HTML - Love and Corruption [v0.3.14] [Airell]

1. 2.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR: Bad text in a text heavy game is a huge miss. It is literally impossible to look past the bad writing. There are some good things here- but since the meat of the game is flawed, they do not provide adequate counterbalance. I didn't manage to get more than a few hours into the game-play before giving up.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Kleofasek1401

Itch reviewer, but dam I follow this forum and it's shocking to see this one being bombed. C'mon guys this is a pretty fun game with interesting story and the art is pretty good thoo, having some typos doesn't discredit the game as a whole.

This manages to be pretty good because this has a lot of work in it, I think it's pretty obv and could be more appreciated thoo. The romance stories and pregnancy are pretty unique in this game. The main drama is pretty decent thoo, I mean there's a world setting and that's already better than half the games I've played. Dat's kinda a slow burn romance, at least believable and all.

The dark side is mainly writing typos, but much less than in the early days of this. This still lacks equipment and weapons diversity, wanna use bows and staffs too but. The style of the game in the current build needs polishing. Ahh, thoo for mobile this can be shit, honestly.

Yea kinky stuff isn't the strong point of this thoo, but I think it's better to do one thing you do well, than several you do badly. If you don't like wholesome stuff and look for kinky material, you defo won't be appealed to this one and can give pass it. If you're into romance and pregnacy, you will have a ton of hours spent here.

Soo, 4/5 just until the issues are fixed. and dev bring dragon girls thoo please!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

lay1000000

So far so good. A few small typos or spacing issues but nothing majorly wrong. Very much like the game but only one complaint in a world of adventure, fighting, and taming monster girls and stuff I assume there would be more domination scenes like MC able to interact with girls in dominating manners or during sex scenes.

So basically player can choose to have a loving, romantic relationships with the girls. Other than that 9.5/10 solid game just needs some polishing. Plus special that the dev is cool and works for real, pretty noticable here and on their discord.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

aribba32

V0.3.10

There is alot of content now but what's there is fairly barebones. I found even with cheats that there is a good deal of grind in romancing the girls and that basically each one had the same route, with the same white knight dialogue (oh I want to protect you and I love you so much, and I will keep pursuing you unless you say it turns you off yada yada, repeat ad nauseum because it works everytime no matter their personality or species), same sex scenes basically the same route for a bunch of LIs. I know the author himself states this but it is shocking how much text can be skipped with absolutely no difference to you and I.

The lore, while somewhat expansive feels fairly surface-level. It's also frustrating because your relationship with some of the LIs (like Usanna) develops fairly organically and coincides with the plot of the story, while other girls seem happy to hop on your cock because you bought and refurbished a castle (or after excessively wearing them down by spending time with them every second of every waking day until they finally show up in your room at night. Oh and they never want to have sex the first night. And yet they always do).

Don't even get me started on the UI, the game mechanics are blech. Listen, if you like the CG's just download the game, view them and have a wank with your own imagination, would be more satisfying than whatever this is, (no reason to 'unlock' bonus scenes that way either). Listen, I can tell the dev's worked hard on this in their own way, but it still feels fairly amateurish. There is also something to be said about trying to charge 25 dollars to access the gallery. Really? REALLY?! For a bunch of text repeated verbatim between girls and a sprinkle of CGs?! Finally, dialogue/story length does not equal dialoge/story quality and it also turns out a heavily RPG themed game on Twine actually sucks ass engine-wise, who could've imagined that?!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

KaolaRegima

Lot of good romance, but a lot of word mistakes and mispellings. If you can get by that, theres lots of great girls to woo, lots to impregnate, and lots and lots of reading. The grills are also very beautiful and are a variety of races. rpg elements are a bit in the way, but worth going through when you want good story and very nice drawings and graphics. 5/5 stars will keep an eye on this.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Dyonos

This is a great game if you’re looking for some wholesome content. I just want want to woo some lovely girls and impregnate them. If you’re into romance or impregnating, and you haven’t played this, you’re doing yourself a disservice, straight up.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Yotetar

First of all, this game has potential and room to grow a lot if the developers improve the game and uses the money wisely.

Second, this game is still on a very early access by my opinion, there is a lot of work to be done, and I am not talking only about the story, but graphics, mechanics, system, UI, music, sound, character development, etc.

Saying this, let's begin with the review.
    Version 0.3.4

-History: The history is not bad, it has a common beginning, but the progress is not slow, basically after the 2 main quests you own a castle, I feel it is too soon in the development,it reminds me of a game that name I am not gonna share, they should fix it, basically after the birth you already have something too big for the stage you are,when you are basically a nobody, babysitted by others. They should fix it.Also in another stage of the game, you come from fighting bandits to fight a wyvern and be the hero. And wisely you are not even close to that, lvls, history, character development.They rush things so fast that feels like a deus ex machina and too artificial. But at this early stage of the game they can fix it.

-UI-map system: pretty symple, needs a lot of work, and you cannot be inmmersed in the game because of it.When you think you are in a forest, you cannot feel that you are in a forest, or a mountain,or plains, it is the same thing no matter what, even you put 1000 words to describe it, step by step.I could not inmerse in the game because of it, the colors doesnt add up.
    When you read that you are in a town with thousands of people, you cannot feel it or even image it, it is very very basic.
    And something I didnt like and reminds me of a game that I would not mention, in the castle there is some type of "teleport" to your own "fiefs" it doesnt feel natural, you have to move in the map to go to forests, towns, plains, but to go to your own inn, you dont have a natural way to go, you need to forcely teleport. It is fine that there are "maps" where you can move and finally a world map to not make it too big for the sake of player, but the fiefs should be near your castle, so.. that.
    Also you can feel some type of "lag" advancing in the map.
    But as I said it is an early stage.

-Main character: Basic, it has grown development, but too basic and rush too much.You feel the grow, but it is not natural, it is artificial.Like I said, you start fresh and quickly you own a castle and defeat a wyvern. No.

The relationship with the other characters are plain, mostly of the time the character call them: "sweet thing", or "I will protect you", you dont feel like they are important to him even if he says so, just a copy-paste of a pdf to seduce the girls. It has room to grow, but no, after playing some hours, you know how the cycle is.

-Second characters: There are a lot of variety, sometimes you can feel there are too many girls for the stage you are in the game, but they have their own personality and history. You can feel that most of the work went into the second characters.It is nice, but they also make you worry when the game is an advanced stage. When you have too many girls now, less unique will be the next girls because some patterns will be repeated, and less scenes you can involve them into the Main story. But time will tell, and for now it is nice and you can enjoy it.

-Grind system: A lot of work need to be done, guild, romance, lvlling up, money, reagents, if you dont like the grind, dont play it, because right now there is a lot of grind, a lot, sometimes is necessary but most of the time, not. You have been warned.

-Art: Basic but unique, it is beautifull, you can feel that they worked on it, There is still work to do, but you can enjoy it, it is not the best work, you can see some samples in the op, but hey, it adds up to the game, some scenes need to be redone but, cool.

-Lore: They like to put details on it, you can see that there is a lot work and hours done on it, it is a shame that you can only feel it on characters and not in the enviroment,but it can be fixed, and we are on early stages.

-Versions: The only thing I can say is that I played the 2.8 version before, and playing the 3.4 make my saves broken, no safe place to save to keep going, you are advised.

In general: There a lot of work that needs to be done, and they worked a lot on some fields.

There is a lot of basic things that needs to fix and work on it before they advance too far. But it is not for mke to decide. Time will tell.
    And of course this game doesn' feel that the developers are professionals in their field, more like amateurs trying to make a game.So, don't have high expectations, it is what it is.

Hope they grow and be better to imporve the game.

This review will be updated when more months/years are invested into the development of the game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

Mediocre.
    A text based game but the writing isn't good. MC's some goody-too-shoes if we go by how people react to him and the narration, but also not only casually lets literal sex slavery fly, he partakes in it with little to no issues. He also cheats on the entire world at once, while calling all women he ever meets with the exact same platitudes, which always work despite not actually sounding like how anyone would talk ever. He rarely ever calls people by their names, just "sweet thing" or similar.
    His characterization is absurdly inconsistent and as a result he comes off as someone not worth being invested into. He can also have a personnal demonic slave, just for a lark. This is the GOOD guy. Personal slave. Sex slave, at that. He doesn't even have the option to make use of her in any way being sex.

The girls/the grind:
    Very samey. You approach girl, you click the one button that gives love, you get info dumped whatever happened, +2 love. Then you passtime to the same time, then do it again. Same message 100%. He's having 100% identical dates with every girl like 5-7 times per level. No new content until you hit the arbitary number of repeats. Why not just have me instantly go to the next tier, rather then rereading the same stuff, if unique or even varied diologue on repeats isn't being written?
    As mentioned above, he talks to every girl, even slaves, as if they're all the same person. He also fucks them as if they're all the same person. First they suck your dick, then you fuck them. They all react the same way. Your dick is big, its salty. UwU.
    They also all fall into very similar personality archetypes and almost all have the exact same body proportions. And don't expect any variety like the mom/daughter in the inn to give a threesome or anything fun like that; basically any pair of characters just has one of them not be a real character you can meaningfully interact with.

The combat:
    Bad. You just mash attack. Stats good enough, you win. You have skills. Melee, magic, etc. But for some reason they pretty much universally do barely if at all more damage than basic attacks. And energy constantly gets raped by the map, so you often can't afford to use skills unless you're using items or something, but why bother? Just click attack some more.
    Lol, dev even said you should be able to tell the combat is bad via the images and it being text based justifies it. Ie they didn't even try. Why even have combat then? What a game.

The world:
    Worst part of the game and why its a 2 and not a 3. It takes so long to get anywhere. You have like 3 different towns but then like a single inn is nearly the size of one of those towns. 99.9% of the inn is empty. 99.9% of the game is empty. You click past so many empty tiles to get around. Say you want to go to the slave pits to remind yourself the MC is in fact not a hero, despite the game constantly insisting he is. And you're in the (pointless) castle. You click out your room, then through the next room that's like 14 clicks, then about 7 more to the left, then up, then a carriage, then 'the first town', then maybe 30 tiles through that, then shortcut to the orc camp, then maybe 10 more clicks to get to the pens, then pass time for them to be open, all so you can see scenes that play out the same as any other despite these being literal sex slaves that the orcs apparently just rape all day.
    And this is the fast way to travel a short distance. This has shortcuts. 2 were used.
    The game needs a teleport spell or similar.
    Or for the castle you get with the like 30 different empty rooms to put girls into them. And also mark which rooms have ANYTHING in them, because right now a room with someone in them and one without looks the same.

And final note, the pregnancy:
    Like maybe 3-4 girls can be preggo despite one of the first options you make in the game being virility. If that's what you're here for, you'll be disappointed. Same with affection in general. You meet girl, repeat the same action, she sucks your dick, you spam a new option, you fuck, end of content.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Crestrial

It's a good game. Plenty of content, plenty of girls, RPG mechanics, and there's plenty to explore. The story is structured well. I really like RPG games like this.

It's right up my alley but there's just some things that irk me:
    1) The spelling and grammar is not great. For a text based game this is like one of the greatest sins you could commit.

2) The approach to girls felt so damn formulaic. First, the MC tells them they are beautiful and kind (and it works EVERY time). Then you grind up love points, you get a oral/boobjob scene with a "OH MY GOD YOUR COCK IS SO BIG FOR A HUMAN". Then you grind up more, you get vaginal. They also almost always go "wow I love men who are so direct" or "*BLUSHES FURIOUSLY THEN STUTTERS*". They feel extremely one-dimensional and have very samey personalities. Speaking of which...

3) The MC is a one-dimensional jackass. I really really really despise the character you play as. This guy is the type to always takes his shoes off at the door, will white knight for everyone remotely female if he had internet access, and would play Fable without EVER committing a single bad deed even on his 2nd playthrough. This fucking guy is a predictable goody two shoe piece of shit and I fucking HATE HIS GUTS. Every single time it's "hello beautiful you are the most kind and sincere woman I ever met. Why yes I will give you a bunch of gold and/or solve every single one of your problems thus stripping you of all independence and responsibilities because I love to be a fucking fairy tale prince simp." Christ almighty what an insufferable douche bag.

So anyways, yeah. Not much in the way for character development in this game, but besides all that it's pretty good.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Al Gore

Love and Corruption is a game that immediately resembles Corruption of Champions 2 in terms of UI, setting, and gameplay, minus the wide array of same-sex and fetish content that CoC has. By contrast, this is a game strictly for vanilla heterosexuals, which works for me but obviously not for everybody.

The combat is pretty good and includes sex much like CoC, but if you're anything like me you'll be disappointed by the limited character creation and class specialization options.

The dev has also taken a similar approach to CoC 2 story building with lots of text to varying degrees of success. The art is good and characters are fine, but the MC is pretty predetermined which makes you feel less attached to the story imo, but that's just a personal gripe. Overall the game is in a respectable state.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Asia Argento

First of all, I have to admit that I have gotten to know the dev personally over 2023 and he is "the penultimate bro". So with that out of the way...

L+C is a text based game with pictures to give you an idea from time to time about who you are talking to and whats going on, much like some other text based games you know of. What seperates L+C from other Text based games is the level of WHOLESOME that is in this game. There is a stunning and pleasantly surprising level of romance and care given to interactions between you and your expanding harem of whats what within the monster girl-verse. No picking some rando up from a station and asking "when sex" until you get it or doing a quest that can get you raped like another similar game. You meet, you talk, you do a quest, maybe two and you talk to them. Get to know them. Learn about them, what makes them tick and then you prove yourself to them and you get a relationship. Not a polyam fuckfest, but a genuine relationship and this... is what makes L+C magical. You can have your polyam fuckfests, but for me... I will take Airell's wholesome spin on things. Its a refreshing twist and something different. I hope people give a chance. I am a proud patron and been donating for over a year. No regrets.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

GoldenEyeDrake

I am making this post as of version 0.3.2:

As a person, who has played this game close to the beginning and experienced nearly all of the available content, Love and Corruption has come a very long way, and I am happy to see the transformation before my eyes.

However, what makes Love and Corruption unique is the major emphasis on the romance/family building/pregnancy elements. If you wondering, no, Love and Corruption doesn't contain incest or any other taboo kinks (rape, NTR, shota, futa, loli, etc. Read more in the genre section) that are seemingly rampant in games like CoC2. If anything, Love and Corruption is the wholesome, humbled woman that your mother favors heavily for you to marry and give her lots of grandchildren.
    The romance in this game is honestly one of the better love stories I've come across on this site. Many of the LIs (20+ within in the game at the moment) have very detailed characterizations that separate from themselves from one another. If you're curious, no, none of the ladies are forced onto you. You pick and choose who to make your woman. You can choose to have only one or a whole harem (like me lol).
    For example: Eileen and Belle are a human farm girl and Tauran woman, respectively, who you save their farm from being occupied by corrupt orcs. In the aftermath, as you spend more and more time with the both, they gradually develop not only feelings for you, but resentment towards another (more so Belle) as they don't initially wish to share you. Belle was sold into slavery by her unstable family at a early age, which caused her to become somewhat overly-possessive of you as her love for you grows, because she is heavily battling with abandonment issues, and her jealousy of Eileen's stable upbringing. There's even certain dialogue that triggers Belle to look at Eileen with hatred, if you favor Eileen more during a threesome between the two, or if you decide to sleep in Eileen's bed for the night as opposed to Belle. Despite this, Belle knows Eileen and her family always treated her with respect and pushed her to be apart of their family moments, as well as Belle acknowledging how much Eileen truly loves you. Granted not every LI's storyline is this developed, as this game is still in its infancy stages, but there are many options to choose from, some who you can even build a family with.

The pregnancy/family building in this game, at the moment is only accessed to a few characters, but I would argue it is the most detailed of any game on this site that associates with this tag. You don't have to wait til endgame to MAYBE see your girl(s) pregnant with your child, instead you have to abide by the LI's fertility cycle once you have a high enough relationship status with the character. There's outfit. dialogue, interaction, and even sex artwork changes once said female is pregnant. After the baby is delivered, they don't become a nameless person thrown into a nursery, but instead another person on the map to bond with and specifically watch grow before you very eyes. What's better is you can have multiple children, and they themselves possess different personalities from another, and very rarely interact with the map. It's honestly refreshing.
    Love and Corruption offers a very good amount of side content, outside of the main and the pregnancy/romance storylines. Additionally, some options are more developed than others, which include but not limited to battling in arenas, castle renovations, guild quests, romance missions, base defense, capturing/bonding/selling slaves, etc). Many of these options provide good money and other useful rewards, which have become more consistent and diverse in obtaining since I started playing.
    Another plus, is that the artwork is distinctive and congruent with the character appearances both in visuals and in text. Also, characters will even notice and make comment on certain armor items you have equipped in conversations. Additionally, numerous sex scenes within the game have artwork associated with them which is a nice touch in my opinion.

Lastly, but certainly not least in the positive category, the developer Airell, is an extremely dedicated individual to this project, as he is almost always in the comment section addressing concerns, playing tech support, and frankly a good time with his audience. His updates are very consistent and submits a fair amount of content/bug fixes and sometimes even reworks within them. He genuinely tries to appease to the many facets of his community by making sure his earlier LI creations get a good amount of shine in future updates, unlike many games on this site that have too many options for the MC for their own good without meaningful character development.

Now, the only complaints, I really have with Love and Corruption is that there still some issues with incorrect pronoun usage and highlighting the wrong sentences as statements from characters inside the story (for instance, the expressions are ALWAYS color-coded, while the narration is always white, but sometimes you might see a character speak a sentence, but it's white, and the only way you could tell it was them talking was by certain words clarifying as "_______ coldly expressed"). This sometimes break immersion while reading, but it's uncommon enough to not be bothered by. These two problems used to be far more infested in the earlier versions of the game, but Airell has gotten better as fixing them, so I won't hold it against him.
    Finally, if your a CoC2 refugee like me, or a newcomer to the genre in general, I wholeheartedly endorse Love and Corruption and Airell as a game developer to at least give a few hours of your time to experiment with this game. Thank you for your time reading this and enjoy the rest of your day.

Sidenote: Two things I would really love to see more of in this game are more optional objectives within missions, that not only have consequences reflective on yourself, but your environment as a whole, whether good or bad. Also, more artwork. I really enjoy seeing how different and yet similar many members of the same race are presented, especially for your kids. The recent addition of Ruby hugging you, while Lisbeth is watching you in the background just smiling is the definition of wholesome to me.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Zeph3r

Pretty vanilla game that's pretty good overall. Pretty large cast of characters with some having pretty decent development, with a pretty heavy focus on love. Game is not particularly grindy either. Good game overall if you're looking for something simple.

Only con I have is with regards to the MC's personality, though that's more of a personal preference. The MC has got a "shounen protagonist" type personality, where they value "honor and dignity" to the point that they will not kill anyone who has not been corrupted (essentially can't be "saved"). To be fair, defeat lines make average enemies a bit corny/cartoon villain like so you don't feel as bad about letting them go. Also, not killing everyone on sight definitely helps when fully consensual sex is on offer post battle. I just have a personal ick with it and thought I should mention it since I've noticed quite a few people have similar opinions on this type of personality.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

johnisonos

I really like the characters and the story, it's pretty unique. The art style is great and right up my alley as well.

The thing keeping me from 5 stars is that there are a lot of grammar and spelling issues, which is a big deal since this is a text based game.

But overall I enjoyed playing!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

fuckyouformakingmeregistr

fantastic story with hours of content to enjoy, pregnancy is always a + dev is SUPER active and actively looks for and listens to his community. 100% worth a go. go join his discord to see him in action.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2553135

One of the few HTML/text based games that I have played, but it was enjoyable and is a good game.

Characters: There is a wide caste of characters of various races, and the majority of them are great. The main 3 girls are cute.

Story: Nothing groundbreaking but serves its purpose well.

Writing: There are a few mistakes here and there, but the grammar overall is pretty good. Some of the writing can drag on, but most of it continues the scene well.

Renders: There are a few for some of the main LI and they are rendered well. Wish there was more.

RPG Mechanics: The battles go fast and grinding is not needed.

Pregnancy: This is probably the best game I have seen on the site that deals with pregnancy and raising children. The dev has done a really good job here.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4954182

To begin with, I've played plenty of text-based games like ZORK, COC, and TiTS, and I'm glad that I stumbled upon “Love and Corruption. “

PRO:
    1. The art style is magnifiqué – I love Anshiin's art!
    2. Unlike COC or TiTS, LaC is pretty Vanilla – no disguised dick girls, just monster girls, harem, pregnancy, etc.
    3. The plot is okayish… and there's a diverse cast of characters.
    4. You can tell Airell puts his Love and Passion into it and takes feedback seriously – probs to that!

CONTRA:
    1. The grammar and tenses are a mess! It took me nearly an hour to get through and comprehend the tutorial – the constant mix of present and past tense disturbs the reading flow. Besides the “tense-switching,” there are numerous grammatical errors that need to be addressed. That's a no-no!

2. A wall of text! Yes, LaC is a text-based game, but starting with the tutorial, you're hit with a wall of text – some text is redundant and needs to be shortened and restructured. It's not about the quantity of text you put in a text-based game, but the quality – can you convey the game's message, plot, etc., or not. Occasionally, less is better.

3. Someone mentioned that, but the MC doesn't have a static personality. Depending on the scenes, his nature toward certain characters switches between hate and love almost instantly – which is “immersion-breaking.” Give characters a fixed personality and stick to it.

CONCLUSION:
    “Love and Corruption” doesn’t deserve just ONE, but neither FIVE stars – that's why I'm going with the golden middle. So, three stars it is. Piece of advice to Airell: Get someone to look at your writing – I can tell you're not an English native speaker. It doesn't matter if they are a professional editor, but you won't expand your writing if people don't point out your mistakes. In the future, if you get the funding you need, get a professional editor. Moreover, rewrite and restructure your tutorial – the first section of the game will decide if people play or drop the game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

SoulsSurvivor

I was considering giving this a 3 because overall it is pretty good, but it is just coc without some of the worse fetishes that game offers and really shines light on the bad parts of this game. The absolute worst being the writing. Seeing as this a text based game, the bad writing is very apparent. It reads like the dev doesn't speak English natively and has maybe 2 years experience with speaking it. Grammar and spelling errors are in abundance in this game, and the writing would be bad even if it was written by a native speaker. The dialogue is stiff and doesn't feel natural, characters' personalities change scene to scene, especially the mc. One moment he gives off the vibe of disliking or outright hating his elf companion and a scene later he flirts with her. Gameplay is simple, if you played coc or any game like it before you've played this. Sex scenes suffer from the poor writing and the dev has thing where he writes actions like *thrusts dick inside* which is absolutely awful for smut. I would suggest just skipping this one until the dev gets an editor, an actual editor mind you not just some random fan with less English experience than the dev, and wait for the dev to get better at writing in general.
    Edit: For posterity I will leave my previous thoughts so people know how far this game has come. The writing has had a significant improvement which was a huge issue previously and no longer has things like *insert dick inside* and characters like MC are far more consistent in how they act. The dev has very clearly attempted their best at addressing issues over the year since I last reviewed and deserves support in at least some way. The only thing stopping this from being a full five stars for me is I can't breed the inn milf. Once I can put like 5 babies in her I will update to full five.
    Closing notes; Dev pls.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.1.10
    This is a text based porn game where you play as a young man whose father is killed and home town is sacked by demons. Taken in by the elves and set on a quest towards stopping the evil demons who are out to corrupt the land.

It is basically a CoC2 clone, but vanilla.
    Same GUI, same map style, similar combat style.
    But unlike CoC there is no rape, no futa, no furry, no gay, no trans, etc etc. Sounds wonderful.

Also the bust art is fantastic as well, very cute girls. Each with two images (clothed and naked)

The problem is that the writer's English is atrociously bad. Which is a really big problem in a text game.
    It is hard to tell if they are using a translation software here. Some of the mistakes look like only a human would make them. On the other hand there are consistent he / she mixups that are endemic in machine translation.
    Unfortunately I am just forced to lower my score because of this, as this is a text game.

If they get an editor who knows what they are doing I will raise the score. As it is, it is just painful to try to parse this.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

WinterDecorum

Very good take on the corruption of champions genre, it has a decent amount of content at this point. Combat is still a little difficult without doing a lot of prepping/rng in some cases but for the most part its pretty easy to keep going.