Overview:
This is a HTML5 player for all LifeSelector games.​

Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Created: 15 Sep 2018
Game/Creator: LifeSelector games
Modder: Sarrekn
Mod Version: 1.1

Features:

Life Selector games are nice, but nowadays you shouldnt have to rely on flash to run these, so this is a HTML5 version of the player.

The look is a bit similar to the official website, and the player should also work well in full screen mode.

Tested on recent versions of the following browsers without any issues:

- Chrome
- Firefox
- Safari
- Opera
- Android Chrome (touch is working well, during the interactive scenes, you can do a small swipe to show the different scenes available)
- IE11

Installation:

The zip archive contains two files:

- convert.html: This is a small converter tool. Used to convert the lifeselector game structure to javascript.
- index.html: The LifeSelector HTML5 player packaged into one single html file.

The player and converter can be used offline. Everything happens in your browser !

To use it, very simple:

- Open convert.html, and select the game.xml file in the game directory you want to convert. It will automatically convert it and put a game.js file in your download directory.
- Copy the game.js into the game directory (where game.xml is located).
- Copy the index.html file into the game directory.

Open index.html to play.

Download:
See attached files...

Support:
Of course there is a possibility that the game.xml file format will evolve for newer games, and convert.html will stop working. If you think that might be the case, make a post here with the game.xml file giving you issues and the name of the game.

Change-Log:

1.1: (1.1_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- As suggested by some people in this thread, I added a small nav bar in the top left (-10s, +30s, Skip) in the player index.html.
- Also did a few technical updates.
- No change on the converter convert.html. Some people said they had issues with the conversion of some specific games, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Works fine for me.

Note: To move to 1.1. You just need to replace the old index.html with the new one.

1.0: (1.0_Old_Version_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- First release

Cavalier2779

Mar 6, 2022
Convert.html doesn't work.
Put .xml file there and nothing happened, couldn't find .js output file anywhere.

EDIT : thank you Conark99, your fix works.
Hope they replace original convert.html with yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkproduction

Ulysseplus2

Apr 21, 2018
- Open convert.html, and select the game.xml file in the game directory you want to convert. It will automatically convert it and put a game.js file in your download directory.
Nothing happens, the file remains xml, is there another way to convert it?

Mk90x

Dec 8, 2020
Overview:

Features:

Life Selector games are nice, but nowadays you shouldnt have to rely on flash to run these, so this is a HTML5 version of the player.

The look is a bit similar to the official website, and the player should also work well in full screen mode.

- Chrome
- Firefox
- Safari
- Opera
- Android Chrome (touch is working well, during the interactive scenes, you can do a small swipe to show the different scenes available)
- IE11

Installation:

- convert.html: This is a small converter tool. Used to convert the lifeselector game structure to javascript.

The player and converter can be used offline. Everything happens in your browser !

To use it, very simple:

Open index.html to play.

Download:
See attached files...

Support:
Of course there is a possibility that the game.xml file format will evolve for newer games, and convert.html will stop working. If you think that might be the case, make a post here with the game.xml file giving you issues and the name of the game.

Change-Log:

- As suggested by some people in this thread, I added a small nav bar in the top left (-10s, +30s, Skip) in the player index.html.
- No change on the converter convert.html. Some people said they had issues with the conversion of some specific games, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Works fine for me.

Note: To move to 1.1. You just need to replace the old index.html with the new one.

- First release

frusso71

Apr 28, 2017
Hi to all, no one note that in the (top-right) mini-image the HTML5 version lost the video description? Can be fixed? :)
description.jpg

In the game.xml the video description is next "|" : aphoto1="1-1-a-100-133|Dirty talk"

Thanks
Bye

Last edited:

OsmanNalbant

Dec 4, 2017
Overview:

Features:

- Chrome
- Firefox
- Safari
- Opera
- IE11

Installation:

To use it, very simple:

Open index.html to play.

Download:
See attached files...

Support:

Change-Log:

- First release
I add a "previous schene" button to 1.1 version.
Now, you can back and play other choices :)

and I fix some copy/past bugs in convert.html

To use it +
- Copy the prev.png file into the game directory.

Here you are

Dickarion

May 22, 2021
it doesn't work for me nothing is converted into.js i am not sure if it supposed to be automatic or if i should click somewhere ( i don't see any button other then choose file so i don't think ...) so yay it will be cool if you could explain more how is it supposed to work

Cancandoo

Jan 12, 2022
Can confirm that an old converter works just fine on Linux, I'm using Tor Browser and regular Firefox. Plays fine with index.html 1.1, tried several games. But we definitely need laconic text descriptions on video previews back! :rolleyes:

lecherworm

Nov 1, 2023
Getting this error when running index.html on pc firefox: the media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

frodo111222

Nov 15, 2023
I got js file and follow all steps but I can make it work on Android, I tried chrome, opera and Firefox but I get a black screen and a missing image icon.
Also tried with Adobe air, opening from the file explorer and with file:/// but no way.
Any idea?
Thanks

KaanxD

Feb 23, 2023
Hello, does anyone know how to set up such websites? I would also pay. Please write to me privately.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote