Ren'Py - Completed - Knightly Passions [v1.03 Steam Gold] [FEYADA]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Brojgh

Well I liked the game but expected way more.

There are almost no sex scenes except for one person.
    And those aren't really good, the animation of the faces are worse than in normal talk situations.

Otherwise there is combat. Quite a bit of it.

Story is pretty decent nothing really to complain about but nothing special too.

Story 4/5 writing is good
    Gameplay 2/5 kinda grindy combat
    Scenes 1/5 there are only a few. Some of them are pretty hot but the real action is almost not existing or not good.

Wouldnt play again until finished.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sensei02

As of v0.6a

I don't know what to say. This game is beyond amazing.
    Animations: 5/5
    Story: 5/5
    Development: 5/5
    Art: 5/5
    Soundtrack: 5/5
    Combat: 4/5 (I'm just biased against combat, but the combat system is definitely 5/5, and not grindy at all)

Looking for a game that has awesome sex, awesome story, not too slow not too fast? This is it. I almost think this is better than WhatALegend. And the art/characters in this game are A++. Hoping that the rest of the game continues to develop just like this.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

packor

Version: 0.5B
    Requires some polish, but quite promising. The game's currently on version 0.5C, but I've not played that version.

[Story]- Currently free roam. There is no time limit to achieving quests(except for one). There isn't much story so far, but the writing is good. It's not a serious story, but more about the exploits of the hero character.

[Gameplay]- Quite a grindy game. The battle system is not great. Mostly, you're just waiting for the slow animations to finish playing. You have to manually end turns even when you have no energy, but the battle mod can fix that last part. Battles are challenging/impossible without better skills/gear, so there is some progression involved. Most of the gear requires you to fight one or more particular mobs(to craft or buy outright, farming cash is usually much easier), and as mentioned, the battles are not that fun(yet), but it should improve in the future.

It can be fun trying to figure out how to progress the story quests, but the game does not give you many hints, so a walkthrough may be required. It certainly does not hold your hand, and you may miss things, like the bulletin board at the execution grounds. Definitely have to "explore" the backgrounds.

[Scenes]- There aren't many available at all. There are some very hot scenes out of the few you get. The elf faces are terrible in all the scenes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

claus001

Knightly Passions v0.5a is as generic game as you can guess: you talk to a fisherman and a new subplot begins, the writing is simple, and the combat is not very challenging but entertaining enough. While this might sound negative reasons not to play, it is quite opposite. Not every game needs to have a 4d chess plot with crafty villains. This game goes to basics and sticks at there. In other words this game is perfect if you after a workday want nothing too complex with your cold beer.

The main reason to play this game is of course the art: it is very well done with numerous details. The sex scenes are animated and there is always something to do, no annoying dead ends and grinding like in numerous other games! The music is good enough, but repeating, and combat could be more automated like no need to press end turn after using your action points. The plot itself is a bit clumsy, the main objective is to find your lost sister (even the main plot is named as "hot pursuit"). Yet it seems like MC is in no hurry to find her and spends his time on other trivial things. Actually the game is 3/4 of side quest, where your sister is remains at the bottom of the list.

Anyway, my review is a bit conflicting but the game is good. This game does not attempt to do anything clever, it sticks in very basics with good art. Play it anon and let your brains rest for a few hours ;)
  5. 4.00 star(s)

monk_56

Version 0.5 review
    Love where this game is headed.

*Art is absolutely gorgeous.
    *I enjoyed the card game combat system- but it needs more card variance to really be interesting.
    *Playing a MC character model that was beautiful but also strong was a nice change of pace from all the little wimps and ugly character models in games with Male MC.
    *Moving away from the original narratives where all the LI were whores improves the game dramatically- (whores make pp soft >_<)

Looking forward to the game as it progresses- hopefully the climaxes to some of these plot hooks will be slammin!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AH-64E

And here I thought I was done with Ren'Py games.

First and foremost, and this is obvious by the screenshots alone, the game is gorgeous. I found myself often just stopping, hiding the textbox, and appreciating the artwork. Everyone and everything just looks so good. Also, no one has grossly huge assets, all the breasts and asses are within the realm of realism (though their hips to waist ratios aren't, but that's fine). I'm so tired of G+ breasts on every character in every game. So S+ on character design.

Secondly, the characters and overall story are fantastic. The witch, especially, is my favorite. There were a few times where it felt like there needed to be more between two story points, but not glaring enough that it bothered me overmuch. Finally, it was always obvious how to solve quests, and to find new ones.

A few reviews complained about gold grind, I can say that's almost fully untrue unless you try to do some very weird things. I was able to beat all of the bosses currently in the game without ever upgrading any armor/weapons. The Witch basically throws a tons of potions at you for free during the course of a quest, and they can be used in battle without taking up a turn/stamina (though save them for bosses/multi-enemy encounters). Lots of items are just meant to be vendor trash, and if you ever find you need gold just go kill wolves or goblins for easy money.

I'd say this game's one fault is that there isn't more of it. As of 0.5a, it took me about 4-5hrs to exhaust the content currently available.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

wtf_man?

A game in a fantasy setting with stunning art, a rather interesting story, beautiful characters, and a well-designed interface. I recommend it to anyone who like games in a fantasy setting and who is ready to dive into the story before moving on to relationships
  8. 3.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

Has potential but in it's current state (0.4b) there were issues that I couldn't stand. Art is great and the story is decent. Gameplay on paper looks decent however the gold economy felt completely off to me, it was way too much grinding. Equipment costs hundreds of gold and some quests want hundreds too, even thousand sometimes and you can only get money from grinding the same mini-game over and over or grinding monsters. Balance felt off, very much grinding without much reward. Most of the stuff in the gallery is locked behind some events or bugged quest and in total there are a total of 2-4 what I would call proper scenes. The player attributes are not explained properly and feel imbalanced which can heavily punish a player by yet again increase grinding. Some options are bugged or reversed (such as the font setting), and overall I felt there was very little content - that could properly be the reason for the terribly balanced economy and gold aspects in the game, to enforce longer playtime by grind. I highly recommend just cheating the gold because otherwise it is a true chore.

However, if the gold grind gets balanced and more scenes get added I can easily see this becoming a 4 or even 5 star game.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

aezur

RPG with VN and sandbox elements.

Pros:
    Really cool art
    Good combat system
    There's upgrades and items, and some basic crafting
    There's a soundtrack
    There's some nice minigames

Cons:
    Soundtrack is fine for combat, but should be chanced to match the setting for the village, etc
    English needs some work
    There's a few light bugs
    Halloween and new year H scenes should automatically unlock at some point

Overall a very promising game, there's not a lot of content yet, but you can still have quite a lot of fun playing it. There's not a lot of H scenes yet, but the nice gameplay more than compensates for it. I would happily play this game even if it didn't have H scenes. But I do look forward to see what H materials the next updates will have.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

scull_fury

great art fun scenes and gameplay i've really gotta try to get it to two hundred words huh? well. once apin a time there waasz a frg, that frog lived on a log, that log was in a bog, and that bog was imaginary, so was the log and even the frog
  11. 5.00 star(s)

VersanyL

This game is much promising, art is incredible and still has a lot of room to grow. The developer is putting a lot off effort into creating a good game, turn-based rpg style, along with the addition of item creation (in the future), will make it ideal for players who like that style. looking forward to it in the future bqs it will be good.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Duckwater

Not much content yet, but the art is drop dead gorgeous and the sex animations are great as well. Story is bland and there is a small amount of grind, but the girls are extremely attractive which makes it worth it. The combat system is very promising, just not developed very far yet. It gets 5-stars from me because I love seeing this level of quality and art in independent games, even if it takes an eternity for more content to release.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

buff

The art is beautiful and that's a fact.

That being said-- the game simply isn't fun. Lots of bugs, an irritiatingly slow interface, "puzzles" that would bore a reasonably bright kindergartener, mediocre English. (Maybe the Russian version is better, to be fair.) It kind of reminds me of Innocent Witches-- slow/irritating gameplay sabotaging beautiful art.

If you're looking for an entertaining game this isn't it. Probably worth ripping the gallery though.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Norwagon

Art style is fantastic, h-scenes are also well animated. Only complaints are some minor grammar issues and same gameplay mechanics, but thats making a mountain out of a molehill. While the game is still a WIP, its genuinely high quality. High recommend from me.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

SusFB

Pros:

- Good art.
    - Has decent animation. Not astounding animation, but it's something compared to only still images.

Cons:

- Poor grammar/sentence structure (English). I often got confused as to what a sentence was trying to say/convey, and had to read plenty a few times to figure it out. Does not help that there is no rollback key as far as I can tell so I can't go to the next sentence to get a bit more context on what the sentences are trying to say/lead to.
    - Scenes and situations feel a bit abrupt. It feels like there's barely any build up to anything happening. Sister goes missing, get a note same day she's doing great, next day get another note with money from her. See a woman in a room, next moment having sex with woman in room. Maybe it's just me not reading the sentences right based off the previous point, but these sudden developments and scenes aren't my cup of tea.

I found it hard to get into the game due to the sentences confusing me quite a bit as well as the abruptness of the scenes.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

nrob

First game of 20 that I've taken the time to click stars for.

The art is great, the writing is solid, and the gameplay is clean. the only negative was inevitable "that's all for this version" message. Looking forward to what is to come!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

san4ez

Underestimated and very beautiful game, the plot and idea are just awesome.
    It's so sad that the game is in Early Access and gets so little attention. I highly recommend it to any player, from beginners to boredom-tired olds
  18. 5.00 star(s)

korbit

I've been looking for a similar game for a long time, and finally found it. Perhaps I'll start with the pros. The very first thing that catches your eye is a nice picture. The artist did his best. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that sex animation was added to the game (30 frames and more is better than 2 frames in sex). The plot is good here. The humor is not always the best, but the game tries to amuse you, and there was a moment with a hare in the forest when I laughed for a very long time. Characters - the authors have finally begun to reveal them. Yes, it doesn’t happen as fast as we would like. The characters here are gorgeous, both drawn and their characters.
    Of the minuses, I can note that there is no sound in the game. But it seems like the authors promise to make it in the next updates.

At this stage of development, I put it 5 out of 5. I will follow the development of the project further. I hope it will grow into a full-fledged good game that you will want to go through more than once.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Ghikert

Great game, great art and surprisingly good writing. The protagonist is an actual character which is surprising for these types of games and the writing for other characters is pretty well done, it's rare for me to actually become invested in the story of one of these games. As of version .3 there isn't a ton of content, but there's enough and what's there is very well made. Look forward to seeing how it turns out in the future.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Nehtai

Art is too good. And that's exactly what I mean. It's scary to imagine how much effort takes to made it. I afraid that author will drop it.
    Characters are fine. Geenger nun - best girl :love:
    Card game need some fixes. If fight is over before you shuffle your deck, in next fight cards will draw in the exact same order. Self casted spells like armor should auto target hero without pointing him. Faster animations wold be good too, but i dont know if it possible on this game engine.
    Very promising project overall.