Unity Light-Space Love - Repopulation Colony: Deep 69 (Sci-Fi RPG) [Development Thread]

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
banner7.png
Hailing Frequencies Open: Welcome aboard Repopulation Colony: Deep 69, cadet!
What is Light-Space Love?

Light-Space Love
is a lewd dialogue-driven Sci-Fi space adventure that loves its Sci-Fi roots and embraces an optimistic view of the future. While the character’s within the world take their situation very seriously, the story Universe is very light-hearted and the characters won’t rely on violence, instead charm, wit and sensuality take center stage as conflicts are often solved with words or through more “intimate” methods.

Light-Space Love focuses on using non-violent means to defeat your adversaries. Using words instead of weapons -- or if you choose to take your character down the path of corruption, she can solve her problems through more "sensual" approaches.

Light-Space Love focuses on Linessa Star, the Captain of Repopulation Colony: Deep 69, and the choices that she makes will have an impact on those around her – with how they see her and how they view the SpermFleet Federation.

While adult content takes center stage in Light-Space Love, the goal is lewdness with context. Light-Space Love's narrative places our protagonist in a Universe where these lewd encounters can drive the plot and our protagonist's growth (and corruption) forward.

Story

The game takes place in the year 8643. You play as Linessa Star, Captain of Repopulation Colony: Deep Six Nine.

Deep Six Nine is one colony among many in the galaxy that were founded by the SpermFleet Federation. The Federation is responsible for assisting alien species that are in danger of extinction by helping them reproduce through… very conventional means.

The story starts with Captain Star as she wakes up in an unfamiliar place with no recollection as to how she got there; it follows Linessa's many misadventures as she tries to recover her lost memories and retraces her steps while she tries to maintain diplomatic relations between the many factions, complicated relationships and endangered Xenos that her colony, Deep 69, is responsible for.

Our Protagonist

Captain Linessa Star

linessa_default.png

- As Captain of Repopulation Colony: Deep 69, Linessa represents the Spermfleet Federation in their mission to forge relationships between the many disparate Xeno factions within the Gal-Sector.

- Linessa holds the title as the fourth ever graduate of Spermfleet Academy to beat the Why’lia Ali, a feat that hasn’t been done in centuries. Due to this accomplishment, she has a distinguished reputation within the Federation; despite her having been an unremarkable student by every other metric.

- Even though she barely scraped through her courses, Linessa is a startlingly effective diplomat; though she prefers utilizing these skills at the nightclub than the podium.

Description, Features & Purpose of Thread

Light-Space Love focuses on solving situations without the use of violence – with the ubiquity of Personal Shielding within the Gal-Sector, resolving a situation with force is highly improbable. Solve situations using your words and charm, or by using more “lewd” diplomatic methods you’ve picked up from Spermfleet Academy.

Features
  • Diplomacy & Lust. All encounters must be solved without violence, use your words to convince and charm foes – or perhaps you’d prefer a more “seductive & personal” approach to winning your opponents over.
  • Explore the galaxy by visiting new planets, alien homeworlds, space stations and in future builds work to maintain diplomatic relations with various Xeno species.
  • Level up your character and customize your build with unlockable skills supporting Linessa’s four primary attributes of, MIND, BODY, PERSONALITY and INDECENCY. Focus on any attribute or mix her skills for a more varied approach and interesting interactions in and out of combat.
  • Playable Lewd Scenes. Most of our lewd scenes are completely playable, such as our Game Over and Pilot Simulation events, giving you control of how these scenes play out while making each event unique – and all of these events are replayable!
  • Indecency & Corruption. As Linessa’s Indecency increases, she’ll become open to participating in much more lewd and daring activities.

About This Thread

The purpose of this thread is to get feedback, share ideas and journal my thoughts and progress on the development of Light-Space Love. If you have any feedback, suggestions, questions or have bugs to report, feel free to do that here!

This isn’t a thread where I’ll be releasing the latest version of the game; instead I’ll go over progress for development publicly. If you want to play the latest subscriber version, you can support us on or , you can also play the latest public version (which will usually be 2 versions behind the subscriber build) on .

You can find the game thread on this forum here: https://f95zone.to/threads/light-space-love-v0-3-halftilt.127735/

Play the Game

To access the latest build, subscribe on or .

Play the previous public build here:

Content Tags (Current & Planned)
Current content is in bold and planned content is in italics.

Pregnancy
, Birth, Corruption, Interspecies (Aliens n Stuff), Yuri, Exhibitionism, Public Use, Humiliation, Prostitution, Sex-Fighting, Futa (Mostly Optional), Sex Machines, Mind Control, Ambiguous Consent, Femdom, Cum-Drinking, Tentacles, Orgasm Denial, Orgy, Oblivious/Distracted Sex, And More.

Screenshots
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Support Us

SubscribeStar:

Patreon:
Itch.io:
Discord:

Last edited:

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
6/4/2023

Hey there, F95, this is my first devlog post here!

Right now I’m working on implementing our sex positions & grappling system for Diplomacy Encounters – in this game, combat is referred to as Diplomacy, since each encounter is solved without actually fighting.

The way this system works, is Linessa or a detractor can use an ability to put Linessa into a sex position, then once she’s in that position both the enemy and Linessa have access to limited sex and diplomacy skills, and each sex skill can change the sprite for that position.

Just as an example, if Linessa is in a Kissing position or Handjob position, then she’ll be limited with the number of sex abilities they can each perform in that position.

I.E. - the Handjob position might only allow for handjobs, oral and anal sex, while the Kissing position might only allow for kissing, handjobs, anal sex and vaginal sex.

There’s also going to be a difference between the Grappled condition to make it unique from a Sex Position.

If Linessa is Grappled, then she’ll be limited in her sex and Diplomacy skills – instead she might be limited to only having oral, anal and vaginal sex while grappled, and if she wants to break out of that condition, she can only try to Struggle or Plead her way out while not having access to most of her normal Diplomacy Skills.

Also, different enemies will have different Grapples they can use on her, for example, a tentacle monster will have different art and sex variations from a group of humanoids grappling her.

And here’s some WIP screenshots for the Humanoid Grapple condition I'm currently working on! There's a few status effects and UI changes I still need to make so it's more clear who's grappling who; but it'll work something like this!

Screenshots
grapple0.PNG grapple1.PNG
grapple2.PNG
grapple3.PNG

On the other hand, if she’s in a “Sex Position” she’ll have a lot more freedom in what she can do – she’ll only have access to Sex Skills relevant to that position, but she’ll also be able to use her Diplomacy Skills on an opponent while having sex.

This allows her to mix both Pleasure damage and Willpower damage, allowing some variability in combat depending on if one opponent is more vulnerable to a specific damage or sex skill than another.

She’ll also be able to break out of sex positions a lot easier than the grapple condition, allowing her to switch to another sex position as she sees fit – and if she’s already in a position, an enemy won’t be able to inflict a new position on her unless it goes for a Grapple or she’s no longer in a sex position.

It’s going to be a pretty involved sex system, as you can see! And that means there’s a lot of coding because there's a lot of conditions to account for! I’m currently plugging away at that code, and it might just end up being the biggest part of this coming update!

Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExordick
Jun 7, 2020
in general I dont have any complain about It, the story sounds clear and I like the mechanics, just a thing that probably gonna split all the leagues on this game, you're planning to animate the scenes?, or its gonna stay like images, its perfectly fine to stay like that, its just, It would be great to know :7, but far from that, consider myself as a fan that wants to play until the end...

Reactions: halftilt

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
in general I dont have any complain about It, the story sounds clear and I like the mechanics, just a thing that probably gonna split all the leagues on this game, you're planning to animate the scenes?, or its gonna stay like images, its perfectly fine to stay like that, its just, It would be great to know :7, but far from that, consider myself as a fan that wants to play until the end...
Yeah there's gonna be some animated stuff in the game -- since we're just getting started and pretty small, the budget isn't there yet to animate everything.

Right now the plan's to animate a few of the combat sex cut-ins (like vaginal/anal creampies and a few skills), some of the "major" sex scenes -- which is mainly romance scenes, and all of the pregnancy/birth scenes when that system's implemented. As support for the project grows, I'd like to get more things animated, but that's the plan for now.

And thanks for the kind words!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Horny Potato20
Jun 7, 2020
Yeah there's gonna be some animated stuff in the game -- since we're just getting started and pretty small, the budget isn't there yet to animate everything.

Right now the plan's to animate a few of the combat sex cut-ins (like vaginal/anal creampies and a few skills), some of the "major" sex scenes -- which is mainly romance scenes, and all of the pregnancy/birth scenes when that system's implemented. As support for the project grows, I'd like to get more things animated, but that's the plan for now.

And thanks for the kind words!
its great to know that!!! and naah thanks for the game :7

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
its great to know that!!! and naah thanks for the game :7
Sure thing! And since you were asking about animations – I’ll share a small sample here of a few that we've got done so far...

interrogate.gif
ezgif-4-73b6b342ed.gif
Artist: iron_curtainz
Animator: TheLawfulSock

They're still WIP since the animation systems haven't been integrated into the game yet, since integrating the Spine Animator Library into Unity is probably going to be a whole release cycle itself -- I've got them to play in-game already; but I have to code the system so they show up during an encounter or events as I need them to, which will involve quite a bit of testing for what I have planned ( :

Nov 26, 2017
Sure thing! And since you were asking about animations – I’ll share a small sample here of a few that we've got done so far...

View attachment 2686031
View attachment 2686035

They're still WIP since the animation systems haven't been integrated into the game yet, since integrating the Spine Animator Library into Unity is probably going to be a whole release cycle itself -- I've got them to play in-game already; but I have to code the system so they show up during an encounter or events as I need them to, which will involve quite a bit of testing for what I have planned ( :
Amazing work as always! Dont forget to rest up!

• Red Heart
Jun 7, 2020

View attachment 2686031
View attachment 2686035

HOLY FUCK!!!
6m8nu1mog1391.jpg
they look great, im pretty sure that its gonna be a very famous game!!, I hope so, I can't wait to see it in the game itself in the middle of a fight, but it's true, take breaks regularly, your health is more important, more seeing the work that it will take to code all this, but keep it up [:

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
halftilt
Question for you. How do you plan on implementing mind control in this game? I know the first planet features it as a kink, but I was wondering if it will stay around afterwards. There are some hints that, as you leave the first planet, at least one antagonist has the ability to mind control you character.

Do you plan to implement a system where the enemies can use mind control on the player so they can force them to accomplish missions for them? Maybe turn her into a sleeper agent that can be activated with a code phrase? Or will it just be restricted to kink fodder for sex scenes?

fgv2

Mar 22, 2019
Grappling limiting Linessa's options is a good way to create strong and weak beats and to enforce variety in strategy, but I'm worried about a problem that a lot of similar games have with their grappling systems. Often the only non-lewd options available in a grappled state are to struggle out of it, rather than try to fight from it. This creates a situation where the player doesn't have any agency, can easily result in stunlocking, and enforces non-lewd builds to focus their power budget on resisting or escaping grappling (defeating the point of creating the system). Hopefully your system allows Linessa to make an intentional choice to remain grappled while still fighting back.

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

Take your time, the anims are looking great. And must be a lot of work.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
halftilt
Question for you. How do you plan on implementing mind control in this game? I know the first planet features it as a kink, but I was wondering if it will stay around afterwards. There are some hints that, as you leave the first planet, at least one antagonist has the ability to mind control you character.

Do you plan to implement a system where the enemies can use mind control on the player so they can force them to accomplish missions for them? Maybe turn her into a sleeper agent that can be activated with a code phrase? Or will it just be restricted to kink fodder for sex scenes?
Without spoiling too much -- yes, the mind control stuff is mostly going to be its own story-line that relates to the first area. It will have some implications in the end-game; since the "mind control" you see at the end of the intro plays into the overall narrative of Linessa trying to rebuild her memories.

I realize I probably didn't answer your question since I have to keep it kind of vague, unfortunately, haha.

Reactions: Elsiss Surana

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
Grappling limiting Linessa's options is a good way to create strong and weak beats and to enforce variety in strategy, but I'm worried about a problem that a lot of similar games have with their grappling systems. Often the only non-lewd options available in a grappled state are to struggle out of it, rather than try to fight from it. This creates a situation where the player doesn't have any agency, can easily result in stunlocking, and enforces non-lewd builds to focus their power budget on resisting or escaping grappling (defeating the point of creating the system). Hopefully your system allows Linessa to make an intentional choice to remain grappled while still fighting back.
That's a good point on the grappling system -- I'm looking to support non-lewd builds while avoiding those pitfalls you mentioned. I'm adding in a few stop-gaps for that in future builds -- such as a temporary grapple immunity or a global cooldown for grapple abilities by enemies.

Also there will be a difference between a "grapple" which means to limit Linessa and a "sex position" which is like a grapple, but Linessa has a lot more agency and she can initiate a sex position, use her normal skills or move to a new position.

It'll be the difference between Linessa having her arms tied behind her back and having to struggle free (and I'm hoping to add unique grapples for different enemy types once the art's completed for each sex position).
Linessa forced - Nude.png
Artist - pzpana

Versus being more free in a "handjob position" and being able to use your negotiation, special skills, and having the option to take on additional partners depending on the position or switch to a new position (which will reset your sex partners).
Captain Star and Man.png Captain Star and Man - blowjob.jpeg
Artist - pzpana

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Without spoiling too much -- yes, the mind control stuff is mostly going to be its own story-line that relates to the first area. It will have some implications in the end-game; since the "mind control" you see at the end of the intro plays into the overall narrative of Linessa trying to rebuild her memories.

I realize I probably didn't answer your question since I have to keep it kind of vague, unfortunately, haha.
Thank you kindly.

thelawfulsock

Apr 3, 2020
Take your time, the anims are looking great. And must be a lot of work.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⡶⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣶⡾⠟⠟⡋⡔⠰⠠⢆⠰⠄⢆⠢⡙⢻⠻⢶⣶⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⡿⠥⠦⢭⣂⠱⢈⠅⠣⠌⢢⢉⠢⠑⡌⢢⣱⠦⠾⣻⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣴⡿⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣌⠀⠃⠌⣀⠂⠌⣡⡼⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⣦⠀⠀
⢀⣾⠏⠀⣠⣴⣶⣄⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⢁⠂⠄⡈⠤⡟⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⣦⣄⠀⠹⣷⠀
⣿⡿⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⠆⠀⠀⢘⡦⠀⢌⠐⠠⢸⡇⠀⠀⠠⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⣿⣇
⡿⣷⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠟⠀⠀⠀⣸⠁⠌⠠⢈⠐⡈⣧⠀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⣿⣿
⣟⡿⡄⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠏⠐⡈⠄⡁⢂⠐⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⢠⣿⣟
⣿⣧⠛⣤⣀⠀⣀⢀⡤⠞⢁⠠⢁⠐⡐⢀⠂⠌⡐⠈⠳⣤⣀⠀⣀⢀⡴⢞⣿⡏
⠘⣿⡜⡠⢍⢫⡍⡏⠴⡁⢂⠐⠄⡈⠐⠠⠌⡐⠠⠑⡒⢤⡍⢯⡍⠭⣐⣯⣿⠀
⠀⠹⣷⡑⢎⡱⡘⢥⠃⡜⠠⢈⡐⠠⢁⠂⡐⠠⢁⠜⡈⢦⡙⢦⡘⣱⡾⣿⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠙⢿⣦⡑⣉⠆⡱⢀⠣⣄⣤⣁⣆⣌⣤⣡⣌⠰⡈⢆⡘⢤⣱⣿⡽⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⢷⣦⡚⣄⠣⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⢃⠜⣤⣾⣿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⠷⣯⣵⣤⣆⣴⣠⣆⣴⣢⢾⣭⡿⠟⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠙⡚⠓⠚⠓⡋⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• Red Heart

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
6/30 - Devlog Update

Hey there, still plugging away at development here -- making some good progress and should have a "general" ETA date for when the next release is dropping in about a week.

For now, let me tell you a bit about this new mini-game I'm adding. I'm not sure what compelled me to make a block/face matching mini-game, but that's what we're getting in the next release.

If you played the last version, this will replace the "Trial of Piety" placeholder scene and the goal of this mini-game is to collect as much cum from your followers as possible, using Linessa's latent psychic abilities, while trying to avoid getting overwhelmed.

I definitely had a lot of fun making this one and got really "experimental" with it -- this plays super differently from anything else in the game, fyi.

I'll be revisiting this one in the future, since I felt there was quite a bit more that could be done UI and lewd-wise -- mainly replacing some of those placeholder block icons, adding stripping/clothing removal, and giving it it's own "Game Over" if Linessa were to fail.

I was thinking about adding some additional mechanics to make it more difficult the more you revisit it; but that'll be a way later addition since I'd like to get some feedback on how it plays first -- essentially the way it works is Linessa gives a "psyjob" to some dicks, it corresponds to blocks, then a bunch of weird block interactions happen to increase or decrease your "cum score" based on how good you are at matching!

Here's some screenshots!
trial_2.PNG

trial_1.PNG trial_2.PNG trial_5.PNG trial_6.PNG

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Damn looking good. Sadly its female protag but I get how it will work with whole corruption and sex scene mechanics. Hope there will be a gallery or scene unlocker when its done.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
7/7 - Devlog Update

Hey there, Halftilt here with another update – this time with some planned changes coming to the Holo-Dick.

Originally, the Holo-Dick was sort of its own thing where you can play specific simulations, but I want it to function more like an actual “Holodeck” where the player can do training exercises and experience or re-experience events they choose.

The way I’m going to do that, is to allow the player to play through simulations (like the Pilot Simulation), start a Diplomacy (combat) encounter, replay mini-games or play through “experiences” which will be added as Holo-Dick specific storylines in future updates.

In this update, I’ll be adding the ability to replay Diplomacy (combat) encounters – and as the pool of enemies and enemy types grow, the player will be able to visit the Holo-Dick and play an encounter against those enemies they’ve encountered -- and of course, allowing you to replay against enemy types you "like".

Right now, it's pulling from a pool of potential encounters that contain those enemy types -- if there's interest to instead allow the player to make their own encounter and choose each enemy, I may add that in; but for now I'll just pull from a list of encounter pools that I already use for randomized encounters.

holodick1.PNG

And about your question on the gallery...
Damn looking good. Sadly its female protag but I get how it will work with whole corruption and sex scene mechanics. Hope there will be a gallery or scene unlocker when its done.
In a future update, I’ll likely add the “Gallery” to the Holo-Dick, where the player can replay any lewd scenes they want to revisit – I was considering adding it in to the Log Book, but that's mainly just a repository for lore at this point and it being in the Holo-Dick seems to make the most sense flavor-wise anyway.

Thanks for checking us out, by the way!

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
7/14 - Devlog Update

Hey there, Halftilt here with a dev diary update!

I’m making some updates to our UI in this update as well – I’ve been looking into improving the UI for our game for a while just to make everything “flow” a little better and especially trying to build the game towards more one-handed support.

As this is the first large-scale game project I'm working on, I’ve noticed I have a lot of room for improvement in the UI department! A lot of what I put in so far won't be final, though I am keeping the overall theme of the S-LOVES interface.

The majority of the UI changes that I have planned aren’t making it into this version, but by the end of Episode 1’s release cycle, I’m hoping to get most, if not all, of the UI updates added to our game!

So far, I've updated some of the fonts to be more readable and completely re-did the main menu!
new_main_menu.PNG

I’m also trying to strike a balance between releasing new content and improving how the game plays. A new look and feel is cool and everything, but I know you came here for the lewds -- like this fun little scene where Linessa has to seduce a guard to let her through.
new_scene.PNG
Artist: ibli51

I’m also adding a new character to this release – meet L.I.B.R.A.I.R.I. (Lifelike Intelligent Being with Robust Artificial Intelligence for Retrieval of Information).
librairy (2).png

She’s an artificial intelligence and database that works alongside the Command Crew. You’ll be seeing more from her in the future, as she will be performing other duties.

Other than that, I’m looking to have the next version available for testers by the 24th – if you’re interested in volunteering, here’s the link to sign up!

And, that’s about it for now!

PJuggern4ut77

Dec 3, 2022
7/14 - Devlog Update

Hey there, Halftilt here with a dev diary update!

I’m making some updates to our UI in this update as well – I’ve been looking into improving the UI for our game for a while just to make everything “flow” a little better and especially trying to build the game towards more one-handed support.

As this is the first large-scale game project I'm working on, I’ve noticed I have a lot of room for improvement in the UI department! A lot of what I put in so far won't be final, though I am keeping the overall theme of the S-LOVES interface.

The majority of the UI changes that I have planned aren’t making it into this version, but by the end of Episode 1’s release cycle, I’m hoping to get most, if not all, of the UI updates added to our game!

So far, I've updated some of the fonts to be more readable and completely re-did the main menu!
View attachment 2769424

I’m also trying to strike a balance between releasing new content and improving how the game plays. A new look and feel is cool and everything, but I know you came here for the lewds -- like this fun little scene where Linessa has to seduce a guard to let her through.
View attachment 2769425
Artist: ibli51

I’m also adding a new character to this release – meet L.I.B.R.A.I.R.I. (Lifelike Intelligent Being with Robust Artificial Intelligence for Retrieval of Information).
View attachment 2769427

She’s an artificial intelligence and database that works alongside the Command Crew. You’ll be seeing more from her in the future, as she will be performing other duties.

Other than that, I’m looking to have the next version available for testers by the 24th – if you’re interested in volunteering, here’s the link to sign up!

And, that’s about it for now!
Loving the new stuff. This game has a lot of potential, caught my attention instantly when I played v0.2. Not trying to rush you or anything like that, but when do you think this new version will be uploaded?