't seem like he'd hook up with someone who already had a kid.
The son is Bart's from a previous marriage. The mom left Bart with the child. Bart had zero interest in keeping the child. They're all Bart's kids. Mom brings it up when you lecture Bart.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
In that case, it would make the player jealous, but relieved right after? Just my opinion on it.
Sure I like that sort of developments. And I don't mind jealousy in games at all. Like I said problem with ntr for me is destroying female character. If she was a slut who worship cock of some third party without any effort, what was my effort for? Why should I be jealous for mindless whore at all?
I read a lot of ntr manga to find what abour it annoys me and I what suprised me the most it was that trope of women being mindless whores worshiping a cock is ONLY consistent thing about ntr. Rarely antagonist want to even steal the girl for himself, he don't mind her being fucked by a dirty hobos. It's just one thing: protagonist efforts are pointless because women are worthless.
So you can surely understand why ntr don't mesh well with a game about building relationships/conquering women.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
The son is Bart's from a previous marriage. The mom left Bart with the child. Bart had zero interest in keeping the child. They're all Bart's kids. Mom brings it up when you lecture Bart.
I'll do a patch for this one later on. Because there are two ways to go about this - if Bart had the kid while being in his ex relationship, then Luke's a half brother to Lucy & Suzy - a relationship between them will classify as incest then. But if Bart dated someone who already had a kid, then they're just step siblings, not blood related - not incest. So, for the sake of, khm, another platform - they're step siblings. But after patching, they'll become half siblings.
This is just an idea how to introduce incest into the game for now, it might change. I'm open to good ideas :)

Reactions: borealis and I.W.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Sure I like that sort of developments. And I don't mind jealousy in games at all. Like I said problem with ntr for me is destroying female character. If she was a slut who worship cock of some third party without any effort, what was my effort for? Why should I be jealous for mindless whore at all?
I read a lot of ntr manga to find what abour it annoys me and I what suprised me the most it was that trope of women being mindless whores worshiping a cock is ONLY consistent thing about ntr. Rarely antagonist want to even steal the girl for himself, he don't mind her being fucked by a dirty hobos. It's just one thing: protagonist efforts are pointless because women are worthless.
So you can surely understand why ntr don't mesh well with a game about building relationships/conquering women.
I see your point. Then maybe what I have in mind, doesn't count as NTR at all, hmm. Not planning to make the main story characters fuck with whoever, whenever. Will have to introduce a few NTR events & see what you guys think about it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
The whole story is about a stepbrother and two twin sisters :) Maybe I'll make an incest patch for some sister content, but having them romance a stepbrother was the closest thing to 'incest' I came up with, that doesn't break Patreon's guidelines.
Oh, but it does break their guidelines sorry to tell you. Several games with step-relationships have been forced to change content deeply or were removed completely.

Yet you might fly under their radar, others have managed so far. Normally it depends on whether some dick decides to alert patreon to your game.

I was wondering, you don't plan to write something as melodramatic and brooding as Dual Family, or do you?

I'd put up with the ntr, if it's avoidable, but just step brother? It's too meh.
Maybe making a patch is too much trouble, but it'd make the game much more popular.

I don't mind if the NTR is completely avoidable, but I hope the focus won't be too much on that and other content will get the short straw.

Honestly, at this point, do we really, really need another incest game where you go after your sisters?
There are so many of them, that an actual step-relationship is almost a fresh wind.

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Oh, but it does break their guidelines sorry to tell you. Several games with step-relationships have been forced to change content deeply or were removed completely.
It's unclear how they interpret incest. Many say, that it's fine, as long as it's not going on between blood-related siblings. A step-sibling isn't blood related, so how can they say it's incest?
But I believe that many devs had the same opinion as me and still got in trouble, because for Patreon, it all depends 'on the context'. That basically means - if they decide you're breaking their guidelines, then you are breaking their guidelines.

I was wondering, you don't plan to write something as melodramatic and brooding as Dual Family, or do you?
No, I don't think so. I have played it, and my storyline doesn't seem to be similar. At least for me, anyway.

I don't mind if the NTR is completely avoidable, but I hope the focus won't be too much on that and other content will get the short straw.
Focus is on the main storyline, NTR is just an addition. Could easily go without it, but I figured it'll add some fun for people who like it. For those who do not, it won't leave them missing out.

Reactions: rgnar62 and botc76

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I was researching this and asking around before writing anything, came to the conclusion that as long as they're not bro / sis, dad / daughter etc, it's pretty safe. But thanks for the heads up, I'll prepare a failsafe just in case.

There will be a backstory about this in a future update. Berta didn't forget about Luke :)
Thank god I realy like her and bart was acting like a real douch bag IMO

Reactions: alexander3rd

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Maybe I'm missing something, but she pretty much abandoned him
If I were him I'd be pretty angry at this point :unsure:
Berta isn't the innocent, good girl in the story. She's not the bad one either, but, well, let's just say - bad luck and many mistakes, followed by many regrets. That's how I hope to portray her, make players feel sorry for her - but be mad at her at the same time ;)

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Berta isn't the innocent, good girl in the story. She's not the bad one either, but, well, let's just say - bad luck and many mistakes, followed by many regrets. That's how I hope to portray her, make players feel sorry for her - but be mad at her at the same time ;)
I'll be looking forward to it, but now the crowd demand revenge sex! :p
And not to worry, i'll be mad at her, at least in the beginning (i'll probably forgive her if she sows true remorse tho, i'm just too good)

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Oh goody there's android version!!!

Armeabi

*Inhales* hooooo boy... :cautious:

Welp, dont mind me... This might work for others

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Oh goody there's android version!!!

Armeabi

*Inhales* hooooo boy... :cautious:

Welp, dont mind me... This might work for others
It should work on most Android smartphones and tablets. If you need an x86 version, let me know, I can compile a copy (y)

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I'll give it a try, I'm mostly interested in the cheating/ntr part and in the female PoV

alexander3rd

AlexanderGames
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I'll give it a try, I'm mostly interested in the cheating/ntr part and in the female PoV
For NTR, you'll have to wait a few more updates. Currently I'm still developing the 'intro' phase of the story, which is Episode 1. There are a few fun events in it, but most of the fun stuff will develop further, starting from Ep.2 ;)

Reactions: rgnar62 and Mwanted
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes