PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Nah. Inno said the comments were disabled, because they/them didn't want to deal with the negative feedback over the delays. They promised the comments section would be given back after a few days, a lie I immediately saw through and called out everywhere to the response of once again being told I'm imagining things, only to be right.

I don't care to argue about it, but I'm not about to let Inno's lying propagandists distort history in Inno's favor.
The irony that contradicts the defenses I've seen, is that Inno itself was one of the slur flingers in the comments section.
So don't try to frame it like everyone is just victimizing poor little Inno; Inno stirred the pot of the comments section many times, instead of spending the time working on the game.

Last edited:

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
*swears* What have i said about fragile code? It just stopped working (Can't start a new game). Saying that Nashorn can't call getter function, although it is there. And i've changed no code so far. Good luck debugging for me.
I've made it, finally! It was my fault - restriction over the java module system.
Link:

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
don't rush it, there some bugs left
Just got to hack left and right buttons get to work, at least it's minimally playable now. That's all for today.
Tomorrow i'll be working on mods (make them loadable from data/mods, not just budled in res/mods archive, make sure they can interact as designed).
Please check regularly github page for further updates, i will not post announcements here anymore.

Drakstar

Jan 9, 2018
Even story plot (leaving just the engine) but not so sure, as you all may like original story.
i personally enjoyed the story or at least the bits i seen, if you do decide to add the story do it after most or all the basic systems are done though, wouldn't want it to get in the way of other more important to most ppl stuff. could throw in some fan mini story's though :unsure:

Reactions: Simplehusky242

FloatingMarsh

Jun 29, 2021
Just got to hack left and right buttons get to work, at least it's minimally playable now. That's all for today.
Tomorrow i'll be working on mods (make them loadable from data/mods, not just budled in res/mods archive, make sure they can interact as designed).
Please check regularly github page for further updates, i will not post announcements here anymore.
14a.jpg

Reactions: D4n0w4r

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
will try WSL
don't rush it, there some bugs left
I didn't listen and I regret it. Somehow I missed that javafx got dropped from the official arch repo and compiling it from source nearly killed my computer. Thing has over 4000 C++ objects to compile and my processor tapped out about a quarter of the way through after several hours. Made me apologize to rustc for whining about it's speed. Then I found out there was a prebuilt bin and I got more pissed than a man with a bladder infection trying to have sex. That was before attempting to build and gradle throwing an error for modifying a immutable variable, specifically line 076. I could post an issue with a stack trace if you'd like.

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Somehow I missed that javafx got dropped from the official arch repo
Plugin `id("org.openjfx.javafxplugin")` should do the work as maven repo should have prebuilt binaries for win, linux & mac
That was before attempting to build and gradle throwing an error for modifying a immutable variable, specifically line 076
Ah, you've run into "property assignment" which was unsupported, i've made an update but you should use gradle wrapper version (8.6 for now)

Hmm, I really should test linux packaging.

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Sorry to ask, but what features does it have?
I'd say it still is more buggy as not fully tested and there's mods use problem, but should have all content for Inno's 0.4.9 version - from the user perspective.
From the developer perspective: running java 21 (not the old 8) and is modularized (jpms), can be packaged as installer (no console window) and jlink-ed to not bundle all the jre. i have revorked to use java nio meaning to run fully in jar and not creating `data` folder (my version created it at user home directory, not along executable), but failed, as it being jpackaged cannot access files in jar in module (`jrt:`) I'm workin for now to load mods from archive and data folder (to just drop mods there and they could just work).
I'm planning to rewrite code fully (should reduce by amount), get rid of javafx and webview, and javascript, also both game and mods to rewrite using Kotlin (instead of both JS and XML).
As a result it should be (in the future) a lot(!) faster, smaller, less buggy, extensible (easily extensible) and fully customizable, but having all the features LT has now
(I suspect the dearest Innoxia has some trouble to continue developing not just because of personal issues, but with the whole game inner architecture) So I intervene here :)

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I'd say it still is more buggy as not fully tested and there's mods use problem, but should have all content for Inno's 0.4.9 version - from the user perspective.
From the developer perspective: running java 21 (not the old 8) and is modularized (jpms), can be packaged as installer (no console window) and jlink-ed to not bundle all the jre. i have revorked to use java nio meaning to run fully in jar and not creating `data` folder (my version created it at user home directory, not along executable), but failed, as it being jpackaged cannot access files in jar in module (`jrt:`) I'm workin for now to load mods from archive and data folder (to just drop mods there and they could just work).
In other words, Java finally got features that other platforms like C++ had for years.
I know you said this was buggy but hot damn.

1: Mousing over literally any button returns an null exception error. Seemingly harmless.
2: The context popups stay until another button is moused over or until anywhere else is clicked. This blocks some elements such as the personality options.
3: Using the keyboard did not update the screen until I clicked. Last instance when I tapped the /1/ key repeatedly the next screen my male character "Unknown" was being fingered by Alexandria. The main menu, inventory, phone, and my character profile were all unresponsive. Used escape to return to the main menu and start a new game.
4: The first turn of combat can fail to show the opponent's stats.
5: Got this funky screen when approaching the bank -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm guessing that's due to all the non-hardcoded content being removed.
6: Got a similar error when meeting the shady dealer in the alleyway, confirming my suspicions.

And that's all after playing just past the prologue. Still, willing to wait a bit while more pertinent tasks are handled.

Reactions: Sant3224

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
In other words, Java finally got features that other platforms like C++ had for years.
So I plan to move to Kotlin but first I should compact all of this spaghetti code.
That's surely not easy when I'm not the original developer, and so i'm many places where the dearest Inno is making presupmtions try{}catch{Syste.err.prinltn} "oh, exception, lets pretend that nothing happened really" I just rethrow an exception so game may be unplayable now but now you can see why and I'll be expecting why. Again, with the original architecture, "if you've fixed that particular bug, please inspect 10 000 more similar places" is killing me.
Again why I'm moving to Kotlin is nullables - then i will have no presume that object anytime will be present - intentionally or not - and correct the game behaviour. Another plus is refactoring - in java i have no trick "we have no such method, but lets add a fake then refactor normally" - so i java i have to run thoroughly run all 1000 places to fix when in Kotlin i just write new fake extension function then make it "inline" refactor everywhere tp get desirable effect.
finally, i have here natural bulk functions instead of handmade java-streams - no 10000 rewrites either.
And the last: data is a code too (take a look on Gradle philosophy) so we don't need (no) JS engines, xml pasrsing and so on - just compile and run codable data.
That's my goal.

4.10 star(s) 118 Votes