Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
The amount of menu clicking I had to do to go from home to work is ridiculous.
Yeah, it surely needs some ease of use fixes. Still an interesting demo. I still don't see how he gets to the same level of erotic hotness that LR 1 was. The serum upgrade part with the hiring and stuff was kind of fun though.

what is the ratio?
Looks like it varies depending on the complexity of the serum. Mostly upgraded high $$$ serums can take 100 supplies, but be worth $700 to sell.

Reactions: mighty and dbp5ca

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
The reason most of us are bashing this game is because we know this dev's potential and this "game" is sorely lacking compared to his other work.

You really need to download and attempt to play it before you even try to compare it to the first game. It's so far and away from the first game it shouldn't even have the same name. The only similarity between them is that you're making potions - IF you can make them. After grinding away just to get somewhere I managed to hire two women and assigned them to departments according to their stats. When I went to those departments, there was nobody there.

In my personal opinion: it needs to be scrapped.
After having played around an hour i don't understand most of the complaints from people, i'm only using your post as it seems to cover most of them minus the models issue.

The version says 0.1.0 and is the first update after the tech demo, he has a whole new set of ideas for this game and is slowly implementing them and testing them so of course it's lacking compared to a complete game and comparing the two is pointless. Also if you truly know that the dev has potential then you should know that with helpful critique he will follow through and deliver a complete game.

"After grinding away just to get somewhere I managed to hire two women and assigned them to departments according to their stats. When I went to those departments, there was nobody there." i hired 3 women and they were there until night time, i was able to talk to them, compliment them, compliment their work etc. maybe you had a bug, if so in the alpha stages of a game reporting them helps the dev fix them and make the game better.

As for the models i really like them i think all of us should remember that everyone has different tastes and thats ok, i also prefer anime to disney animations that doesn't make me wrong just says i have different tastes and i don't have the right to complain about people who prefer disney animations because thats their right.

It's fine to say you don't like the game but then give helpful feed back while remembering it's barely an alpha.

It also helps to read the change-log
"After the tech demo is out my priority is going to shift from working on the base systems of Lab Rats 2 to producing the content that will fill it out. This means new clothing items, new dialogue, new actions, serum traits, sex descriptions, and so on. Once there is a decent chunk of content in the game and it is fun to play in it's most basic form I will schedule a v0.1 release."

he clearly says "Once there is a decent chunk of content in the game and it is fun to play in it's most basic form" 270 girls, clothing, mechanics to change cloths and bare bones of the business side of things seems like a decent chunk of content and it is in it's most basic form.

lets be helpful and try remember we all here have different tastes.

Reactions: Ratchet and Dank

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Well... it's very ambitious. It's not easy to take a hand crafted game like LR1 and generalise it in this way.

There's some good stuff here, if still fairly raw: The research/design/production loop looks like it could be fun, for instance. There are some interesting combinations there. It'll be even better if I can work out how to actually get paid for the serum I sell. The sex is a bit odd - kissing a girl you only just met counts as "fucking" and you lie down in the middle of the street to do it ... but that'll probably get smoothed over in subsequent releases. It gets better when you start feeding them serum: one girl got her sluttiness raised so high she never bothered getting dressed again, just wandered around in her thigh-highs and considered doggy-style to be an acceptable form of foreplay.

Lord though, those sex positions are buggy as hell. It's robust enough if you stick to kissing, fairly solid if you get a BJ, but every other position I've tried has needed to be debugged on the fly.

The interface needs a lot of love too. From the number of clicks to go from bedroom to "House Enterance" to Downtown to <Company Name> Lobby to wherever you want to go and another one for actually doing it ... it's cumbersome and annoying.

Still, Lab Rats 1 had its teething troubles as well, and Vren turned in one the other better games of its type in the end. So I have high hopes for this one. I just hope we get a bugfix for the broken sex actions fairly soon.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Agreed Lab Rats 1 started with some problems and developed into a pretty good game. That being said for a seasoned developer to post ideas and what his plans were for LR2 since last summer. People say I was unfair to Vren I don't think so. 1st page on this thread shows the cast of LR1 as a header. So I think so this is a demo it will have some people from the last game. NOPE!!! This demo should have come out B4 LR1 was completed. There is no reason a developer can not learn how his fans feel about his new game while still playing a current game. You people talking about milking memberships on other game threads but don't see this as one big Milking machine.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Mac version does not open and I have tried several different UNRAR programs...so far Windows version seens to run fine. BUT WHAT IS WITH THE NEW CHARACTERS??? Sorry...not to my taste... though the slimmer one is not bad, just so dark it is hard to see her features.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
I love the thought of a Lab Rats sequel, but what is being used for that woman model? It doesn't look like any assets from SBPR, so what's being used?

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
1st page on this thread shows the cast of LR1 as a header. So I think so this is a demo it will have some people from the last game.
Well, according to the posted roadmap he does plan to have the LR1 girls turn up as recruitables in the game, so I assume he's saving them for plot and getting the engine sorted out first. Although it would help admittedly if his name RNG didn't reuse their names for the generic girls.

You people talking about milking memberships on other game threads but don't see this as one big Milking machine.
I think that's probably a little harsh. He's clearly working very hard on the game, and I can understand him wanting to move away from Honey Select models to something more flexible. I'm happy to wait while he tackles the learning curve.

Reactions: Darkaura

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Looks like it varies depending on the complexity of the serum. Mostly upgraded high $$$ serums can take 100 supplies, but be worth $700 to sell.
How do you actually see the serum? I can research the effects, design the serum, research the design, but the precursor stock, produce the serum, mark them for sale and ship sold serum ... but I still don't see to generate any revenue. Meanwhile my one employee is eating company funds at a ferocious rate...

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
design the serum
During the design phase, it tells you what it will cost in supply and it's value when sold. I research out medical application and breast enhancement and use only those two to create a serum "Money" and I go up to $4K by day 15 pretty darnn quick, with a "5" procurement hire and a "5" production hire. I mark everything for sale in the evening and sell ~10 serum manually. Creating a serum with low value stats may barely break even.

I'm happy to wait while he tackles the learning curve.
Vren CLEARLY has some solid coding talent. I think he'll end up making something pretty awesome, though I still don't see how he tops LR 1. That was truly fappable.

Reactions: dbp5ca

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
The amount of menu clicking I had to do to go from home to work is ridiculous. I couldn't take it. .
From Vrens latest update:
"While this new version is out for testing I'll be working on some improvements for the public release on Friday. The biggest change will be replacing the current menu based movement system with a map based one, which should drastically reduce the amount of clicking you need to do to get anything done."

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Agreed Lab Rats 1 started with some problems and developed into a pretty good game. That being said for a seasoned developer to post ideas and what his plans were for LR2 since last summer. People say I was unfair to Vren I don't think so. 1st page on this thread shows the cast of LR1 as a header. So I think so this is a demo it will have some people from the last game. NOPE!!! This demo should have come out B4 LR1 was completed. There is no reason a developer can not learn how his fans feel about his new game while still playing a current game. You people talking about milking memberships on other game threads but don't see this as one big Milking machine.
Whoa, hold on a sec, are you seriously docking Vren points because a thread pirating his new super-pre-alpha demo didn't have accurate screenshots attached to it?? Come on, now. :confused:

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
As shinonen points out Vren didn't upload this here, and if you did read the OP post you'll see a link to his patreon page
there he clearly shows different screen shots for this game. You will also see that he does and is listening to his fans there and replying pretty quickly to them too, he also gives updates on progress and future plans.
As for milking he promised a complete game with lab rats 1 and delivered and he is clearly releasing updates for this one in a timely manner so he is doing everything he said he would.
take a moment and look at his patreon page and the OP all the information you need is on those two pages.

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
I'm a fan of LR1 and i liked the whole "training" with the slow corruption but didn't add the disgusting NTR.
  • Corruption
  • FFM threesome
  • Pregnancy
  • Incest

Except for the
  • Lack of events in general
  • Not being able to invite 2 girls at the beach
  • The lack of alternate sex events in the beach\ places
  • The resistance score still increasing even after at 150+ slut score ("A mindless fuck toy" description)
  • Nora's time to increase her score and lacks her events (like she always refuses to flirt over the phone even at 150+)
  • The majority of times is skipping through pointless dialogue (phone, the lab) and doesn't lead to anything, forcing the player to use the "serum" to get sex scenes.
But overall i liked the game and it had potential to continue on the events after the first game to focus on another family like the MC goes to study to college and finds a house to stay in and he has a bitchy but hot owner (MILF stuff) her daughters and the MC's aunt, Some hot teachers, schoolgirls and finally Stephanie to help him fabricate the serum to corrupt them to his liking and maybe occasional visits from the Mom\Lily\Nora\Alexia.
The objective could be him finally graduating and later on start his own industry (but keep his serum private for obvious reasons)

Lab rats worked because it had few characters that you had to "train" so it had more depth and care to the scenes and it was more interesting than LR2 that seems to have randomly generated girls (-- point for me) with a bunch of same-y locations with no difference and a pointless sex minigame.
The Daz models certainly don't really add to his favor, i would have preferred to have the Honey select models as the dev seems to have more skill in managing them than the DAZ models that look really ugly

Reactions: Rocklance

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Lab rats worked because it had few characters that you had to "train" so it had more depth and care to the scenes and it was more interesting than LR2 that seems to have randomly generated girls (-- point for me) with a bunch of same-y locations with no difference and a pointless sex minigame.
The Daz models certainly don't really add to his favor, i would have preferred to have the Honey select models as the dev seems to have more skill in managing them than the DAZ models that look really ugly
The "demo" out now is a tech demo / proof of concept. I'd give it a few versions before writing the whole thing off. He's learning how to use Daz models on top of building a system to generate content, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being pretty good in a few months.

Bob Barker666

Jun 15, 2017
So, early version stuff is expected to be rough. If you aren't into previewing things, I'd skip past this type of game state until it's more in the phases where you can evaluate it. I'd expect things to be rough and content lacking. That would be quite normal.

The developer has already executed one game and I quite enjoyed it. I don't mind using my imagination with the text and the images. I am not really into full text games but even some of those can be fine. While games with animations, etc are ok.... I find they take so much more space and time to develop that I'd rather the developer focused on gameplay, story and mechanics. For example, Superpowered doesn't have any animation at all and I find that to be quite fun. (Although, it is unholy grindy and I have no clue what the purpose of the combat system is at all.)

Version one of this game had a reasonable pace, reasonable text, etc... I'd agree with people who indicated they would like more meaningful plot/state changes to go with the text. I also found the time constraints and tradeoff choices to be a little odd. The premise was that is was time limited from the beginning so it wasn't terribly out of place.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing where this could go but would strongly suggest that if the first game wasn't for you... that you state what would have made it for you. If you can't, it's probably best to move along to a game that is more to your liking. What I would ask is that we don't demotivate the developer just because something isn't your style.

Thanks and respectfully submitted.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
"This sucks, it's all click, click, click. This isn't the Lab Rats I know, what the hell are yo thinking???"
To be fair, this game has an inordinate amount of clicking required to do even the most mundane of tasks. As I noted above, I really hope he streamlines the UI since it is really not enjoyable as it is.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
To be fair, this game has an inordinate amount of clicking required to do even the most mundane of tasks. As I noted above, I really hope he streamlines the UI since it is really not enjoyable as it is.
From Vrens latest update:
"While this new version is out for testing I'll be working on some improvements for the public release on Friday. The biggest change will be replacing the current menu based movement system with a map based one, which should drastically reduce the amount of clicking you need to do to get anything done."
He's already working on that.

Reactions: dbp5ca

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
also the clicking isn't that bad, it takes 4 clicks to go from your bedroom to downtown in this game and it takes 7 to go from your bedroom to map screen in man of the house. I think the lack of current content and activities in the different locations just makes it feel like more clicking.
But it's definitely going to get better with updates.

RasherX

Dec 22, 2017
Lab Rats 2 v0.1.1 Release

This version of the game tidies up all of the bugs found during the patron beta, as well as adds a number of quality of life improvements. The old travel menu system has now been replaced by a map which features a quick heads up of how many people are located in each section. General UI work (which will take up the bulk of v0.2) has begun with the start of a new main menu and a few tweaks to existing menus to ensure readability.

Can someone update the OP ?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes