• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
wait you guys have DR on hold and waiting for a proper KE translation?
I just worry too much to get "the best first experience possible" because I don't play a game twice, and I'm really eager to play this one, seems just too good, so I'm saving it after KE (also I prefer to play on release order)

Bad End

Mar 11, 2018
I just worry too much to get "the best first experience possible" because I don't play a game twice, and I'm really eager to play this one, seems just too good, so I'm saving it after KE (also I prefer to play on release order)
I knew when I played some of Demons Roots and got chrono trigger vibes from the intro it'd be good.

Reactions: PunpunRen

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
From what I've heard it's recommended to play KE first to get the best enjoyment. Is that not right? It's not like I can't wait to see if any better translation comes out, so have just been holding off. Demons Roots is like the cherry I'm waiting to eat...
"to get the best enjoyment" come to think of it you're correct, I really should have played this first, it was really heart-wrenching

Reactions: Nijinda Futatama

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
I knew when I played some of Demons Roots and got chrono trigger vibes from the intro it'd be good.
same, plus the art is beautiful, the story and world seems complex and deep, and it has most of my favorite fetiches (like mouth gags), not every game has them, and it's amazing it's all in the same game, seems tailor made for me

Reactions: Nijinda Futatama

Za_Matador

Dec 3, 2019
From what I've heard it's recommended to play KE first to get the best enjoyment. Is that not right? It's not like I can't wait to see if any better translation comes out, so have just been holding off. Demons Roots is like the cherry I'm waiting to eat...
No, you don't have to play KE first. They take place in similar-but-alternate universes. There are cameos and references, but nothing critical to the story.

Bad End

Mar 11, 2018
No, you don't have to play KE first. They take place in similar-but-alternate universes. There are cameos and references, but nothing critical to the story.
I was under the impression it was the same world or something that had characters that mattered in the other based on that timeline. So it's completely standalone and just has nods to the other game?

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
When I played it before years ago, the game crashed shortly after meeting the blind girl.
Is it still the same?

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
I'm stuck at Kutan fight. He almost always does AOE spell every turn, wounding my guys from full HP to under 50% HP and someone always dies if he gets another act in the same turn. My guys are too busy with healing+reviving from second turn onward since there's no AOE heal.

My guys levels are at lv20-21 at this point, guess it's too low.
To think that "past party's level" is as much as important as "present party's level".

I seriously believed past Geo's level would never exceeded her present self's level at the beginning of the game, and seems like I was seriously mistaken.

Also, is it possible to switch member if there are more than 4 people in party? At some occasions in past events there is the 5th person in the party menu.

Za_Matador

Dec 3, 2019
I was under the impression it was the same world or something that had characters that mattered in the other based on that timeline. So it's completely standalone and just has nods to the other game?
Anything of relevance from King Exit is fully explained in Demon Roots, including shared backstories and characters.

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
Where to get the third isolation key? It unlocks the door of the cell left to Geo's cell.
Already on the part where Geo can keep her new power permanently.

I have been seeking help from this channel whenever I have no idea about the next destination.
However it shows it can already open that third isolation cell door but didn't show where he got the key from.

Either way I failed to beat that OP girl boss. She keeps spamming 11000HP heal.

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
Anything of relevance from King Exit is fully explained in Demon Roots, including shared backstories and characters.
hello, so you say that playing this mtl version of Kings Exit would be enough to have a good experience with Demon Roots?

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
If anything, you'd be better off playing Demon Roots first since it has a better translation and will help you understand what some of the bad translations in this game is supposed to be referring to.
it's that bad... well, i'll take your word for it, and i do hope automatic translations or minor effort ones get better with AI advancement... and thank you for your suggestion!

Lambda777777

Apr 25, 2020
personally i'm still resisting playing demon roots because i want to do the games in order of release, i'm watching quick nail aristocrate's post on dl site and there's still nothing, but it should happen soon since the chinese and korean translations have been done the english one is the last...

Deathpolca Devotee Mamoru

Formerly 'MamoruWakahisa'
Oct 11, 2017
personally i'm still resisting playing demon roots because i want to do the games in order of release, i'm watching quick nail aristocrate's post on dl site and there's still nothing, but it should happen soon since the chinese and korean translations have been done the english one is the last...
Here's hoping it's not too far off. I hope that Kagura is handling it, with how well they did the Demons Roots translation.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes