septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
The problem with that is the PC requierments would increase too.
And, as most dev's are aware, players want AAA graphics games, but they want them on 10 years old potato PC's...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BF3, it still looks good in spite of trying to go for realism, it had 64 players and at 1920x1080 Maxed out could run between 45-60 fps on a Gtx 560 a i5 2500K.

If I have a high range RTX series card, how is it justified for a game and I am not going to single out this game (which I like quite a bit) but 3D WEG games in general, how is it justified for them to run like ass when they got almost static environments?
This seems to be a rather ubiquitous problem that seems to affect the AAA industry as well, I'd like to show some of those "veteran" devs Red Faction guerilla being more dynamic than their games despite the lower requirements.

I like the twist too, but that is a also a game where you could spend more time on loading screens than in a session of Crash bandicoot.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BF3, it still looks good in spite of trying to go for realism, it had 64 players and at 1920x1080 Maxed out could run between 45-60 fps on a Gtx 560 a i5 2500K.

If I have a high range RTX series card, how is it justified for a game and I am not going to single out this game (which I like quite a bit) but 3D WEG games in general, how is it justified for them to run like ass when they got almost static environments?
This seems to be a rather ubiquitous problem that seems to affect the AAA industry as well, I'd like to show some of those "veteran" devs Red Faction guerilla being more dynamic than their games despite the lower requirements.

I like the twist too, but that is a also a game where you could spend more time on loading screens than in a session of Crash bandicoot.
You are comparing a multi millions ( if not billion ) studio with teams of 1-5 people :)))
Yes, you can achieve high quality graphics with low/ decent hardware requirements. But, you need to spend loads of time to optimise everything ( code, meshes, materials, etc ) and you need people with the knowhow to do it.

Unreal/ Unity provide a good balance between hardware requirements and quality by default, and that is what most game dev's are doing, just keep the default's. If I had 1 million $, I could deliver a AAA ( or at least AA ) project, but most dev's here don;t have that kind of money :), and I am pretty sure PoolSide doesn't have that kind of money either :D

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
You are comparing a multi millions ( if not billion ) studio with teams of 1-5 people :)))
Yes, you can achieve high quality graphics with low/ decent hardware requirements. But, you need to spend loads of time to optimise everything ( code, meshes, materials, etc ) and you need people with the knowhow to do it.

Unreal/ Unity provide a good balance between hardware requirements and quality by default, and that is what most game dev's are doing, just keep the default's. If I had 1 million $, I could deliver a AAA ( or at least AA ) project, but most dev's here don;t have that kind of money :), and I am pretty sure PoolSide doesn't have that kind of money either :D
Well there would be Bright memory, looks pretty good, done mostly by one person

But I understand this may be a rare occurence, still, surely it would be better to have a game that run on the average hardware as a basis, lest one alienates a good share of their crowd.

Maddison44

Aug 9, 2023
it's nice that the developer is actively involved in the discussion of the game. I have a question, will the clothes be updated or new ones added? I would like to have more choice

Dolner

May 9, 2017
Is official VR support still in the works? UEVR works well, but it comes with a lot of motion sickness because of all the camera movements.

4.50 star(s) 207 Votes