DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
Unplayable 20% of the application goes off screen, with no way to fix it,

Edit: use Alt+Spacebar to bring down the resize menu clicking maximize will fix display.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

munchar

Jun 8, 2017
Transsexual refers to a transgender individual who has undergone sex reassignment surgery, doesn't it? Or has that changed? I can't remember which this game is referring to though. I only played for 5-10 minutes yesterday.
Nope! Although it's a misunderstanding done by a bunch of people, having genital-surgery has nothing to do with the term.

Sex (regarding male or female) is an outdated term for gender, but they are trying to refer to the same meaning.

And as I've explained on my previous post, sexuality, on the other hand, is being attracted to this or that gender (see how bisexualism is not being two different genders).

Nov 26, 2018
Yeah, this one needs a lot of work.

I've got nothing against text-based games (hell, I'm making one rn), but that text needs to be more than just 'You talk to person' and 'I think you are attractive'.

My advice would be:
1) Cut down on the number of NPCs. It's honestly just overwhelming, and considering all the interactions are the same, it's not all that interesting.
2) Give NPCs some personality traits. I think a good example of something to emulate would be 'Newlife'. That game does a good job of having distinct NPCs who interact differently with the player. It also does a good job of painting a picture with words, allowing you to understand how you should feel about certain NPCs beyond 'Ben is attractive'.
3) Give more hints on how an NPC feels about the player. When 'getting to know' someone, have text such as 'Ben seems to enjoy your company' or 'Ben seems to think you're an utter wanker'.
4) An option to not have the Blue Man Group avatars would be nice. I get it might be a placeholder for actual art, but I find it rather offputting to look at the same bald person every time I talk to someone.
5) Give players some more traits during character creation. Again, this is something Newlife does well. In that game you can play as a overly-confident bitch, a gulible bimbo, or a nymphomaniac trying to pop out as many babies as possible.

I can see the appeal of this sort of thing. The aforementioned Newlife is one of my favorite games on this site, but right now, Life Adventures is too barebones at the moment to recommend.
But it has potential! So don't give up. Thanks for the sneak peak into your game. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it so far, and for a 0.1 it shows. The structure is usually the hardest to create and takes the longest, and I know you were eager to get it out there and into the world.

This game has a lot of potential and I like where you're going with it. Good luck!

CrowInv

Sep 14, 2018
Gonna keep an eye on this one, it has potential. So far is kind of stale but fun to interact.

Yuie32

Feb 22, 2021
On launch the game tries to write a lifeadventures.db file in the directory where the exe file is (it's a database file i use to store game data). Maybe Avast doesn't like that, I'm not familiar with this software.
is there a changelog for the new update?

NomadFunbite

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2023
is there a changelog for the new update?
A lot changed between 0.2.0 to 0.3.0, I took a year to rework most of the game. I didn't write a changelog (my mistake, I'm still new at game development). I'll make sure to write one for 0.4.0.

Right now I'm working on randomly generating relationships between Npcs who are attracted to each other (marriage, serious relationship, casual).

It will be harder to seduce Npcs who are married or in a serious relationship. However I'm also adding a "Cheater" trait so those Npcs might still be pretty easy to seduce even if they're in a relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnHorse

Correctly

Aug 11, 2022
On launch the game tries to write a lifeadventures.db file in the directory where the exe file is (it's a database file i use to store game data). Maybe Avast doesn't like that, I'm not familiar with this software.
Cool.... made this exe an exception...

AnHorse

Aug 2, 2018
Game crashed on me twice, it was after I asked someone about sexual preferences the second time and I think that was the case on the first crash too.

NomadFunbite

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2023
Game crashed on me twice, it was after I asked someone about sexual preferences the second time and I think that was the case on the first crash too.
You're right I was able to reproduce this bug when asking sexual preferences with a high relationship (100). I'm sorry about this, I will fix this bug now and include the fix in 0.4.0. Thank you for reporting this ! :)

Reactions: AnHorse
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes