Dc345

May 27, 2020
Dumb Question: Is there any explanation as to why every time Nikki appears in a poster or billboard she is staring directly at us?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Quick question when the message " pareidolia would like to connect" appears, selecting no crashing the game. Is this a bug or a feature lol?
Feature, technically. There's multiple times where the game shuts down if you don't do what the game wants, or if you cheat at one point if I recall.

It's kind of a "free will is merely an illusion" thing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: OnlyHeStandsThere

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Quick question when the message " pareidolia would like to connect" appears, selecting no crashing the game. Is this a bug or a feature lol?
Feature, technically. There's multiple times where the game shuts down if you don't do what the game wants, or if you cheat at one point if I recall.
To be clear, it specifically calls a 'quit renpy' flag. So it's not a crash, it's a deliberate quit command.

Feb 11, 2022

It's kind of a "free will is merely an illusion" thing:
To be clear, it specifically calls a 'quit renpy' flag. So it's not a crash, it's a deliberate quit command.
Had a feeling it was intentional. Thanks

Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Here's something people can help me with conjuring up possibilities about the most recent reset.

From the past resets, the situations Sensei was in were more or less depicted as him trying his best to regain consciousness from extremely insane acid dreams. These strange conditions, presented themselves to Sensei and players in the form of puzzles, were likely products of the collapsing existence of Kumon-mi itself.

But this is not what we have during the 5th reset (or least in Untitled). What we see here is Sensei being kidnapped to attend some charade TV program while the world outside is ending. By game design, the ten-questions without a doubt is a reset puzzle. However, by how Sensei finds himself in the situation, it is technically not a reset puzzle. This time the puzzles can't even be summed up to interpretations of breaking oneself out of insanity due to the world ending; the process is hijacked by a certain party (assuming the certain party being team HOPE) that also deliberately sets obstacles under an unknown premise.

It's like if Long Maya didn't kidnap us, then we might actually need to answer some bullshit based on the coffee monologue LOL

We've seen the presence of Gods sprinkled here and there during the previous resets but never this main-focused and forceful. So the question naturally goes to what's their goal this time in particular?

We received our ultimatum at the beginning of the 5th reset regarding our lack of tribute to HOPE. So this may be deemed as some kind of direct intervention/punishment on HOPES's end to have things in its favor again. However, judging from how the whole TV show is structured, it is apparent that Long Maya intends to indefinitely trap Sensei within the time between sleepover to the TV show. Moreover, she might be up for hard resetting Sensei when Himawari bails on factchecking.

So what is Long Maya trying to achieve here? It is perhaps understandable that she'd consider trapping Sensei indefinitely as a mean to break Sensei into submission, and thus he would walk on the designated path afterwards. So in their scheme is more like the only way out is to yield and submit to HOPE rather than getting all the answers correctly. Because as it turns out, nailing all questions is basically impossible when it comes to Ayane segment.

When Long Maya forces your daughter to shapeshift into Ayane and asks you a question that will break her causality, the message it delivers is that the final segment is purposefully scheduled this way so that at least one of the two followings is ensured: Sensei not surviving this reset or Himawari's existence got got if she actually factchecked her own name, or both.

But if the last question is a hard-scripted fail for Sensei and he is thus doomed for a hard reset regardless, how does this benefit team HOPE and why are we receiving a final warning and a fake deadline at the beginning of Untitled if you don't have a chance to make tribute? Is this just an intimidation tactic? Or is this like HOPE's alternative, to basically get rid off the current iteration that doesn't cooperate anymore? Maybe the assumption of being hard reset is incorrect? Or maybe our understanding to why reset puzzles exist is incorrect?

Some other things not related but still interesting upon revisiting the 5th reset:
- Previously Amiokay is portrayed as some kind of victim to HOPE or to some High Will, but this time I feel like she has succumbed to HOPE and joined its team :(
- It might just be your daughter doing Tsuneyo's character really well plus some overthinking on my end, but during Tsuneyo's segment it feels like Long Maya is trying to trick her into giving away information regarding Mr. Tojo in the meantime.
Btw, meant to mention that Long Maya seems to refer to these reset puzzles as trials and interviews:
So, I'm thinking the only thing different about the 5th reset was that it was intended to be easier for some reason.

If I had to guess why, then it might be because there were around 5 characters involved this time. Long Maya mentioned that the girls (likely Maya, Ayane, Yumi, and Tsuneyo) were going through their own trials (reset puzzles):
Of course, there might also be Sara etc going through this stuff as well. Maybe even Yasu? Albeit she seems to have her own special room to survive:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If I had to guess why, then it might be because there were around 5 characters involved this time. Long Maya mentioned that the girls (likely Maya, Ayane, Yumi, and Tsuneyo) were going through their own trials (reset puzzles):Of course, there might also be Sara etc going through this stuff as well. Maybe even Yasu? Albeit she seems to have her own special room to survive:
"White room" could be a reference to a padded cell, or possibly the room with the clocks.

Granted, the room with the clocks might be a padded cell in the first place.

Now that I think of it, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest inspired the Phil Collins hit "Take Me Home," about a man who's been in a mental hospital so long he's forgotten life outside the facility. Infinite time, so to speak, which could be symbolized in the form of all these clocks in a padded cell. You also get the bird theme in the novel's title, and Rin's hearing of clocks ticking pair with her own mental illness.

Huh. This all clicked into place and I'm tired enough that I'll probably forget it come morning, but this all fits in a way.

bobmcbob15

Feb 29, 2020
Is there a way to remove the cheater tag from my save? Apparently I have it but I really don’t remember ever cheating. I’ve used the cheats once to test them but then I rolled back right away bc I didn’t want to have it on my save, but I just finished the 5th reset and my affection stats are all 0 and I want to do it again with no cheater tag.

Reactions: eieojjx

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
"White room" could be a reference to a padded cell, or possibly the room with the clocks.

Granted, the room with the clocks might be a padded cell in the first place.

Now that I think of it, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest inspired the Phil Collins hit "Take Me Home," about a man who's been in a mental hospital so long he's forgotten life outside the facility. Infinite time, so to speak, which could be symbolized in the form of all these clocks in a padded cell. You also get the bird theme in the novel's title, and Rin's hearing of clocks ticking pair with her own mental illness.

Huh. This all clicked into place and I'm tired enough that I'll probably forget it come morning, but this all fits in a way.
The "white room" is actually mentioned by Amy as well:
It's how Sensei apparently escaped the Pareidolia Mall in the 'Amy' Happy Event. By going through the hole in the white room.

Whether these are the same white rooms though, I'm not sure.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Is there a way to remove the cheater tag from my save? Apparently I have it but I really don’t remember ever cheating. I’ve used the cheats once to test them but then I rolled back right away bc I didn’t want to have it on my save, but I just finished the 5th reset and my affection stats are all 0 and I want to do it again with no cheater tag.
Use URM or any other mean necessary to edit your save, changing the flag cheater to false, and additionally editing all the stats back.

Reactions: crustlord12

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Use URM or any other mean necessary to edit your save, changing the flag cheater to false, and additionally editing all the stats back.
Yeah, use the URM, click the image in my signature.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

bobmcbob15

Feb 29, 2020
I downloaded URM and found how to change the "Cheater" to false, but it won't stay. I can change it to false, save the game, load that save up, and it will say true again. Am I doing something wrong?

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I downloaded URM and found how to change the "Cheater" to false, but it won't stay. I can change it to false, save the game, load that save up, and it will say true again. Am I doing something wrong?
Try rolling back then setting cheater to false then go forward once and see if it stays.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I can't remember the last time this thread was this dead. Here's a prompt:

Which three-way combination would you most want to see in this game?
For folks to sit and ponder and not forget anyone i quickly made this:
As for me, Kirin and Nodoka preying on Sana.

spam24601

Nov 14, 2017
I mean this game has always been extremely questionable. Most of us would probably lose our jobs if it came to light that we play this. Sel himself has also demonstrated some very questionable views (outright stating he felt teenagers are better looking than adults etc)
Kinda makes me wonder what Sel plans to do once LiL is done. He's essentially forced to keep making eroge since he can hardly put "I spend years writing an erotic visual novel about a teacher grooming a classroom of 15-year-olds" on his resume. Hell, even writing a story about less illegal themes in hopes of reaching a larger audience is probably pointless now that he's already been banned from mainstream funding platforms like Patreon, and may alienate his current funders who probably share his 'preferences'.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Kinda makes me wonder what Sel plans to do once LiL is done. He's essentially forced to keep making eroge since he can hardly put "I spend years writing an erotic visual novel about a teacher grooming a classroom of 15-year-olds" on his resume. Hell, even writing a story about less illegal themes in hopes of reaching a larger audience is probably pointless now that he's already been banned from mainstream funding platforms like Patreon, and may alienate his current funders who probably share his 'preferences'.
He's already planning his next VN.

4.20 star(s) 294 Votes