• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
DMD clone progressing at snail pace being redone. Yes, Mr Dots was somewhat milking it as well, but game was updated more frequently, with better story and with much more content.
Still, I had expectations for this game. Well, skipping this one and will come back after 5-6 updates if game has not been abandoned in a mean time.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Opens console and sets sanity to 99999 fuck that sanity shit I'll talk to her the way that I want to talk to her not talk to her the way the dev wants to force you to talk to her.

Your cook started to stiffen. Where's this cook at and why are they stiffening?

Reactions: AnotherLurker

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
Opens console and sets sanity to 99999 fuck that sanity shit I'll talk to her the way that I want to talk to her not talk to her the way the dev wants to force you to talk to her.
1466718984455.jpg
I like the cut of your jib, @myuhinny. When Hobson started giving you bullshit, you kicked Hobson in the balls.
We always have the option to not play by the rules others set out for us, as long as we're prepared for the consequences.

Reactions: unevenrm

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Game seems buggy started new game and it seemed to jump a lot of stuff and days then tried it a second time and now it seems to be playing it all correctly.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
The cook? It's the Cook In The Pants. It's stiffened cuz he saw dat fine ass. It's like bacon to the cook.. it brings back memories of fine ass bacon but there's no unrelated bacon around. O.O

Dude2020

Jan 10, 2018
Start over...? ugh... fuck that. Can someone share a save from the end of the last episode into this one to help us out? If so, would definitely appreciate that.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Start over...? ugh... fuck that. Can someone share a save from the end of the last episode into this one to help us out? If so, would definitely appreciate that.
Actually, some of my saves worked just fine. Others didn't. If you have some saves, just try a few.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Played it the first time and I think its ok. I think the setup is nice and could be used for some nice stuff.
BUT there needs to be a better "insanity" mechanic. Only drowning herself is lame. Depending on the progress she need to have other "endings". Maybe waste stuff/gets wasted (no death) but a last warning. Something like that.

When that mechanic gets fleshed out there could be a nice potential for multiple playthroughs. And because there is such a limited number of characters this could be a good way to give some complexity to the game.

I think that there should be more branching in it - all in all we have only 2 characters on one small island.

Edit: And I dont care that the daughter/girl is such a bitchy and unlikable character. You cant choose your children or the ppl that get stranded with you ^^ - thats why I think more branching and complexity would help here to react better to her and handle her behavior. Instead of changing her, use that as an advantage for a uniquer game/story. Innocent and unknowing angels are in so many games - to handle a little bitchy girl can have its own appeal.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
So, from what I'm reading here, it should be named "Insanity" version, since the daughter is suicidal now (which is a psychological / psychiatric problem) and also the game itself is a lot more insane than it's ever been already XD
Who could've expected that to happen?! <- being sarcastic here

Reactions: fauxplayer

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I would have expected a little more from an update and not a re-work from the old stuff. (More new Stuff, Lesser Old Stuff Re-worked) The sanity system, what should one say much besides "well" (Not Bad, Not Good) :FeelsBadMan: ... for me it look now like a nice Fan Milking Method
I understand where you're coming from, but the dev made it clear several weeks ago that his plan was to rewrite and re-render the earlier game to make it "better" (lol!), so this update is pretty much what should have been expected. And in most cases I would agree with you about the milking, but anyone who has pledged to this game so far probably doesn't feel milked... They've been supporting a pretty stupid project so far, so I imagine they don't feel jilted now.

So, from what I'm reading here, it should be named "Insanity" version, since the daughter is suicidal now (which is a psychological / psychiatric problem) and also the game itself is a lot more insane than it's ever been already XD
Who could've expected that to happen?! <- being sarcastic here
On the plus side, some of the more ridiculous eye-rolling dialogue from the original versions has been replaced by slightly less ridiculous dialogue in the context of a father and daughter surviving a plane crash and finding themselves alone on a deserted island. To be honest, if this was the very first time I'd every played through this game, I'd be meh and wouldn't be too harsh. But the fact that the dev realized his initial offering was ridiculous and then spent weeks re-working it to provide his patrons with this version is... wow (not in a good way).

But you know what's funny? Here I am bashing this update, this game, and this dev, but for some bizarre, inexplicable reason I'll be looking forward to the next update!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe it's not that bizarre and inexplicable.... :)

U

User_10739

I actually enjoyed the reboot, the next update should be good.
Having been a parent of 2 girls going through the age of D I can relate to being treated like crap for having their best interest at heart. Lord knows at that age I made my poor parents life absolute hell without being stranded anywhere.

Yes as a gamer I seriously wanted to smack D in the melon repeatedly with a coconut but I found if you take the "eat all the shit she has to serve" route, you are rewarded...
And if you want to throw shade at the game, let it be for this:

Wood.jpg

Just what exactly are these nonflammable trees made out of? :p

Bridget_The_Nun

Certified Benis Inspector
Donor
Jan 20, 2017
I actually enjoyed the reboot, the next update should be good.
Just what exactly are these nonflammable trees made out of? :p
Of a material too hard to punch out a hole in.
Also a regular person wouldn't know how to make a rock axe head so those tree's might as well be mountains cause ain't no one climbing them into a fire.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes