Mod RPGM Latex Dungeon Advance [v23.09.30]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Running into two kinda weird issues - the first I imagine is anticipated in that when I apply the patch (22_05_09) the menu says it's 22.04.08, but the second is that fairly frequently I'm having the game not detect a keyboard or something similar as it just fully stops responding to key presses or inputs. No controller plugged in, no additional keyboards / mice / other peripherals that could interfere, it just fully stops working for seemingly no reason. The first time it happened to me was at the very start, where I would leave town to go to the forest for the first time and then immediately go back into town, which would result in the loss of control. If that's already been encountered by someone and fixed before then please do point me in the direction of the post for it, as for whatever reason the search on here seems to hate me with a passion.

Edit; So I disabled the ride-side-pictures in the menu after turning them on and that has seemed to resolve it, will go test it some more but thats incredibly bizarre if it is the reason for it. I noticed the issue would only occur after the picture 'refreshed' when I swapped to a new scene.
Talk a couple of times to the healer girl that she reset all of the certain triggers

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Having a weird bug where upon start-up I only move up and left, and receive no imputs from said directions. These keys work fine outside of the program.
Only Up and Left ? those are the 2 keys that change from a querty to a azerty keyboard layout ( W and A become Z and Q, and S and D stay the same )
Judging by your username, you probably have a azerty keyboard, so it's probably the game fault, maybe it have a plugin changing the keyboard layout from your azery to a querty ( not sure I haven't played it in a while )

Go in the game option and see if there is anything for changing key binding

If not, when you launch the game don't go full screen and check at the bottom right of your screen in the task bar, you should have something like this
1671547818240.png
Try to see of something change when you launch the game and if not try manually changing it while you're in game

Sep 30, 2022
Cannot find keybinding options, and bug happens upon start-up. You say it's meant to play with WASD? I move with arrow key Z and X. Is this something fixed by BugFix I couldn't get to work?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Cannot find keybinding options, and bug happens upon start-up. You say it's meant to play with WASD? I move with arrow key Z and X. Is this something fixed by BugFix I couldn't get to work?
Keybinding should be available in one of the F# keys, F4 maybe. Though there are a couple of other things you can check.

If your keyboard is old and worn, the keys might just be a bit fucked. That's unlikely if you don't have issues outside this game, but mentioning it. The more likely thing is if you have any other controller plugged into your computer. A gamepad, joystick, second keyboard or any other peripheral like that which RPGmaker can get inputs from may be the problem.

Sep 30, 2022
Keybinding should be available in one of the F# keys, F4 maybe. Though there are a couple of other things you can check.

If your keyboard is old and worn, the keys might just be a bit fucked. That's unlikely if you don't have issues outside this game, but mentioning it. The more likely thing is if you have any other controller plugged into your computer. A gamepad, joystick, second keyboard or any other peripheral like that which RPGmaker can get inputs from may be the problem.
100% a program problem. Found key rebinds but do not understand. Keyboard is completely functional and only fails within program. Screenshot_20221220_111732.png

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
100% a program problem. Found key rebinds but do not understand. Keyboard is completely functional and only fails within program.
To point out again, ANY other peripherals can fuck this up if they have drift / are stuck in one direction. So make absolutely sure you don't have a controller, joystick, racing wheel, flight simulator, ecetra plugged in. You could also plug in a controller and play using that.

Also, something you might need is to restart your computer. Sometimes that's all that's needed to fix some issues. I used to have this kind of issue with an old game on a different engine (Baldur's Gate 2, on the Infinity Engine), and restarting the computer was the fix.

As for keybinds, I guess this version of RPGmaker didn't have rebinding for direction controls. Been a long time since I looked, so I didn't remember. To explain what they are, there are a set number of keys that RPGmaker will recognize, listed on the left of the columns. The drop down menu lets you select which game function will be recognized. The dropdown list is generally C = accept, B = cancel / open menu, A = dash / skip dialogue, L and R = move menus left / right (like looking at character 1's equipment, L/R will let you switch to character 2's equipment without backing out of the equipment menu). X Y Z vary depending on the game, but often include hiding dialogue boxes and standing character images on the side of the screen.

superbob9001

Dec 12, 2022
Love the game! I'm stuck here in the demon area after going through the metal door and losing to the 2 unbeatable demons. Looks like stairs to go to the pentagram but can't??

demon womb

Dec 8, 2022
I am literally trying to download this but the download just gets quarter of the way then straight up fails and restarts over and over, Please fix.

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Love the game! I'm stuck here in the demon area after going through the metal door and losing to the 2 unbeatable demons. Looks like stairs to go to the pentagram but can't??
The pentagram way isn t finished

Did they gave up adding on to the game?
Search for time and muse

I am literally trying to download this but the download just gets quarter of the way then straight up fails and restarts over and over, Please fix.
I upped it again maybe it help. Otherwise the usual stuff deactivate your VPN your AntiVir (only for the download I think I can say that it s Virus and Troyan free otherwise the game would already be banned from here)

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022
So, my only complaint so far is window size. I don't know I this just me not knowing if there is a setting to fix this but I noticed that the monster imagines get cut off & even some to of the flavour text. This also an issue with battles as well as Raven's status bar is the only clear one show, the others go off screen (at least for her/players allies) which can be an issue when trying to tract status or buffs.

Also, will we get more NPC corruptions? Or have I just not discovered them all because I can't seem to figure out how to corrupt the shop owner whose shop is against the city wall & the nuns. If all the NPCs can be corrupted then I don't mind a headsup just don't tell me how because discovery is part of the fun.

RuneStonekek

Aug 17, 2021
I'm not sure if I'm the only one this has happened to but I think I'm soft locked from the game? I have all the orbs and scrolls as such but as soon as I give the girl in the tent one the scrolls she keeps telling me to look for the rest even though i have everything. kinda stuck and confused asking for some help if possible

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm the only one this has happened to but I think I'm soft locked from the game? I have all the orbs and scrolls as such but as soon as I give the girl in the tent one the scrolls she keeps telling me to look for the rest even though i have everything. kinda stuck and confused asking for some help if possible
The quest line isn t complete

So, my only complaint so far is window size. I don't know I this just me not knowing if there is a setting to fix this but I noticed that the monster imagines get cut off & even some to of the flavour text. This also an issue with battles as well as Raven's status bar is the only clear one show, the others go off screen (at least for her/players allies) which can be an issue when trying to tract status or buffs.

Also, will we get more NPC corruptions? Or have I just not discovered them all because I can't seem to figure out how to corrupt the shop owner whose shop is against the city wall & the nuns. If all the NPCs can be corrupted then I don't mind a headsup just don't tell me how because discovery is part of the fun.
Use the "F" buttons for the window size.
You can corrupt all of the shop owner except for me.
Three of the girls inside the hospital
And the one near the pond

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022

That I understand but for some reason things still get cut off. That also, doesn't fix the monster encyclopaedia which suffers fro

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022

That I understand (which thank for making that clear in your game vary helpful) but things still seem to get cut off (maybe a weird glitch on my end) but that doesn't fix the a similar problem that happens with the monster encyclopedia.

Thanks for the great mod keep up the good work

Reactions: kamina666
4.40 star(s) 10 Votes