Unity Light-Space Love - Repopulation Colony: Deep 69 (Sci-Fi RPG) [Development Thread]

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
Loving the new stuff. This game has a lot of potential, caught my attention instantly when I played v0.2. Not trying to rush you or anything like that, but when do you think this new version will be uploaded?
I appreciate it, glad you're enjoying it!

I'm aiming for a week after testing starts, so hopefully the 31st!

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
7/21 - Devlog Update

Hey, Halftilt here with just a quick update!

We've officially begun our testing phase for version 0.42, our upcoming release.
The changelog for what's new is here:

I'm also currently working on getting the Android version up and running -- I've been running into a few issues, mostly related to reading files and UI scaling.
Hopefully, the changes I'll need to make aren't too drastic and version 0.42 can be released on Android too. But, if it's a lot more involved than I hope, then versions 0.43 and onward will be on Android.

I've also updated the version on our itch.io to version 0.41, if you want to check it out there!

I'll be posting an update soon detailing what's planned for version 0.43.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
7/28 - Devlog Update - Planned Changes for Episode 1, Part 3 (v.0.43)

Hey there, just wanted to share with you some of the planned changes I’ve got planned for our next update.

So, for this next version most of the largest changes are coming to Diplomacy and adding a new planet to continue the main mission-line and getting the Android version up and running.

In this next update, we’ll be able to visit Ukka'Kizz, the homeworld of the Gro’n Ska’Li – they’re a race of fierce combatants that place a high emphasis on martial expertise. In this, Linessa can enter their tournament, which is held year-round, an event primarily made for training new martial practitioners both off and on-world.

With the addition of a new world, I’ll be adding a new game over scene, here’s a teaser of some of its artwork:

lizardman_final.png

It’ll function very similarly to the game over scene that’s currently playable in the Kardassimin Prison; and most of the game overs will follow that same playstyle – though the situation that she finds herself in will be different for each world.

Other than that, I’ve got some big changes coming to Diplomacy. I’ll be updating the UI so it looks a lot cleaner. Also, trying to test Diplomacy on mobile’s been a pain – the buttons are just too small!

So, the entire UI is getting a re-work and with that re-work, I’ll be adding in some new animations which I’m pretty excited about! I’ve been working with LawfulSock on getting these animations for different poses – here’s one:

choosing_diplo.gif

The way I plan on implementing it, is during your turn, while you’re selecting an ability, Linessa’s stance will change to one of a handful of looping animations that relate to the action you’re about to do. The animation above is her deciding which Diplomatic approach she’ll take to convince her enemy – with a lewd variation and default variation animation coming as well.

The UI is also getting an update so it looks like she’s checking out this list of abilities; which should be more prominently displayed during your turn.

Other than that, I’ll be updating some fonts to be more readable, adding a combat log for you to scroll through and implementing the first position to the sex positions system – the handjob position which I’ve teased earlier.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
8/5 - Devlog Update - Episode 1, Part 3 (v.0.43) Cont’d

I have a few more changes coming to Diplomacy during this update – mostly related to replacing cut-ins.

So, most – if not all – of the cut-ins that are currently in place whenever you use a sex ability or an enemy targets you with one are meant to be placeholders until the sex/positions system is fully implemented.

There’s also a few abilities that are going to fall outside of sex positions like groping, teasing, etc., and working with Lawfulsock and iron_curtainz, I’ve been able to get animations to replace those – just so we have something a little more flavorful.
butt_coom.gif boobs_clothed_coom.gif
butt_finger.png

Other than that, some not so great news -- my laptop is slowly reaching the end of its life, it's the device I've been primarily doing all of my development on and I've had for about 7 years, so it had a good run.

What that means is, this next release is likely going to be delayed, as I decided I'll be building my first desktop to replace my laptop. I've already got the game backed up, and most of the pieces for my PC picked out -- I should place an order sometime within the next few days and hopefully, I'll be back to working on Light-Space Love by the end of next week.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
8/17 - Devlog Update

I got a short update today, since I'm still rebuilding my PC – it took a little longer than I expected to get some of the pieces for my PC (my CPU came broken in the mail!) so I’ll hopefully be building it next weekend as I wait for that return and some new pieces to come in.

Other than that, I am still doing a small amount of work on the game on my laptop, mostly changes to small things like some planned changes I have for stealth to make it less punishing. I’ll be making a change that the stealth checks will get easier for every enemy on the map that you’ve defeated, instead of a high skill check being constant regardless of how many enemies are on the map, it will scale with each enemy remaining so you’re rewarded for each enemy you defeat.

Right now most of the work I’m doing is related to writing, since that can be done without having to open the editor. I’m not going to spoil much, but this new planet will have a section which will require Linessa to wear a new outfit – specifically a stripper outfit, and it’s looking really raunchy. I’ll be posting teasers for that in the future.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
8/24 - Devlog Update

Hey there, still doing some work on LSL, right now just doing some UI changes and a bit of re-factoring when I’m not writing the story stuff.
I think I’ll be changing how we navigate the ship this update too, just to give it a bit more flavor instead of it just being a plain list of destinations.
new_world_map.PNG
If you guys like this, I might do the same for other planets' world maps in a future update.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
8/31 - Devlog Update

I’m starting to work on my planned changes to Diplomacy, currently I’m adding in the animations and changing up the layout.

Since this update is going to bring some pretty big changes to Diplomacy, the way it looks and plays is going to change up in a big way. Here’s a GIF of what the new screen may look like when picking out a lewd skill – forgive the “crispiness” of the GIF, the quality on my screen-recording software ain't the best.
wip_anim_gif.gif

Just to give you an idea of what you’re currently looking at means – you’ll still need to get your Indecency to certain milestones to gain access to certain skills (like Blowjob, Handjob, etc.), but in combat, Linessa’s L.U.S.T. will need to reach a certain threshold for her to have the Desire to use those skills. At the bottom left, you’ll see that she has a list of “Desires,” once you unlock that Desire, she’ll be able to use it freely in an encounter – but enemies will be able to use them freely against her too!

For example, her L.U.S.T. will need to reach 40 before she’s willing to give an enemy a blowjob – but once she meets this threshold at any point in an encounter, she’ll be able to use that skill, regardless of how much L.U.S.T. she has; and the same goes for her enemies.

And to make things a bit more strategic, some skills will now use her Energy, and some will use her L.U.S.T. too – I’ll also be introducing cooldowns as well; so you won’t be able to just spam your healing abilities to be effectively undefeatable.

fgv2

Mar 22, 2019
These diplomacy changes look great. Diplomacy has felt pretty tedious so far with healing almost always being the optimal use of a turn. Limiting healing should help make getting grappled properly punishing, as your success in diplomacy used to depend solely on your defense but now offense should be important too. I also like desires unlocking for the rest of the combat. That's a much more intuitive way (compared to other games) to cause the effect of making L.U.S.T. suppression less effective at higher L.U.S.T.

Does L.U.S.T. have a purpose aside from unlocking desires?

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
These diplomacy changes look great. Diplomacy has felt pretty tedious so far with healing almost always being the optimal use of a turn. Limiting healing should help make getting grappled properly punishing, as your success in diplomacy used to depend solely on your defense but now offense should be important too. I also like desires unlocking for the rest of the combat. That's a much more intuitive way (compared to other games) to cause the effect of making L.U.S.T. suppression less effective at higher L.U.S.T.

Does L.U.S.T. have a purpose aside from unlocking desires?
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the direction things are going with Diplomacy as well; it should be a much more strategic system now.

Yeah, I plan on making some skills cost L.U.S.T. to use, which should make storing L.U.S.T. to unlock Desires a less obvious choice. I'm also debating whether or not to keep the current multiplier it has on Pleasure damage with these changes.

Jun 7, 2020
I've readed the last devlogs but I haven't written much about it sorry but its AMAZING!, the animations are cool, love that one like waiting, Im excited to see what will u do in the future :7

• Red Heart
Reactions: halftilt

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
I've readed the last devlogs but I haven't written much about it sorry but its AMAZING!, the animations are cool, love that one like waiting, Im excited to see what will u do in the future :7
Glad you like 'em! I'm pretty excited too seeing the artwork get animated -- LawfulSock's been great to work with.

If you're interested in seeing them in game, I got a short gif of them here -- still a rough draft, jank UI elements and all, but we're getting there!
draft_anims.gif

PJuggern4ut77

Dec 3, 2022
Glad you like 'em! I'm pretty excited too seeing the artwork get animated -- LawfulSock's been great to work with.

If you're interested in seeing them in game, I got a short gif of them here -- still a rough draft, jank UI elements and all, but we're getting there!
View attachment 2909588
Don't worry Half, take your time, if it means theses animations getting even better, it'll be worth the wait

• Red Heart

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017

View attachment 2909588
Very nice, can't wait to see more of the combat sex mechanics. Love how the top shows just enough to be titillating.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
9/21 - Devlog Update

I’m still working on the Diplomacy revamp – I’m getting pretty close to finishing everything up – all that I’ve got left is handling enemy turns, adding in the sex positions and new cut-in animations, then I just need to pretty things up in the new encounter screen.

I’ve also added in some new status effects that can be randomly assigned to enemies that you run into to spice up combat a bit – here’s a few examples of some. And, given that they’re in an editable file, you could change these up or add in your own status effects!

status_updates.png

Other than that, I’ve updated the roadmap since it was outdated as I moved things around and some things are now coming earlier than I had anticipated. I also removed the Pixel Navigation (for now) as I may use the Pixel Navigation for a specific planet instead.

Reactions: PJuggern4ut77

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
9/28 - Devlog Update

I just finished up the animation and sex-system integration for Diplomacy – all that’s left is some simple stuff, such as cleaning up the UI, changing some of the timing for more smooth animation transitions and adding some screen effects – then it’s just a matter of adding in the rewards for completing an encounter then that should be it for Diplomacy.

buttgif.gif
itch_position_gif.gif

Next I’ll be working on mobile support.

I’ll probably release a “half” testing version following the Diplomacy changes and mobile support configurations just to get some early testing on that as soon as possible since those are some of the biggest changes coming this update.

As for what’s left after that, it’s just going to be plugging in all the dialogue for the new planet and the new locations, once I start work on that, I should have a release date.

Other than that, I’m pretty hyped to add support for an “Arcade” mode for Light-Space Love. And what’s the arcade?

arcade_2.png

The idea behind it is, if you want to just hop on and play a mini-game or start an encounter, you can fire up the arcade and start a scenario of your choice.

I’ll be adding in some separate rewards for the arcade too, which probably won’t make this release. I plan on making the mini-games unlockable with points you can earn in the arcade – or you can unlock the arcade game by playing the main story itself.

I’ll also be adding some customizations in arcade mode, such as allowing you to set how “slutty” you want Linessa to be, which skills you want to have unlocked and her level of undress in the arcade.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
10/13- Devlog Update

Got a short update today -- pretty excited to say that I'll be starting testing for the Android version and Diplomacy revamp in the next few days! I added the changes here:

These notes don't include what will be added once the new planet has been added.

I just want to get as much testing on the mobile and diplomacy revamp as possible since these include some pretty big changes. The new planet stuff should be relatively stable since it's primarily new scenes, encounters, dialogue, characters and missions.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
Just a quick update -- I've made version 0.42 (Episode 1, Part 2) publicly available for non-subscribers!
I've started testing for some of the new features, so I've made the latest version public for everyone.

I'm hoping to finish all testing in early November so I can start releasing the newest version 0.43 (Episode 1, Part 3) for subscribers in early November.

The latest public version can be found here: