Ren'Py Abandoned Lara Choices [v0.1 Alpha] [MaxP/LVS]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
@coconuts , search engines tend to catch names and phrases much easier than ripped SFM models. Though there is hardly any danger. Patreon seems to be floating in the gray area in regards of copyright laws, plenty of people are making seriously good buck using big companies' IPs.

Also, you're wrong about Ubi. Eidos/Core Design are the original creators of the franchise.
About this, we will change the patreon page a bit and maybe the name of the game in order not to highlight so much the use of the model, but the game follows everything the same, it is just a experience of merging between SFM and renpy!
Thank u!

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
i do not see the point in version 0.1 uploads without any content or function. 4 rooms. no action.
It's just an alpha version, more actions will be added over time! Sorry I did not get stressed enough, thank you for the feedback

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
In Portuguese language is the first, but made in BR, there's others. Welcome. Dude what I can see now, is that I'm not alone.
Brazil is present here as far as I can see, we're just a little hidden, thank you very much!

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
If I had to guess, enough people have got fed up with no-content 0.01 releases that they're not even looking at them, which means no backers. So the Patreon crowd have started calling their pre-alphas 1.0 instead.

That'll work right up until the word gets around. Then folks will start ignoring 1.0 releases and the new games will start appearing as 1.3 or 7.43 or some such rubbish. And that'll work until people get sick of the whole sorry mess and largely stop looking at new games at all. Then it'll be down to word of mouth and a few brave souls who don't mind wasting their time downloading a 500meg renpy file that says "hello world" and has a picture of a standard Daz model with her top off...

Phew, did you ever find you didn't realise how much something was annoying you until you started trying to explain it?
Actually we should have waited a little longer to have released this alpha, there are still many things to be implemented, but the fact that forced us to post this alpha version was due to whether there was possibility of game if our idea was good enough, We are only trying to do something different using two different skills, animation and programming, but now that we know that the idea of the game was accepted, before launching the next version we will add a lot more things in order to improve the gameplay and ingame possibilities
thanks for feedback!

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
this anything to do with that tomb raider a slave is born game from a while back?
No, we're playing the game when we discover it, but we're trying to create something different from that

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
to make things clear....

the sfm modder is NOT the creator of the model. he just ripped it.

you better give credit to original owner than credit to an guy who rip models. this will allow you to avoid trouble and allow the sfm modder to avoid trouble too for pretending to be creator of another person copyrighted creation.

just saying... dont blame if you got troubles because of that
We are trying to stay away from even problems, I considered the possibility of this game by watching Studiofow ( ), they are well known and use third-party images, but I really believe that like the game Is not charged and it is only a game project, we will not have problems ... that's just what makes me comfortable. Many thanks for the feedback.

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
to make things clear....

the sfm modder is NOT the creator of the model. he just ripped it.

you better give credit to original owner than credit to an guy who rip models. this will allow you to avoid trouble and allow the sfm modder to avoid trouble too for pretending to be creator of another person copyrighted creation.

just saying... dont blame if you got troubles because of that

Are you high?

Reactions: maxp

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
We are trying to stay away from even problems, I considered the possibility of this game by watching Studiofow ( ), they are well known and use third-party images, but I really believe that like the game Is not charged and it is only a game project, we will not have problems ... that's just what makes me comfortable. Many thanks for the feedback.
you should take exempl on the creator of "clara raven" epoch.
obviously an tomb raider style, but geniously modified so totally legit to make money with it :)

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Brazil is present here as far as I can see, we're just a little hidden, thank you very much!
Yeah, Dude and there's others games made in BR - Wet Dreams is one of this games. I don't played, this way I can't talk if is good.

maxp

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
One of the things that motivated this project was the lack of renpy games with characters like Lara, Quiet (metal gear), Tracer (overwatch), Jill valentine...
We wanted to keep the character with its original model though ... but I believe that just as they do many animations in sfm using them ... the game would not be very different despite being a sequence of images in a logical sequence ... but thanks by tips

BearBears

Black helicopter
Donor
May 3, 2017
This thread needs a lot of moderating hands. 9 gamedev posts in a row.
Also clickbait 1.0 version.. which is 0.1 in our reality.

Pls fix :test2:

Reactions: j3wed and maxp

winter0s

Aug 5, 2016
Lara is in the destination of an expedition in Siberia aboard a ship in the Atlantic, but after knowing of problems with the travel time, it is necessary to please the crew to make the ship arrive as fast as possible...​

Good start dude! I liked the looks of it, but I am holding off this till its probably 0.4 or 0.5. I would like to play it all in one flow, till most of your plot and mechanics are in place. I will follow your progress though, good luck!

j3wed

Jun 26, 2017
Lara looks good.
A save bug and a translation bug nothing more.

Im kinda interested in this, it's something different. The ''story'' is game related and not completly retarded. They don't use daz which is pleasent to the eye. There's no fap content in the moment.
I'm actually looking forward to this, wow.

edit: what's up with the tags

Saruh Games

The grinding never stops
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
The game is looking really great, but using the name Lara Croft, won't bring liike legal problems for you? @maxp

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
you should take exempl on the creator of "clara raven" epoch.
obviously an tomb raider style, but geniously modified so totally legit to make money with it :)
Yeah, except they're using a 3D character model taken directly from the game. Changing the name would hardly save them in case they attract Square's attention. Highly unlikely, as I mentioned already. Sakimi Chan is making six figures a month by painting gaming characters and I haven't heard of an issue there.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes