Unity Light-Space Love - Repopulation Colony: Deep 69 (Sci-Fi RPG) [Development Thread]

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
11/14 - Devlog Update, Release Date & Mobile Release

I’ve started releasing the latest version of Light-Space Love for supporters, version 0.43, Episode 1, Part 3.

This version includes the mobile version of Light-Space Love, so you can now play on your Android.

A revamp to Diplomacy, which now adds support for sex positions – currently two grapples and the handjob position are implemented, with more positions and grapples on the way!

It also includes the start of the next phase of the main storyline which takes Linessa to Ukka’Kizz the homeworld of the Gro’n Ska’Li, a race of lizardmen that place a significant importance on physical combat and humiliation of their opponents.

I’ve also added the first draft of the Arcade, where you can play any game modes, mini-games or start a random encounter. I plan on adding a progression system to the Arcade in future updates which will allow game mode and mini-game enjoyers to unlock without having to play the main story – though, if you want to unlock through playing the main game, that’s also an option!

I’ll also be adding progression options to the arcade to allow the player to set Linessa’s L.O.V.E. level and skills.

Other than that, I’ve added some new dialogues, made a few bug fixes, QoL changes and added in new music and sound effects.

I plan on releasing this version to the public pretty quickly since it includes some major changes and mobile support, I’m aiming to have the public version available to everyone by the 1st of December.

I also plan on making changes to my release schedule – I’ll be switching over to smaller more frequent updates, instead of larger less frequent updates as I’ve been doing. My goal has always been 1-2 month release cycles, and this change should help.

On that note, the next update will only include the Ukka'Kizz Game Over game mode and the Martial Training game mode and I’m aiming to have it ready by the end of December. Then the following update will include the end of the Ukka’Kizz portion of the main storyline, which will end Episode 1 – with the goal of releasing at the end of January.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
1/4 - v.044 Release Date & Changelog

I hope you've all had a great holidays and New Years!

I just wanted to give a quick update and check in since it's been a while since I've updated this thread, starting with the most important news:
Tomorrow, version 0.44's release cycle will begin for supporters -- with the public version planning to be available on February 2nd.

Here's a link to the changelog of what to expect:

Devlog

Just to give an update on my development strategy, I've decided to break up my how I release content to speed up the development cycle. Which on that note, I plan on having a "theme" for my updates going forward, so they're a lot more focused.

The "theme" on this update (v. 0.44), would've been the Tournament Defeat update; since it's focus is the playable Game Over in the tournament on Ukka'Kizz.

The theme of the next update will be Episode 1: Facing the Ka'Lik. Which will focus on wrapping up all of the story beats in the main story on Ukka'Kizz with Linessa finally getting to see and meet the Ka'Lik and being able to face her final opponent in the Gro'n Gala'Kor.

I plan to add in the new Game Mode to that update as well -- which will be the Martial Training game mode. And if you decide to take on the "Defeat" path for meeting the Ka'Lik, you'll be awarded with a "different" way of playing the Martial Training game mode.

Since this next update (0.45) is going to be bigger than the last (0.44), as it will have a new game mode and will finish up the story of Episode 1, it may take a bit longer than Phase 4 did. I'm aiming for 2 months on this one.

Once that's completed, I'll be moving onto the Drinking Competition Game Mode and then adding additional stages to the Prison Cult missions to allow Linessa to decide whether she wants to join or guide them.

That's about it for now.

halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
4/26 - Episode 1 Retrospective & Animated Sex Positions
After releasing the ending of Episode 1, I wanted to take a look back at how the game’s been progressing and evaluate what’s worked so far and what I should change. In that process, I took on an art director to help out with some of my design decisions.

And the first change we’ve come to is adding in more animations to the game – now we’re working with TheLawfulsock, to get animations for all of the base sex positions in Diplomacy. What that means is instead of it being a still image during an encounter, the position will now be animated – I’m starting backwards on this one though – since I want to get some new art for the handjob position – and the first position that will be animated is the vaginal sex position.

Here’s some teasers of the work we’ve done so far!
gif_multi.gif
gif_solo.gif
Art by
Animation by TheLawfulsock

The animations will be variable like the current ones – you can enter the vaginal position and the blowjob position at the same time, for example – or just vaginal, or all three!

I’ve also got some changes coming to Diplomacy to unlock these skills a little earlier (instead of having to get your L.O.V.E. level to 69, you can unlock it a lot earlier using skill points in the Lewd tree).