• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

hungchip

Feb 19, 2022
1705904765318.png
Version R33 always Not Responding when Opening.
Perhaps the game has not been optimized and uses RAM resources a bit abnormally.
Every time I open the game it always shows no response for a long time before I get to the main game screen.
There are some operations such as the Gallery button that has no response (Nothing happens after clicking).
I also tried the SaveUnlockEveryThing file pinned at the top of the Topic but nothing happened.
I also deleted all save files so I can play from the beginning normally but it seems like Gallery still doesn't work.

My system is probably not so low.
Intel Core i5 11400F
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super 6Gb
RAM 16Gb (Operating system uses ~3Gb Free 13Gb)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
View attachment 3285737
Version R33 always Not Responding when Opening.
Perhaps the game has not been optimized and uses RAM resources a bit abnormally.
Every time I open the game it always shows no response for a long time before I get to the main game screen.
There are some operations such as the Gallery button that has no response (Nothing happens after clicking).
I also tried the SaveUnlockEveryThing file pinned at the top of the Topic but nothing happened.
I also deleted all save files so I can play from the beginning normally but it seems like Gallery still doesn't work.

My system is probably not so low.
Intel Core i5 11400F
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super 6Gb
RAM 16Gb (Operating system uses ~3Gb Free 13Gb)
Yeah, that's not normal. I have the same setup (16gb ram, same gpu, different cpu), and the game opens up fine and works fine.
What should happen when you open up my game is that your ssd or hdd (depending on where the game is) goes to 99% as it loads up the files at the start... However, the application is hanging and it's not attempting to load anything.

My best guess is that either something is blocking the game from opening up (Typically antiviruses or other overlay apps), or your different language is causing issues. I had someone report (with a turkish PC) that replaying scenes and other functions wouldn't trigger, until he switched to English. He could open the gallery and play the game just fine though.

Make sure to unzip the game before launching it, and possibly test it in a simple location with no special characters.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hungchip

zort3131

Jun 13, 2022
In certain scenes the game freezes and I cannot continue. In the previous update, it was freezing right after the scene where we selected the element, now it freezes here.
1705982666519.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
In certain scenes the game freezes and I cannot continue. In the previous update, it was freezing right after the scene where we selected the element, now it freezes here.
View attachment 3288417
Can't tell for sure since you didn't share any log, but it sounds very similar to an issue a turkish player had previously... He fixed it by switching his computer's language to English. Some languages do not seem to be supported it seems, didn't really look too throughly into the issue yet.

Black6spdZ

May 6, 2019
will there ever be a way to progress our story mode route saves past R29/31? The dungeon was fun for a few minutes now is just monotonous and slowing the game

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
will there ever be a way to progress our story mode route saves past R29/31? The dungeon was fun for a few minutes now is just monotonous and slowing the game
Anything past R25 has always been the epilogue chapter, so last one. Each release focused on one or more routes until they were complete.
So, if you reached the end of a route on R29/R31, there'll be no more content for that route until the sequel. The only thing missing is the final scene which will then call a save screen to export your "World Save" which is what is going to get imported into the sequel.
The final scene is currently missing on all routes on purpose because there's no sequel yet, they'll happen roughly at the same time.

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Yeah the "now go mess up on purpose" is a hard ask as smart players just won't try to overuse it. Punishing Bell for being retarded is one thing but telling him to be a good boy and get kicked in the nuts is another. Could have been better by hiding the MP bar, telling the player they got magic, going out to learn their limits, and after some arbitrary casting count say they good. A sprinkle of more flavor would be at the half way point say how he's getting tired, three quarters tell how he's really feelin the burn, at the finish say that he knows much further will cause harm but he can keep going if he has to, and if that warning isn't headed then have him black out. It's a more logical conclusion instead of on the next viewing of jackass, man steps on rake to get hit in the face. Unlike the original it isn't a careless accident from a kid that doesn't know better it's intentional by a man who will suffer for them titties :sneaky:

Still if you choose the smart waifu you can skip the whole ordeal :WeSmart:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Yeah the "now go mess up on purpose" is a hard ask as smart players just won't try to overuse it. Punishing Bell for being retarded is one thing but telling him to be a good boy and get kicked in the nuts is another. Could have been better by hiding the MP bar, telling the player they got magic, going out to learn their limits, and after some arbitrary casting count say they good. A sprinkle of more flavor would be at the half way point say how he's getting tired, three quarters tell how he's really feelin the burn, at the finish say that he knows much further will cause harm but he can keep going if he has to, and if that warning isn't headed then have him black out. It's a more logical conclusion instead of on the next viewing of jackass, man steps on rake to get hit in the face. Unlike the original it isn't a careless accident from a kid that doesn't know better it's intentional by a man who will suffer for them titties :sneaky:
Hm... Yeah, I wanted people to discover as early as possible the negative effects of it due to chanting magic. Maybe during the refine process I will remove that quest objective, and simply put a small tutorial explaining the negative effects of mind down.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Game Development takes time, on Patreon and Subscribestar I am fairly transparent on the progress of the game each month.

On R35 I've finished all the content of the epilogue for all routes so that I can focus on R36, which is going to be the last release.

Unlike the previous releases, R36 will take longer than a month since there are many things I need to refine in order for this game to be considered and feel "complete".
Those are things like adding adding more spells, side quests, gameplay elements, and so on... Not things most players would find interesting, hence why I am not keeping a monthly release for this project anymore.

R36 will also have some content (Integration of Sword Oratoria, Demeter scenes, misc ones, ...), but that'll be only a minor part of the update.
Not sure how long that'll take, but since I want to keep a monthly release due to the subscription for both platforms being also monthly, I will be releasing a new project in the meantime.
You can read more about it here: (Public Post)

The game is already compressed.
The fiction you parody all have a pretty good plot, but the ecchi aspect ruins them because there's no alluded sex. It's just there to frustrate you. Like for Overlord, the animes really good, but who wants to see a bunch of ecchi if it leads nowhere? That's a major reason why I stopped getting into ecchi anime and went for serious ones (Cyberpunk - Edgerunners).

You do a good job of fixing that problem. I am curious though, when do you plan on making Overlord H and this game's sequels? After the DxD one?

And speaking of Edgerunners, you think you'd ever make a happy end game out of it? Stays close to canon, has routes with either Rebecca or Lucy, and then diverges near the end. I just don't know if it really fits your MO to be honest, you seem to be the person that fixes the ecchi aspect of popular anime.

Anyways, keep up the good work, looking forward to what you do next!

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You do a good job of fixing that problem. I am curious though, when do you plan on making Overlord H and this game's sequels? After the DxD one?
Legacy of Hestia II will continue its development alongside DxD one as a side game, after this one is completed.
Overlord H's sequel will happen before either one is completed. Considering the size of DxD, it's likely I'll be done with Legacy of Hestia II first.

And speaking of Edgerunners, you think you'd ever make a happy end game out of it? Stays close to canon, has routes with either Rebecca or Lucy, and then diverges near the end. I just don't know if it really fits your MO to be honest, you seem to be the person that fixes the ecchi aspect of popular anime.
I never watched Edgerunners, but isn't that an anime of a game? Cyberpunk 2077?

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Legacy of Hestia II will continue its development alongside DxD one as a side game, after this one is completed.
Overlord H's sequel will happen before either one is completed. Considering the size of DxD, it's likely I'll be done with Legacy of Hestia II first.

I never watched Edgerunners, but isn't that an anime of a game? Cyberpunk 2077?
The anime takes place before the game, but they're not connected aside from the overall world. Edgerunners was a PR move to regain interest for their formerly buggy game, and it succeeded by a landslide. If you haven't watched it yet you really should, one of the best animes out there imo (Have some tissues ready though). It's 1 season only (One shot), and has 3 viable LI's. Lucy is the canon LI, but Rebecca and Kiwi are also very viable choices. You'll understand if you watch it.

1708074560443.png
Dorio, Maine, Lucy, David (Protag), Pilar, Rebecca, and Kiwi are pictured in that order.

Trailer:

Even if you don't make a game out of it, I can't reccommend this anime enough. 10/10 anime

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes