random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I have two questions about the bonus scenes
1. Is there any way to get them for the Android build?
2. Do they happen as the game progresses, or are they only accessible through the gallery?
As far as I know android ports are unofficial, made by other users.
Thus for you to have bonus scenes on android you'd have to find an android port done on those builds.
Alternatively, you'd have to convince someone who does said ports to port to android a JDModded version of the latest build.

lasttmp

May 24, 2018
As per their latest comment on patreon regarding a possible date for 6.0:
'Not yet, sorry. But expect an update with more solid timing from us in early September. We're getting close.'
I don't think it's gonna be earlier than around September 25th, if not later. Too bad, I'm really looking forward to play the next update, let's hope it will have a substantial amount of story/content!

Chudani

Sep 13, 2017
Can anyone explain to me what is the deal with the bonus parts? I am completely new in this game. So, first I downloaded the main game. after that I download the bonus parts. I can ran the game independently either from main game or the bonus parts. So what should I do? I am really confused.

Reactions: DJD

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Chudani, the bonuses are seperate from the main game and contain scenes with alterations, that did not actually happen in the story.
The first bonus looks like an old version of the game, to view the scenes got to Sabias tent and rest.
As for the other bonuses just start them and pick new game.

Reactions: Chudani

Chudani

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Chudani, the bonuses are seperate from the main game and contain scenes with alterations, that did not actually happen in the story.
The first bonus looks like an old version of the game, to view the scenes got to Sabias tent and rest.
As for the other bonuses just start them and pick new game.
Thank you very much for clearing this up. :)

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
If the devs can find some spare time from their favorite other beloved games, they will release the update alright. How dare you question their integrity and consistent development cycles. This game making more money for the devs than their other games doesn't mean they should prioritize of the development of this ok? I forbid everyone from criticizing this game until further notice! /s

Jokes aside, just look at dev's other game, the Last Sovereign's Patreon page and compare it with this game's. See how much more updates that game is getting and understand where the dev's priorities are.

Reactions: Barri

Draka232

Jan 21, 2018
Jokes aside, just look at dev's other game, the Last Sovereign's Patreon page and compare it with this game's. See how much more updates that game is getting and understand where the dev's priorities are.
From what I've heard Sierra has always indicated that The Last Sovereign has priority.

I do admit that I kind of wish that the game didn't have art because we would probably have more content. Like can you imagine if the game was done like TLS? The Noxian Nights story was short and self contained while Kingdom of Deception has a lot hints that it was to be a wider grander story but the nature of the game makes it hard to do that.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I don't play TLS because it has no art, I wouldn't play KoD if it didn't. I also don't understand why you mention Sierra indicated TLS has priority, and then say that no art would mean more content. Nomo isn't "the problem".

Reactions: LaPein and ponyguy

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
I don't play TLS because it has no art, I wouldn't play KoD if it didn't. I also don't understand why you mention Sierra indicated TLS has priority, and then say that no art would mean more content. Nomo isn't "the problem".
No matter who the artist is, they would at least generate/draw some content after 4 months of absence right? And I honestly don't think art is the main reason for their stalling as we can all see some new arts on their pages.

From what I've heard Sierra has always indicated that The Last Sovereign has priority.
Well, too bad for the supporters of this game then, as they are getting pushed into the background.

Draka232

Jan 21, 2018
and then say that no art would mean more content. Nomo isn't "the problem".
True but drawing art takes more time then writing a scene. Plus I was also thinking more of Kingdom of Deception being an RPGmaker game like TLS than a VN which I think gives you more options in a way.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
True but drawing art takes more time then writing a scene. Plus I was also thinking more of Kingdom of Deception being an RPGmaker game like TLS than a VN which I think gives you more options in a way.
It's not more options, otherwise Sierra is incredibly dumb for moving to a Ren'Py environment and trying to make it do more than just be a VN. I would imagine RPGM is easier to make stuff in than Ren'Py, because I think it's definitely coding and systems and bugchecking and fixing that takes up the most time in these updates. I kinda imagine Nomo spends half of the time between updates twiddling his/her thumbs because they're just waiting for the next update so they know what stuff to draw.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I disagree. Since they aren't using a battle/level up system putting the game on RPGmaker would just mean a lot of tedious walking around.

Ren'py is better for what they are doing with KoD.
I'm not here to have a RPGM v RenPy debate, all I said was that it's very easy to code and make stuff in RenPy if all you want is a standard visual novel, once you want to add in RPG elements and the like it becomes harder than RPGM.

Could be the other way around for all we know.
We've had two updates on the new update so far, both of them had unseen art. Unless Nomo's dealing with personal/health issues, I really don't think art is the reason for the slowdown.

3.90 star(s) 73 Votes