Mod HTML LifeSelector universal HTML5 player [v1.0] [Sarrekn]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Boyanhot

Dec 2, 2019
I can't find game.js are we sure it coverts automaticly?
you have to use the old version (version 1.1 doesnt do it automatically) version 1.0 works fine + the first time it works because the converter calls it GAME.JS so the first time it will work
The second time you convert it the converter calls it GAME.JS (1) you've got to remove the (1) so it says GAME.JS and it will work

somehornydude2

Jul 22, 2021
The v1.1 convert.html doesn't work because OP forgot to inline the jquery script, kept a call to the event handler function (readSingleFile) which throws an undefined error when page loads and defines the variable file inside the html's directory. Change the source of the script to download from CDN and comment out the problematic lines. (Equivalent to the following patch showing the exact needed changes.)

Code:
8c8
< <script src="node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>
---
> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
11c11
<     readSingleFile();
---
>     //readSingleFile();
19c19
<         file = "game.xml";
---
>         //file = "game.xml";

shakunimama

Feb 7, 2021
The v1.1 convert.html doesn't work because OP forgot to inline the jquery script, kept a call to the event handler function (readSingleFile) which throws an undefined error when page loads and defines the variable file inside the html's directory. Change the source of the script to download from CDN and comment out the problematic lines. (Equivalent to the following patch showing the exact needed changes.)

Code:
8c8
< <script src="node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>
---
> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
11c11
<     readSingleFile();
---
>     //readSingleFile();
19c19
<         file = "game.xml";
---
>         //file = "game.xml";
Thanks. This works fine on Android.

SatyrNymph

Apr 10, 2021
I'm on a Nokia (so Android One meaning pure Android os) Android 11.

I managed to get the convert.html ti work after changing line 8 to (quote)

<script src=" "></script>

(Endquote)
and deleting lines 11 and 19 as post #88 suggested.

So I got the game.js file (it's for "A Day with Liya Silver and friends" FWIW) and copied it into the folder with the game.xml file and the video and images folders for the game.

Then I copied the index.html file in, and tapped it, opening in chrome.

Black screen with a little green photo with a slash through it (the "photo not found" icon thing).

After Chrome, I tried Opera browser. Same result. Brave. Same. I tried the fancy index.html version in post #93 with the same browsers. Nada. Black screen, photo unavailable icon.

Phone not on power-saver mode. Used Total Commander first, then tried the "built in" files app... still didn't work.

I'm grasping at straws here, lol.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

durdenx

Sep 12, 2021
I'm on a Nokia (so Android One meaning pure Android os) Android 11.

I managed to get the convert.html ti work after changing line 8 to (quote)

<script src=" "></script>

(Endquote)
and deleting lines 11 and 19 as post #88 suggested.

So I got the game.js file (it's for "A Day with Liya Silver and friends" FWIW) and copied it into the folder with the game.xml file and the video and images folders for the game.

Then I copied the index.html file in, and tapped it, opening in chrome.

Black screen with a little green photo with a slash through it (the "photo not found" icon thing).

After Chrome, I tried Opera browser. Same result. Brave. Same. I tried the fancy index.html version in post #93 with the same browsers. Nada. Black screen, photo unavailable icon.

Phone not on power-saver mode. Used Total Commander first, then tried the "built in" files app... still didn't work.

I'm grasping at straws here, lol.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!
same

darkace35180

Sep 3, 2021
Ok found the Perfect solution:-

after doing the steps mentioned above the only change you have to do is past the file in android/data/com.android.(your browser)/ and from that you have to paste the whole location in whichever browser you use.

This is long for first time but after that you can just copy and paste.

you can locate android data using pc or Zarchiver.

Reactions: Nicelongbottom

Cosoyeg595

Jun 17, 2021
can you try this? I tried to fix it myself

worked fine for "a day with mia malkova "didn't test any other games
Bringing this here for all the people having problems. There seem to be some coding issues with the original converter. But this one works like a charm.

Reactions: draaco

SStealthy

Sep 1, 2019
Hey all. So I can't seem to open the .html file on android using the file:///sdcard method as the html file doesnt show up (idk this may probably be because of the android update as i am on android 11 currently). But I tried using the joiplay application (which people playing vn or rpgmaker on their phone may probably know. it's on google play btw) and it somehow magically works. The only problem is I can't get the to move the seek (little circle slider thingy that navigates you through the video) to work as everytime I tried to seek the video, it just fails. Any clues on how to get playback working?

For those who want to try: Follow the steps on page 1, Then open joiplay. After that, click the plus icon and just put the index.html in the "executable file" field.

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: FuckHero13

bo181151

Jan 11, 2022
Overview:
This is a HTML5 player for all LifeSelector games.​

Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Created: 15 Sep 2018
Game/Creator: LifeSelector games
Modder: Sarrekn
Mod Version: 1.1

Features:

Life Selector games are nice, but nowadays you shouldnt have to rely on flash to run these, so this is a HTML5 version of the player.

The look is a bit similar to the official website, and the player should also work well in full screen mode.

Tested on recent versions of the following browsers without any issues:

- Chrome
- Firefox
- Safari
- Opera
- Android Chrome (touch is working well, during the interactive scenes, you can do a small swipe to show the different scenes available)
- IE11

Installation:

The zip archive contains two files:

- convert.html: This is a small converter tool. Used to convert the lifeselector game structure to javascript.
- index.html: The LifeSelector HTML5 player packaged into one single html file.

The player and converter can be used offline. Everything happens in your browser !

To use it, very simple:

- Open convert.html, and select the game.xml file in the game directory you want to convert. It will automatically convert it and put a game.js file in your download directory.
- Copy the game.js into the game directory (where game.xml is located).
- Copy the index.html file into the game directory.

Open index.html to play.

Download:
See attached files...

Support:
Of course there is a possibility that the game.xml file format will evolve for newer games, and convert.html will stop working. If you think that might be the case, make a post here with the game.xml file giving you issues and the name of the game.

Change-Log:

1.1: (1.1_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- As suggested by some people in this thread, I added a small nav bar in the top left (-10s, +30s, Skip) in the player index.html.
- Also did a few technical updates.
- No change on the converter convert.html. Some people said they had issues with the conversion of some specific games, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Works fine for me.

Note: To move to 1.1. You just need to replace the old index.html with the new one.

1.0: (1.0_Old_Version_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- First release
Tried a few game.xml, but the convert.html doesnt seem to get sending a game.js file to downloads

EmilGames3

Jan 23, 2022
Where is game.xml?
Ok,it didnt worked for me in first place but i got it right now.I used index.html from post #93,and converter from post #69.Im on PC.Be sure to have java installed on your pc.
1.Open convert.html and find game.xml,it should pop a window with save option
2.If game.js open as Notepad file,then its game.js.txt,we want to change it to only game.js
3.Open game,jx,txt file as notepad and click save as and save it as a new file named game.js
4.Index file move to game.xml folder and it should work.
As for phone,i have installed opera browser on my phone,i tried with firefox and flashfox,it didn't worked for me.You dont need Adobe Air to work on phone.
You can play it offline.
1.Copy game files from pc to phone
2.Open index.html as opera
3.If you cant open it as opera,copy destination of the file(index.html) and open opera
4.In the opera type:"file://" then paste destination of the file(index.html) and searh it (for example:"file:///storage/.../index.html")
5.It will ask for permision for files and you should be able to play it.
Hope this helps someone.Sorry for my bad english.
can you please just make a video it doesnt work.

Datboiisnotme

Nov 23, 2021
can you please just make a video it doesnt work.
You can also try using "Joiplay" if your on android, You should be able to download it on the Play Store and all you need to do is run "index.html" as the executable.

Only downside is you cant really skip/fast forward/rewind videos

andrasharrowing

Mar 27, 2021
hello, i wrote some code so that it's possible to look at all the available choices within the game.
It's available as a bookmarklet and in it's source form

Bookmarklet:
Source:

XcentY

Jul 15, 2017
It's nice to give us version 1.1 but when the first script of your 1.1 version is sourced library jquery-min.js , you have to add this library in your zip file otherwise we can't manage to get it working. I've tried with the library I had on my personal web server jquery-3.5.1.min.js but I still get script errors. So if you can please upload your jquery-min.js so I can give it a shot ?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote