Drontman

Nov 16, 2019
Sorry, but thats the way patches work on the Yu-Ris engine (even official patches). It may be possable to replace the files in update1 and repack it but it would make the patch almost the size of the entire game and in the worst case something might break in the process, too much hassle.
Understood, thanks again.

Samus007

Aug 26, 2022
The patch works great! Dunno if it'd be possible, but it would be amazing to get the cut and new scenes uncensored too. The gangbangs have a lot of cocks in them, would be nice if they were not so pixelated.

Night

Nov 7, 2016
The patch works great! Dunno if it'd be possible, but it would be amazing to get the cut and new scenes uncensored too. The gangbangs have a lot of cocks in them, would be nice if they were not so pixelated.
If someone provides uncensored versions of the images sure. If not then it's impossible. As for how it could be done, AI is probably the only realistic option but have doubts about the quality. Someone tried doing it a few years ago

Sep 23, 2021
is this pure visual novel or is there gameplay aspect like venusblood stuff? most other comment on the thread is about splitting game & decensor, i might have miss someone mention it.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
If someone provides uncensored versions of the images sure. If not then it's impossible. As for how it could be done, AI is probably the only realistic option but have doubts about the quality. Someone tried doing it a few years ago
Decensoring via AI has been a goal of mine for years...I've been trying with anime, but it's still far from a reality.

Haji975

Jun 26, 2023
I uncensored it using the cg from the Mangagamer atrocity which I up-scaled then resized to match the Redux version. Took a couple days to figure out how to get it into the game but I eventually found the tools I needed and made a patch.

Instructions

Drop pac folder into main game folder and overwrite or drop update2.ypf into the pac folder directly.

This patch replaces 1,230 images. Redux adds 508 new or restored ero images compared to the butchered mangagamer version. Only CG from the mangagamer version are uncensored, cut content and new scenes remain censored. All gallery thumbnails are censored, even if the scene isn't.

To uninstall simply delete/rename/move update2, it doesn't remove the original images, just makes the game ignore them.

Links below 1.27 gb. Feel free to upload it to better hosts I just picked ones i use occasionally and uploaded anonymously.

Can someone reupload this. The links are not working. Thanks.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I uncensored it using the cg from the Mangagamer atrocity which I up-scaled then resized to match the Redux version. Took a couple days to figure out how to get it into the game but I eventually found the tools I needed and made a patch.

Instructions

Drop pac folder into main game folder and overwrite or drop update2.ypf into the pac folder directly.

This patch replaces 1,230 images. Redux adds 508 new or restored ero images compared to the butchered mangagamer version. Only CG from the mangagamer version are uncensored, cut content and new scenes remain censored. All gallery thumbnails are censored, even if the scene isn't.

To uninstall simply delete/rename/move update2, it doesn't remove the original images, just makes the game ignore them.

Links below 1.27 gb. Feel free to upload it to better hosts I just picked ones i use occasionally and uploaded anonymously.

Sorry to bother you, but I can't download it.
Can you please re-upload it at least on gofile?

SlaveBeasts

Feb 7, 2023
No it's not translated or uncensored. vndb link for sequel:
Hello, could you help me with the programs needed to edit Kuroinu Redux? I don't know anything about programming but recently I managed to unpack a large file, there I found the files that I want to edit, now I have to repack all those files, but I don't know what program is used, nor how to use it. The only thing I want is to translate this Kuroinu game from English to another language.

Reactions: f9account

Night

Nov 7, 2016
Hello, could you help me with the programs needed to edit Kuroinu Redux? I don't know anything about programming but recently I managed to unpack a large file, there I found the files that I want to edit, now I have to repack all those files, but I don't know what program is used, nor how to use it. The only thing I want is to translate this Kuroinu game from English to another language.
This is the best tool for packing and other stuff that I found. It was made to assist japanese>korean fan translation.

You will have to translate the instructions but not the program itself, don't bother looking for something with a gui, command promp is your only option here.

If I remember correctly redux is version 500 you will need that for packing. The tool has a way of checking it though.

Here's more general info on working with the Yu-ris engine that the game uses, Keep in mind the thread has old methods listed, the korean tool is mentioned near the end and is better than the other earlier tools.

SlaveBeasts

Feb 7, 2023
This is the best tool for packing and other stuff that I found. It was made to assist japanese>korean fan translation.

You will have to translate the instructions but not the program itself, don't bother looking for something with a gui, command promp is your only option here.

If I remember correctly redux is version 500 you will need that for packing. The tool has a way of checking it though.

Here's more general info on working with the Yu-ris engine that the game uses, Keep in mind the thread has old methods listed, the korean tool is mentioned near the end and is better than the other earlier tools.
Thanks, but in the first link you send me the file is called "ToolForYuris_Ver1.20." and it only weighs 240 KB, and when I click on it to open the file, nothing happens.

In the second link there is an image of a program called "YU-RIS packager" and below there are 2 links, I thought that the program in the image would be there but it is only a file of an old game.

Also wanted to know if there is a simple way to pack.

For example when I used Garbro, all I did was drag the biggest file in there and then I right clicked it and hit extract, and that unpacked all the game files it contained.

And to edit the texts of the story I used Notepad++, and the only thing I did was drag a text file and then replace the English text with the language I need, then I hit save and that's it.

Like I said I don't know anything about programs or anything, but Garbro and Notepad++ were very easy to use, and even just opening them you can easily figure out how they work.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I always wanted to translate this game into my language so that I could understand the story.

Night

Nov 7, 2016
Thanks, but in the first link you send me the file is called "ToolForYuris_Ver1.20." and it only weighs 240 KB, and when I click on it to open the file, nothing happens.

In the second link there is an image of a program called "YU-RIS packager" and below there are 2 links, I thought that the program in the image would be there but it is only a file of an old game.

Also wanted to know if there is a simple way to pack.

For example when I used Garbro, all I did was drag the biggest file in there and then I right clicked it and hit extract, and that unpacked all the game files it contained.

And to edit the texts of the story I used Notepad++, and the only thing I did was drag a text file and then replace the English text with the language I need, then I hit save and that's it.

Like I said I don't know anything about programs or anything, but Garbro and Notepad++ were very easy to use, and even just opening them you can easily figure out how they work.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I always wanted to translate this game into my language so that I could understand the story.
To my knowledge no simple way exists.

Packager is buried in a folder that's included with the "example game" but it doesn't matter as I tried yu-ris packer myself and couldn't get it to work with redux probably an issue with the version.

The korean tool doesn't have a gui (graphic user interface) and needs to be run with command line (command prompt, powershell or similar), It's not programing but it's for advanced users. You can find tutorials online or try to get someone else to do it for you/walk you through it. The included "usage" picture shows the command format, the second one from the top is the packing command.

Reactions: f9account
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote