Others Completed [KiriKiri Z][Completed, English] Creature reaction inside the ship! 2 [1.0] [Arekara4nen]

GlitchCo

Jun 13, 2019
When I try to start it both with and without the patch it just crashes straight without even an error message.
I am using Locale Emulator so it should normally work. Any ideas?

Dec 15, 2020
When I try to start it both with and without the patch it just crashes straight without even an error message.
I am using Locale Emulator so it should normally work. Any ideas?
Only time I've seen one of this devs games crash was due to the file path being too long.
Did a krkr.console.log file generate in the savedata folder? That might have a clue.

GlitchCo

Jun 13, 2019
Only time I've seen one of this devs games crash was due to the file path being too long.
Did a krkr.console.log file generate in the savedata folder? That might have a clue.
It only creates a dmp file without any information. I don't have a savedata folder to begin with, do I just need to create an empty folder for it? Here's how my MR2 folder looks if that helps, without the patch currently due to just wanting to see if I can make it work first. Is the file path in general too long? Cause it worked just fine with the other two Reaction games in the same overarching folder.

Screenshot_177.png

Dec 15, 2020
It only creates a dmp file without any information. I don't have a savedata folder to begin with, do I just need to create an empty folder for it? Here's how my MR2 folder looks if that helps, without the patch currently due to just wanting to see if I can make it work first. Is the file path in general too long? Cause it worked just fine with the other two Reaction games in the same overarching folder.
Yeah, that looks like everything is there, there's not a savedata folder to begin with, one gets generated on startup like right away normally. The file path doesn't look like it's too long, either. If you post the crash dumps I could try taking a look.

GlitchCo

Jun 13, 2019
Yeah, that looks like everything is there, there's not a savedata folder to begin with, one gets generated on startup like right away normally. The file path doesn't look like it's too long, either. If you post the crash dumps I could try taking a look.
Zipped the .dmp files since otherwise it doesn't let them through. I've never been too savvy with these types of files, so are these the right ones?

Dec 15, 2020
Zipped the .dmp files since otherwise it doesn't let them through. I've never been too savvy with these types of files, so are these the right ones?
OK, I used WinDbg to look at the file and you're getting a virtual memory access violation (Access violation - code c0000005), which sucks because that's one of the most general errors out there, it could be a ton of things. I'm not an expert on these kinds of files myself, but looking at the stack trace, it looks like the problem is maybe on Locale Emulator's side, something is going wrong creating a font (though there is a message in the stack trace between Locale Emulator and some Win32 system functions that some info is unavailable, I don't know how that impacts this analysis).

I'd try running the game after changing your system locale instead of using an emulator to see if it really is Locale Emulator that is messing up, then try updating your version of Locale Emulator. Hope this helps!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: GlitchCo

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
I am not seeing any english subtitles with the patch, is it really the right one ?