VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Life with Mary [v1.0.2 Final] [LikesBlondes]

1. 5.00 star(s)

grgrgr5

Really good. I like how normal and relatable the characters are. None of that creepy stuff you see all too often in these things. This is just a nice, wholesome but sexy story about two people getting to know each other and growing closer. I wish more stories and characters were like this in these games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MrT37

[v0.10 impressions]

Sick of dodging fetishes or an MC referring to the women as sluts/whores right before he gets the choice to either cum on their face or tits, only 2 minutes after they've been introduced?

If you answered "yes" or "fuck yes!" then this is the game for you!

This is a slow burn VN for those of us with a romance fetish (the most degenerate of fetishes) or a blue ball simulator to everyone else. Choices are rare and rather easy to figure out, renders are decent and you're playing a relatable MC, pursuing a lady who isn't "random cockhound no.352".

Give it a try and if you enjoy it, sling the dev a fiver. The scene could use at least few more like him.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

darlic

[v 0.10]

What i like of this game: Everything, except for:

- Limited facial expressions, the girl's smile is nice but after a while it gives you an idea she might a bad case of face paralysis, it's always the same...
    - Some renders could use a little bit of work, but the large amount already present in the game make this flaw less relevant and more bearable.
    - Lack of sex scenes; bear in mind, i'm perfectly fine with the slow pace of the buildup in games like this, my concern in fact is just on what the author is capable of. I hope he is good as he already is with the dialogues.
    - Lack of sound effects: i hate intrusive sounds/music and voice acting but if you don't abuse of it they might be a little nice addition to the overall quality (e.g. The secret, 4 elements trainer, etc.)

9.5/10 Absolutely recommended to anyone who's looking for a nice and slow story with quality dialogues.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Chilinhills

I really like this game. One of the best I've played in a while. I look forward to seeing this game completed. I like the way the writer is going with this story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy several different types of games, but it's kind of nice to see a game that doesn't have tricks, MC, or blackmail to get the relationship started.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

mario1994

Version 0.15.. Fucking masterpiece! I would get it if the Andy, mother of Mary had any wrinkles.. yet she has perfect skin and look like sister not a mother. Add to it the fact that.. all girls, women in this game are damn goergous I am somewhat not satisfied that there are no existing routes besides that of Mary.. almost, Couse main route of Mary is damn great to follow. Sweet love in making. Mature even.. the most mature relationship on this site I found till now.

Spoiler alert: John, bald muscular firend of our MC is charmed by Mary's mother, Andy.. and for a moment I felt glad becouse of that. Even thoght about double or triple wedding. Mary and I, Andy, her mother with John and Cheating Father with his lover.. well, last part is stretch but double wedding is not impossible I think.

Becouse of how dev told and shown his story I do not feel as much regret becouse I do not get to sleep with all beauties in this game.

WE KISS!! Damn first kiss!! So far into the story, yet our first kiss happened weeks after sleeping with each other.. does it appear possible? In this story, DAMN YES

version 0.10.. till now we have mature example of a love story between young girl in her teens.. or young adult woman which seeks something which she does not have in her life. Stability, place to stay, person to talk to, shoulder to cry on etc. She finds it in Us, a player. Single man in his prime, friend of her womanizer dad. At the same time our Mc sees her like a doughter, but with time opens up to tought of her being a woman.

From my experience it is one of the most mature stories here... Till now we had only sex scene in few renders at the start with her father.. which were memories of their collage life.

Personally I think that dev is trying to write a story in which we could feel what characters feel even love this cute girl which brings colors to our boring lives. We fall for her and she does the same with Us.. at the same time, till now we see at least 3 beautiful characters, but there is no time for cheating toughts to appear becouse she is such an angel for us.

Great game.. good amount of content. Plot is superb, pace of it. Erotica till now is almost not seen. Which is in this case something good.

Models and renders are all great, there is not many things a player can point fingers at. Especially models. They have generic charasteristic but most of them are so modyfied that players almost cannot find similar characters hairdos or noses in other games like this. Big plus for that. Original content. Incest? NOPE. Here is clear as day not incest yet it gives father/ doughter vibe. Which is kind of sweet becouse it is not something forbidden yet it still feels wrong to do. Especially after meeting her mother which is cheated on by her husband, our friend.

Characters worth seeing:
    -Friends Doughter/ Our love and first and last(till now)
    -Friends Wife/ New character in 0.10, she is damn good looking woman.. how can you cheat someoine looking like that?
    -Friends Lover.. one encounter till now similarly to his wife, both beautiful women but diffrent
    -Last but not least, best friend of friends doughter, beautiful little girl which makes your day even more enjoyable..
  6. 5.00 star(s)

drowsy

Note that I haven't finished the game yet in its current state, but have played some 20 minutes of it. Even at this stage it is obvious that this is a very promising game. The worldbuilding/background storytelling is excellent: the player sympathises strongly with the MC and he is put in a situation where he has a lot of unexplored opportunities, being both wealthy yet inexperienced. Moreover, the writing of the relationship/introduction of the girl and her father is excellent: the player falls in love with Mary almost inevitably, just as the MC does so.

So far, the MC does not perform any actions that the player disagrees with. My only minor gripe is that some of the dialogue choices are unclearly labeled, which would be a bigger deal if saving/reloading was more cumbersome.

I especially love how Mary is acting towards the MC: she is written as both respectable and highly respectful, which feels realistic and gives a good basis for making strongly emotional and erotic scenes.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Led

I am really impressed by this game. The story is really well built up, the renders are beautiful and I really like where the game is headed. It's not just that, but also the dialogues are nice, smooth, realistic and funny at times. The only downside is that the summarize in the choices isn't alway very clear. Only once you pick a choice you see what choice you actually made and whether or not that choice gave you points with the girl. But if you always save before you make a choice it's easy enough to pick the other choice after you loaded the savegame.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs...

(01/10/2018 - Original Review - Demo)

This visual novel/game shows a lot of promise...

The visuals of the characters are spot on, even though I could swear I've seen the girls face in some other visual novels... The backdrops although well done, look super clean and bit too orderly to feel real... Especially when you see the items on the food markets shelves...

The script is well done so far, with no spelling/grammar errors that I noticed... The plot is basically the male protagonists old college buddy has asked him to host his daughter in his apartment/condo while she attends music classes in the city... From there it is pretty much how their lives proceed living together... This visual novel/game thus far seems to be leaning towards a love/romance story... She calls him uncle, due to how close the college buddies were, but they don't really have any blood relation... There is hint at a possible twist, with the girls father having an affair in the city each weekend, when he plans to come into the city to check up on his daughter, each time... How that will effect things or play out is unknown, if anything...

Overall, I like how the dialogue/monologue, as well as overall story has played out so far in this Demo version... Not sure if this is a demo in the sense of being an introduction, or if this is just a public version of a game that is already further into development? In any case, I enjoyed what little content this demo had... I'm intrigued to know more about this story, and hope any future content continues to have a deep and meaningful story... It's also a breath of fresh air that this story is not another family sex theme, but instead shows a lot of promise towards being a meaningful love/romance story between two non-related adults... Only time will tell how this story will actually progress, but I'm hopeful, based off what I've seen thus far...

(02/09/2018 - Review Update - v0.05)

Not a bunch more content added between the Demo version and this release... There is more character development and choices available between the protagonist and Mary... The choices seem to be leading in two directions, either the protagonist is a gentleman and the love/romance part of the story seems to advance a small bit, or the protagonist can be indifferent and a tiny bit mean towards Mary which gets a more negative response from Mary...

There are a few more erotic themed scenes, but not a bunch, mostly just accidental walk-ins... I still like the feel of this turning into a nice love/romance story, and feel there is some decent character development and meaningful character interaction happening... Which makes it feel like a very good visual novel thus far... The attention to detail with the story and character visuals is still really good...

Overall, even though this update didn't add a huge amount of more content from the Demo version I played before, I still think it shows a lot of promise, and I look forward to keeping up with this obvious love/romance story, because that is right up my ally... Keep up the great work...

(03/25/2018 - Review Update - v0.10)

New content is pretty well on par with prior content... Only big events included the introduction of Mary's friend and co-worker who seems to see a spark between Mary and the protagonist that Mary is, so far, unwilling to openly admit... Mary's mother also comes into the story, and it looks like she may or may not become a problem with Mary's growing infatuation with the protagonist...

The only issues I ran into were a few spelling errors... As well as wondering why the protagonist appears to be a little distant in the growing relationship... You don't get very much inner monologue about his feelings towards her until the moments before he goes to sleep usually... So it is really unclear as you select choices related to building a love/romantic based relationship, if the protagonist is actually having any genuine feeling towards her or is just acknowledging what he perceives as her building feelings... It's just not really clear from his perspective, for the moment... Mary, though, is definitely falling in love for the protagonist, as you make that line of choices for the protagonist... Based off her behaviors and looks...

All in all, it's still going strong... It is definitely a slow building relationship, at least from the protagonists side of the equation... I look forward to future content... This go around I'll give it a bit more time for a few content releases before checking back, to give it time to grow some more...