Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
You guys act like a person's full-time job and life suddenly disappear once you start making more than $100 on patreon. You aren't buying a service there, hell, 99% of you aren't paying shit anyhow, so what's with the whining? 2 grand a month, woopadeefuckindoo. Like that amount of money magically increases free time, render speeds, coding ability, and the desire to put out a game month after month for a bunch of stupid bitches that don't even contribute to the project! Take your own advice and stop coming to this thread every month. It's like you're retarded and can't even help yourselves do something as easy as that.
Well i pledge so my point is valid. Especially of you listen to the devs bs of im working 5 hours a day on the game. Now 5 hours a day is not alot considering how many hours most devs do. And i expect the updates to be small but not this small. Especially when you have a dev bragging about how quick it is to render images. And any person with a brain cell would create pre renders and que them up when they are finished those 5 hours of work. That way they render when your not able to work on the game and you get more images. Imho i am very dissapointed atm but will remain a pledge in the hopes the next update with his apparent new gfx card is longer. Its never a good sign when a game lasts less time than i do in bed with my wife. Honestly last 3 updates have been more dissapointing than a night with me. And that is saying something as i am pretty bad.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think the old banner for Lewd Island was better at visually communicating the game. Hot girl on a beach.
The new one lets a potential player know there is a hot girl in the game but take away the words as a reference and the game could be about anything. Kinda looks like an intro for a old sci-fi series ala Twilight Zone or Outer Limits.
Plus a hot girl in tiny bikini on a beach always is an attention grabber. But maybe that's just me.

Reactions: Centurion

marvin187

Nov 4, 2017
so far the only thing that doesn't ruin this game, is being able to use old saves. if playing through this meant starting over every time to inch your way through the story by a fraction of a day at a time, it wouldn't be worth fallowing. I like the game and appreciate it, but the writing alone seems evident that this game is going to take a long time and if people become uninterested the game will remain incomplete.

Reactions: RustyV

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
if I was a dev I would use the money that I got form my patreons to build a fast pc to render . and after I build 1 top pc . I would use the money again to start building the 2nd pc and keep doing that intill I have about 2 or 3 super fast pc. that all they do is spit out render after render. but that's just me. and £2000 a month is a full time job in the uk. if I was getting £2000 a month min I would give up my job and work on the game 10 hours per day. 6 days a week

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Its never a good sign when a game lasts less time than i do in bed with my wife. Honestly last 3 updates have been more dissapointing than a night with me. And that is saying something as i am pretty bad.
ouch mate, that hurts just by reading it xD. your wife must be a rainbow in the clouds or something.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
A shitty rendered picture (render time only) takes about 30 seconds on my PC.
A decent rendered picture (render time only) takes about 2 minutes on my PC.
A high quality rendered picture (render time only) takes about 10 minutes on my PC.

This games rendered pictures are decent and not high quality so even with a shitty PC the rendering part is not the issue here.
The issue must be either programing (yes i dont know shit about that)
or making the models and interact with them. You know how certain characters stand etc. (i tried and its a freaking nightmare)

If the rendered images would be like BB in quality i could understand it but since they are not it has to be something aside from rendering.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well i pledge so my point is valid. Especially of you listen to the devs bs of im working 5 hours a day on the game. Now 5 hours a day is not alot considering how many hours most devs do. And i expect the updates to be small but not this small. Especially when you have a dev bragging about how quick it is to render images. And any person with a brain cell would create pre renders and que them up when they are finished those 5 hours of work. That way they render when your not able to work on the game and you get more images. Imho i am very dissapointed atm but will remain a pledge in the hopes the next update with his apparent new gfx card is longer. Its never a good sign when a game lasts less time than i do in bed with my wife. Honestly last 3 updates have been more dissapointing than a night with me. And that is saying something as i am pretty bad.
Now i feel sad for you but envy you for your wife.
I turned my ex down on sex once cause i wanted to finish my chapter (writing) and she almost tried to murder me the next day during sex by strangling me and screaming at my face.
damn now i miss my ex XDDD

Edit: Dang double post please dear mod senpai dont murder me :(

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
A shitty rendered picture (render time only) takes about 30 seconds on my PC.
A decent rendered picture (render time only) takes about 2 minutes on my PC.
A high quality rendered picture (render time only) takes about 10 minutes on my PC.

This games rendered pictures are decent and not high quality so even with a shitty PC the rendering part is not the issue here.
The issue must be either programing (yes i dont know shit about that)
or making the models and interact with them. You know how certain characters stand etc. (i tried and its a freaking nightmare)

If the rendered images would be like BB in quality i could understand it but since they are not it has to be something aside from rendering.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

its purely lazyness, nothing else. sorry to be rude

Elyx_

May 7, 2017
Had a good laugh at the update, instead of producing more content due to countless complaints, dev decides to take it down a notch and reduce it by a half. And also include a bunch of seemingly failed renders.

Reactions: Wally79

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Yep, I don't say this often but it was a disapointing update. Too many renders for very few different scenes, last scene goes too fast and it doesn't work in terms of either : too few renders, wrong dialogues, uninspired shots framing or evrything at the same time. The main character is already a (pretty good) copy from DmD, so we expect more creativity in other aspects of the game.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
its nothing to understand... its stupid
Well, that's the nice thing about living in a free society - you smart guys can download and play games you know doesn't have enough content for your liking. And us stupid guys can wait until it does have enough content. LOL. Put down the bong.

Reactions: Firsk

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
The game is quite poor when it comes to story. 5 days on an island during which not much happens, the girl is not quite as panicked as she should, she kinda hides from the boy, then all out of nowhere she grabs boy's prick and almost goes to town with it. Also, this story is written as if it's a father and daughter ordeal on a very small island. The renders are not as bad as some claim them to be. Seen far worse in games that had better successes. The only thing that bothers me in this game is that the days are too short, not much happens, there is not much in relationship building or corruption and you also control the female a few certain times which feels cheaty. I don't understand the dream bit at the end of day 4, kinda spoils a ton of what could be, and, as people already pointed this out, storytelling is not the dev's forte. The idea has a ton of potential but there is little to no content to exploit it. Modders don't waste their time with it either so this is bound to die before it becomes interesting. I hope I am wrong though.

Reactions: jacastros

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
if I was a dev I would use the money that I got form my patreons to build a fast pc to render . and after I build 1 top pc . I would use the money again to start building the 2nd pc and keep doing that intill I have about 2 or 3 super fast pc. that all they do is spit out render after render. but that's just me. and £2000 a month is a full time job in the uk. if I was getting £2000 a month min I would give up my job and work on the game 10 hours per day. 6 days a week
The problem is most devs. won't be making $2600 (£2000) a month for years, as theoretically you can with a stable job.
However it would appear you are correct about reinvesting in your business. For most businesses one of the hallmarks of a successful business is reinvesting in the business. Using your business as an ATM is a recipe for failure.
Making games is a business and a business is just a machine to make money, if it's not then it's a hobby. So yeah a dev. that can should reinvest in better equipment to generate a better product to make more money.
I have no way of knowing this dev.'s situation, or mindset for making the game.

Aren't taxes crazy high in the UK? Seems like it would take more than £2000 a month to live well.

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
The problem is most devs. won't be making $2600 (£2000) a month for years, as theoretically you can with a stable job.
However it would appear you are correct about reinvesting in your business. For most businesses one of the hallmarks of a successful business is reinvesting in the business. Using your business as an ATM is a recipe for failure.
Making games is a business and a business is just a machine to make money, if it's not then it's a hobby. So yeah a dev. that can should reinvest in better equipment to generate a better product to make more money.
I have no way of knowing this dev.'s situation, or mindset for making the game.

Aren't taxes crazy high in the UK? Seems like it would take more than £2000 a month to live well.
40 hours per week for a norm job would give you about £300 before tax

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes