LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
1. stan has a good taste (when della isn't around but sluggo was brave when he oggled doc's ass while marah was just there).
2. Dimitri57 maybe this is fixed too.

View attachment 3572674 View attachment 3572675
I'm confused are you saying it needs fixing.
Why what about it needs fixing? just because he used "Dee and I" instead of "Dee and me" or "me and Dee?.
I see no reasoon to change it if thats the way OBD thinks Stan would say it.
So I disagree if thats the only reason there's nothing to fix.

If a story is writen in a region dialect or localism or just the way an Imagined charater would speak.
Example: JD would make no fekin sense if he spoke perfect queens english.
And the story wouldn't be what it is if they all spoke perfect English.
It would only need to be rewritten if it made no sense at all.
No it may look odd I grant you but it doesn't make it a Typo and it still makes sense.

Just sayin.

Ok Cxx your right Where as opposed to were yes thats a Typo and now I'm nolonger confused.
Couple of sujestions.
"Son I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and I were the best years of my life!"
personally and because its the way my mind read it in the first place.
And why I didn't notice the "Where" Typo my personal choice.
"Son I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and I, best years of my life!"

Last edited:
Reactions: A.M.R.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
1. stan has a good taste (when della isn't around but sluggo was brave when he oggled doc's ass while marah was just there).
2. Dimitri57 maybe this is fixed too.

View attachment 3572674 View attachment 3572675
The where/were is corrected in the Hotfix.

Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and me were the best years of my life!
Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and I were the best years of my life!

What's interesting about the I/me is the forum's embedded grammar check doesn't flag it either way. Neither did the grammar program I run the script though. :unsure:

Who the fuck knows? :rolleyes:

I think it well established that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit.... :ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I think it well established that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit.... :ROFLMAO:
Although, I could make a fool out of myself:LOL::geek::
I think it is well established that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit....

/E: I'm sure that one thing that would work well in to deceive others, so they ignore the spelling and grammar issue: Divert them with the female cast - in the best case, provokingly dressed or even less.:sneaky:

Last edited:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and me were the best years of my life!
Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and I were the best years of my life!
Is that comma after “Dee” in the fix? Because that’s a mistake.

What's interesting about the I/me is the forum's embedded grammar check doesn't flag it either way. Neither did the grammar program I run the script though. :unsure:

According to the rulebooks, it should be “Dee and me.” You say, “She lives with me,” not “She lives with I.” That being said, as others have pointed out, it’s perfectly valid to have characters use “incorrect” grammar. Plenty of people hypercorrect to “X and I” because they had that construction drilled into their heads in school.

Although, I could make a fool out of myself:LOL::geek::
I think it is well established that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit....
That’s not a mistake. I found a post that covers it; essentially, “strange” is an attributive adjective modifying the direct object (“that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit”), akin to a construction such as, “I find him strange,” except that, since the object is a subordinate clause, it has to be replaced by a dummy subject (“it”). Or:
  • “I find [him] [strange],” has the same construction as,
  • “I think [that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit] [well established],” but this sounds confusing, so we change it to,
  • “I think [it (= sub. clause)] [well established] {that spelling and grammar are not my strong suit},” inserting a dummy subject and moving the subordinate clause to the end.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The where/were is corrected in the Hotfix.

Take out the "Dee, and" and read the sentence. If it works, it's correct; if it doesn't, it isn't (this is how I was taught).

The grammatically correct wording is "Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and me were the best years of my life!"

Now, it DOES need for the comma after "Dee" to go away, as such: Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and me were the best years of my life!"

If you still want to indicate a vocal pause after "me", use an ellipsis: "Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and me...were the best years of my life!" Though, I don't think this is needed.

Here endeth today's grammar lesson. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dimitri57

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Take out the "Dee, and" and read the sentence. If it works, it's correct; if it doesn't, it isn't (this is how I was taught).

The grammatically correct wording is "Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee, and me were the best years of my life!"

Now, it DOES need for the comma after "Dee" to go away, as such: Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and me were the best years of my life!"

If you still want to indicate a vocal pause after "me", use an ellipsis: "Son, I tell you, the years she lived with Dee and me...were the best years of my life!" Though, I don't think this is needed.

Here endeth today's grammar lesson. ;)
I choose to believe he is also some who subscribes to the idea of the Walken comma. That is to say, it's not entirely dissimilar to the Oxford comma, and is generally used to denote a pause, but not quite as strong as a semicolon or, like in your example, an ellipsis.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I choose to believe he is also some who subscribes to the idea of the Walken comma. That is to say, it's not entirely dissimilar to the Oxford comma, and is generally used to denote a pause, but not quite as strong as a semicolon or, like in your example, an ellipsis.
Is there a Shatner comma? :D

• Haha
Reactions: SpatulaPie

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
This may be off topic from the titillating grammar lesson, :rolleyes: but one of my claims to fame is sharing a birthday with Christopher Walken and Angus Young of ACDC... :cool: (y)

4.40 star(s) 123 Votes