Mod Ren'Py Kingdom of Deception JDMOD [0.14.0] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I launched my today.

In order to comply with , I removed the bonus images from the mod. They now have to be added manually by the user.
I updated the Installation part of the Read Me and of the OP.

If you already installed the mod, you don't need to update to this version.

Jul 26, 2017
I launched my today.

In order to comply with , I removed the bonus images from the mod. They now have to be added manually by the user.
I updated the Installation part of the Read Me and of the OP.

If you already installed the mod, you don't need to update to this version.
How do you go about manually adding the bonus images? Is it a simple process?

Maxim Nix

May 5, 2017
Alright I'm hanging my head in shame and begging for someone to handhold me through this...

2) Add the images from the bonus to the mod.

Where are these images?

Also, I only see downloads for Bonus 1, 2, 3 on the game page...but it looks like there's 5? Bonus #4 on the game page the link is broken...guess I'll post this part there.

For those three bonus packs, I extract and run UnRen, only bonus #1 has a scenes folder. Is that correct?

I can run the game with the mod installed. Looks like it works because I can Lock/Unlock the main game gallery pics. It fails when I click the bonus link on it. How do I make this work?

Capture.PNG

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Alright I'm hanging my head in shame and begging for someone to handhold me through this...

2) Add the images from the bonus to the mod.

Where are these images?

Also, I only see downloads for Bonus 1, 2, 3 on the game page...but it looks like there's 5? Bonus #4 on the game page the link is broken...guess I'll post this part there.

For those three bonus packs, I extract and run UnRen, only bonus #1 has a scenes folder. Is that correct?

I can run the game with the mod installed. Looks like it works because I can Lock/Unlock the main game gallery pics. It fails when I click the bonus link on it. How do I make this work?

View attachment 201233
God, I love this screen.

Reactions: Abibliboop

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I'm working on a script to automate the inclusion of the bonus scenes (provided that one has downloaded them).
If @JohnDupont is fine with it I can share as soon as it's finished (I have to first understand some windows .bat syntax which I'm not used to for it to be completely automatic). It won't include, of course, the bonus content scenes, those will have to be downloaded separately. It will just be a bundle of a local python 2.7 install, unrpa tool and a batch script.
When I will have figured out how to finish the windows version I can try to make one for Linux too (which I'm actually more familiar with than Window's scripting).

At the moment, ETA of the script would be surely after Christmas, since I'm not home until maybe the 26th.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
UPDATE: I have finished a working script that should do all the copypasting and generate the thumbnails required by the mod.
I have one issue though: I do not have the bonus pack #5, thus I cannot ensure that it works with that one and the mod actually crashes on me because it can't find the required thumbnail for the gallery. So it should all work but I haven't been able to test it.
Later I might comment out some stuff in the mod to ignore the art pack I don't have to test it, or search for someone who has that pack.

JLuckas

Aug 4, 2018
I get this message when you play the bonus scenes (the mod was not installed correctly. you need to add the images from the bonus)
Can someone help me

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I get this message when you play the bonus scenes (the mod was not installed correctly. you need to add the images from the bonus)
Can someone help me
You need to add the images from the latest bonus to play those scenes. There's an installation guide in both the OP and the "JDMOD - Read Me.pdf" file.

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
UPDATE: I have finished a working script that should do all the copypasting and generate the thumbnails required by the mod.
I have one issue though: I do not have the bonus pack #5, thus I cannot ensure that it works with that one and the mod actually crashes on me because it can't find the required thumbnail for the gallery. So it should all work but I haven't been able to test it.
Later I might comment out some stuff in the mod to ignore the art pack I don't have to test it, or search for someone who has that pack.
Nevermind, here, this file has them all, 1-5, in one.

Waiting for you to add them into installation since I'm that lazy. Been a while since I played KoD. Does @JohnDupont still update walkthrough?

Reactions: JohnDupont

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017

Waiting for you to add them into installation since I'm that lazy. Been a while since I played KoD.
I've been in contact with him about his script for testing purposes mostly. I can say it doesn't work yet and @random.guy can't finish it for the moment because of an impending exam. If you are familiar with Python scripts and want to help, try contacting him :)

Does @JohnDupont still update walkthrough?
Yes.

Hi @JohnDupont , does that mean that the future versions of your mods will be Patreons only?
I answered your question about the KoD JDMOD in . For the other JDMODs, check my Patreon page to get your answer and follow me if you want to always be informed of the latest news.
Btw, the JDMOD should work with this version without needing an update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A bit of an update about the walkthough:
I need to finish the JDMOD for The Tyrant for the January 7 (It received an update a few days ago and more work is required) but I'll try to fit the walkthrough in my schedule ; I can't give an ETA. The last update for the walkthrough took me around 7 hours (later modifications would account for a few more hours) therefore I think patrons will receive an early access. I hope you understand.

Also, I really want to play this new version before starting to work on the walkthrough. KoD is still one of my favorite games and we've been waiting for an update for too long.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017

Waiting for you to add them into installation since I'm that lazy. Been a while since I played KoD. Does @JohnDupont still update walkthrough?
As JD said, I have worked on a script for the installation, but I dared a bit too much since I wanted it to also ship the rpa extractor which requires python and I didn't want to force people to install python on their PCs. So I tried shipping python in a folder, but it turns out I don't really know how to tell windows that all the stuff python should look for is there.
Long story short, I can provide a script that takes care of the copy pasting, provided that the user:
-has the game and the bonus art pack as shared in the KoD thread (the one with all 5 of the packs);
-has extracted the archive.rpa of the bonus pack with unren or whatever tool.

Since I won't be able to figure out how to ship a disposable local python install in the short term, I will edit my script to do just the copy pasting.
I will post it soon with the required paths and folder names for it to work.

Reactions: JohnDupont

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
@random.guy made a tool to simplify installation:

Download it directly from or .​

1. Create a base folder (wherever, whatever the name) and put in:
    1. The 2 batch files "random.guyJDMODInstaller" and "random.guyJDMODInstaller-UnRen" ;
    2. The JDMOD as a folder named "JDMOD" ;
    3. The latest bonus as a folder named "Kingdom_of_Deception-Bonus_Scenes-pc" ;
    4. The game as a folder named "Kingdom_of_Deception-pc".
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. Double-click on "random.guyJDMODInstaller".

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote