Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Not a fan of koikasu because it's too cutesy anime which dampens any kind of dark themes you night want to write about.

But a western dev called obliviousNTR has my respect. Too many western devs prefer netorase/cuckoldry.
I fully agree on that latter part. NTR as I've viewed it has always been more of a "hidden affair" type deal if you go by the japanese origins, with some suspicions from the MC and sometimes a reveal later on as a sort of "yup, your greatest fears came to life" type of deal. SO many NTR tagged western games nowadays seem to think NTR is purely cuckolding which is just.. an entirely different thing.

Cuckolding is generally just based on humiliation, NTR is more of a betrayal type deal.

ObliviousNTR

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2023
If there is a hole there is a will xD

Btw congrats, game looks good, any idea how often you plan to update? Like 1 per month or irregularly?
There will probably be a bit of time before the next update, like 2-3 months just so I can hopefully get it into a state where I can at least somewhat reliably start updating monthly if not every month and a half. I'll update on the frequency of updates in the future.

Reactions: Animefan_09

ObliviousNTR

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2023
I fully agree on that latter part. NTR as I've viewed it has always been more of a "hidden affair" type deal if you go by the japanese origins, with some suspicions from the MC and sometimes a reveal later on as a sort of "yup, your greatest fears came to life" type of deal. SO many NTR tagged western games nowadays seem to think NTR is purely cuckolding which is just.. an entirely different thing.

Cuckolding is generally just based on humiliation, NTR is more of a betrayal type deal.
Yeah, I'm not really a fun of NTR that's focused more on the guy rather than the girl whose cheating on him. I may add it in the future if people want it but only in a way where the cuck becomes like their pet or something...

Also, I hate when NTR gets depressing. Not what I personally enjoy fapping to.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, I'm not really a fun of NTR that's focused more on the guy rather than the girl whose cheating on him. I may add it in the future if people want it but only in a way where the cuck becomes like their pet or something...

Oblivious NTR can get depressing too after the NTR reveal near the end lol. But I get what you mean.

The focus of western NTR based on concepts of cuckoldry is usually on the guy. Often, they even decide to make it strictly male MC POV, so he pretty much witnesses the entire thing play out if the players are to see anything. That's usually fine in terms of characterization if it's more of a netorase vibe thing (although I find netorase boring personally), but there are those unwilling cuckolded MCs who is aware of what's happening pretty much instantly. So the narrative focus is on the male MC's humiliation, internal thought process, and just a whole lot of cuckoldry shenanigans by the MC. I think in general, it's designed to appeal more to the people who want to identify with the cuck MC, whether role playing or self inserting.

For Japanese NTR, the focus is much more towards the female getting corrupted, even if the player only controls the male MC. That's where the oblivious male MC comes in. The MC is oblivious, but the player is not, because there are usually multiple POV or recollection room things going on where we can see the process of the corruption. This makes it more fappable for people who enjoy the female corruption, moral degeneration, and cheating, rather than getting aroused mainly from the male MC's cucky nature.

ObliviousNTR

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2023
Oblivious NTR can get depressing too after the NTR reveal near the end lol. But I get what you mean.

The focus of western NTR based on concepts of cuckoldry is usually on the guy. Often, they even decide to make it strictly male MC POV, so he pretty much witnesses the entire thing play out if the players are to see anything. That's usually fine in terms of characterization if it's more of a netorase vibe thing (although I find netorase boring personally), but there are those unwilling cuckolded MCs who is aware of what's happening pretty much instantly. So the narrative focus is on the male MC's humiliation, internal thought process, and just a whole lot of cuckoldry shenanigans by the MC. I think in general, it's designed to appeal more to the people who want to identify with the cuck MC, whether role playing or self inserting.

For Japanese NTR, the focus is much more towards the female getting corrupted, even if the player only controls the male MC. That's where the oblivious male MC comes in. The MC is oblivious, but the player is not, because there are usually multiple POV or recollection room things going on where we can see the process of the corruption. This makes it more fappable for people who enjoy the female corruption, moral degeneration, and cheating, rather than getting aroused mainly from the male MC's cucky nature.
If I could have it my way, the "MC" would stay oblivious to the end. So that's what I will do unless people want the option for him to find out. Also, my the focus will be a lot more on the female's point of view so it's a lot more/completely like the Japanese style of NTR that you explain.

mannymulatto

Jun 26, 2021

Yeah I dont mind cheating though I prefer the cheaters perspective.
Hidden affair is good but "im gonna fuck ur wife in front of you and were both gonna insult u while we do it" is just depressing like we all know homie is gonna jump in front of a train later. Also NTR revenge needs to become popular "Dont just sit there and cry lil homie cuck him back take his whole harem and anyone he tries to get with in the future."

winmace

Jun 7, 2022
If I could have it my way, the "MC" would stay oblivious to the end. So that's what I will do unless people want the option for him to find out. Also, my the focus will be a lot more on the female's point of view so it's a lot more/completely like the Japanese style of NTR that you explain.
Does that mean the male MC will not get much focus? I'll probably try this if so as I enjoy a good FMC corruption.

ObliviousNTR

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2023
Does that mean the male MC will not get much focus? I'll probably try this if so as I enjoy a good FMC corruption.
The FMC is the main focus yeah, I do have MC POV planned but it's more so to show her corruption progress and to show what she's capable of doing in front of the oblivious MC. Makes for some nice scenes that will partially show the FMC's POV. It will be optional, like if you press a button then you can see things that the MC can't.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
If I could have it my way, the "MC" would stay oblivious to the end.
That's because the MC can and will kill that guy if he finds out, unless for some reason he's a spineless wimp, but making the MC oblivious makes him killing the demon lord unbelievable, as you need good perception to survive battles like he has.

ObliviousNTR

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2023
That's because the MC can and will kill that guy if he finds out, unless for some reason he's a spineless wimp, but making the MC oblivious makes him killing the demon lord unbelievable, as you need good perception to survive battles like he has.
He's based off of those really dense OP hero characters that you can find in a lot of random isekai/adventure manga, they annoy me and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same position that the MC will be in.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
How about this: have him discover the NTR, or some (as in never finds out how far the girls went), and then they make up and he believes he ahs won? Mmmm game has a good example, the MC finds out about it, they even break up but then get back together, but the full POV reveals she is still cheating, the kid isn't his and even that it was all a plan of the netori guy