4.90 star(s) 100 Votes

L337Leon

Jan 5, 2018
Okay, so, I didn't have KS installed anymore.
  1. I downloaded it using the 1st Windows MEGA link in the OP.
  2. I downloaded the 100% Save file from OP
  3. I noticed an error in the Save file locations text document that I wrote up and put in RAR.
  4. "%APPDATA%\Renpy\katawashoujo_actual\" should be "%APPDATA%\Renpy\katawashoujo_actual_1.3\"
  5. I will fix that in the OP after this, but I'm sure it's completely unrelated to your issue.
  6. Anyway, I put the contents of the 100% save file ("39-LT1.save" and "persistent") in "\katawashoujo_actual_1.3\"
  7. Launched the game. The gallery, music box, etc were good. The day-1 game save loaded fine
  8. Here's a screen shot with the date/time showing the gallery, and the title screen clippings in the background that mean all the endings were completed.
  9. View attachment 79396
Okay, so aside from that hiccup with the save file locations, everything looks good on my end. It couldn't have been a save file location issue otherwise it just wouldn't have ever shown up at all in-game. Can I get more information from you? What version of the game were you using? It will only work on the official 1.3.1 release, not the pre-alpha or any of the others. I also have no way of testing Mac or Linux versions.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Edit: Instructions fixed in OP link to 100% save game file.
Ok, I will try the windows version today. I was using and testing the linux version and put the content of the save zip into "~/.renpy/katawashoujo_actual_1.3".

Edit: Using Windows or Wine in Linux everything is working.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I feel so lost after completing each ending. Feels like it could go on for a little more. Hanako best girl in my opinion.
And when you finish the game, you're not going to want to leave the campus. You will think "I'm not ready to leave, and I want to be around these people a little longer." This is the only VN that ever made me feel that way, and I think it's a real testament to the writing, setting, and character development. Amazing work you wouldn't expect from a bunch of 4chan hooligans.

P.S.: Play the pre-alpha version Hanako's route. It's a bit longer and more hashed out. Also drop in on Lilly and Shizune (especially Shizune) in the Pre-Alpha. It might help with that unfulfilling feeling.

Lynn

May 21, 2017
I wanted to play the Summer's Clover spin-off but I think the version in the OP is severely outdated (no sprites for many characters (including Hisao) sort of tipped it off).

So I went on a crazy google adventure and I found this reddit post : Which includes those links :

So, voilà. Hopefully this one is indeed the most recent update.

Reactions: ponyguy and jpsimon

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I wanted to play the Summer's Clover spin-off but I think the version in the OP is severely outdated (no sprites for many characters (including Hisao) sort of tipped it off).

So I went on a crazy google adventure and I found this reddit post :
Which includes those links :

So, voilà. Hopefully this one is indeed the most recent update.
He made the final verson 2 version numbers behind the previous final version? (1.2 > 1.0)? I had to compare the files for changes to see if it was actually an improvement. Also, I couldn't even get it fired up. Crashed instantly. I had to purge all the save data from my AppData folder for it to start.

Well, whatever. I honestly never liked how this project came about or how the characters are written. And he admits to stealing KS assets without authorization from 4LS. It's basically a fanfic that has no ties to the real KS team except this 1 guy, who made all the decisions alone for this project so it lacked the KS charm. The most glaring flaw is that it turned Miki into a total brute. She had zero feminine qualities by the time he finished writing her. That's not the kind of lesbian action guys want to read. Even chicks-with-dicks act feminine.

I'll update the OP, though. Thanks for the heads up.

StonedWatcher

May 18, 2017
I have played through all paths in the official game, some multiple times. Hanako is of course No. 1 girl :). While her ending is sad-ish, her pre-game content is brutal. If you haven't, play pre-alpha, but be mentally prepared. Don't read the spoiler if you haven't or are planning to play it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: misterx2999

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
I haven't played all the routes but Hanako best girl so far. I felt the Shizune's was ok but I heard her prealpha is amazing. By the way incase anyone was interested some fans are making an unofficial sequel called full hearts. They had to change the name from katawa shoujo 2 because of a disagreement.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
They had to change the name from katawa shoujo 2 because of a disagreement.
LOL. I bet. Parody, Fair Use, and Copyright Infringement laws can get mind-numbingly complicated. But, making a sequel and then using the original's exact name with a sequel identifier slapped on the end was clearly begging for legal action. Probably not the brightest troop of indie devs there.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
I think that they were allowed to use it because there game is non profit of something of the sort but then again what do I know. I think the disagreement didn't escalate to that level though. Also I think the main reason they did that was because katawa shoujo 2 was canceled and since they were all fans of the game they continued to follow it. Anyways I'll keep my eye on it they already have a demo released.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
Wow, so many memories, so much nostaglia.
Not a true VN guy, this totally captured me, and I felt bad even with the simple thought of skipping dialogues and descriptions (and there are a lot). I remember I were going to play all the routes, but then real life ensued, and the game and the various saves must still be somewhere in a usb hard drive, waiting the right star alignment to be played again.

The game is damn soft core, and requires an immense time to see even those thin ones, but who cared? The game is beautiful.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I have added 2 tags to this, anal sex and romance. (I will add more if needed or when I find them.)

I have only played one story so far and that is Emi's and it really touched my heart.

If anyone know of anymore VN's like this one with love and romance please let me know.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
If anyone know of anymore VN's like this one with love and romance please let me know.
It is absolutely not Katawa Shoujo, it's much less deep, more lewd, more gamey (you plan what you do during the day and raise stats), but I remember True Love having decent characters and plot. Just don't expect something at the level of Katawa Shoujo. Just start it as a normal lewd game like the ones we can find nowaday (and so you'll be favorably surprised).

Edit: link

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I have added 2 tags to this, anal sex and romance. (I will add more if needed or when I find them.)

I have only played one story so far and that is Emi's and it really touched my heart.

This one is pretty good in a fucked up way, but not in the same league as Katawa Shoujo.

Also the Grisaia series if you haven't played already.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
VN's like this one with love and romance
Nah. My VNDB list is over 200 visuals novels long (completed), and KS is completely unique in how 4LS wrote the erotic scenes in a way that deepens an already romantic story, instead of gibberish onomatopoeia sex sounds and the same ~10 phrases again and again in every other visual novel. Japanese are especially bad with the gibberish, but western novels describe the situation happening instead of making it part of the story. Like the sex scene is a damn wiki or sex-simulator.

Katawa Shoujo has by far the best erotic scene writing I've come across. And not just because it's done 'better' than the others, but because they used a completely different template and methodology from the start. They're not even in the same league as other VNs. It's like comparing a PC first person shooter to yet another iOS bejeweled clone.

mcich

Dec 20, 2017
Just finished playing this and getting every good ending, I fell for Emi way too hard, I wish there was some way to fill the void left knowing it's all over now :'(

Reactions: a1fox3 and UserX

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Just finished playing this and getting every good ending, I fell for Emi way too hard, I wish there was some way to fill the void left knowing it's all over now :'(
What you did not get the good ending?
There are 3 ending's for Emi, 1 straight good, 1 bad and one the starts bad but let's you end with the good ending.
If you need help with it there is a walkthrough on the 1st post.

Never mind I just need to read it better.

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
What you did not get the good ending?
There are 3 ending's for Emi, 1 straight good, 1 bad and one the starts bad but let's you end with the good ending.
If you need help with it there is a walkthrough on the 1st post.
I think dude said he got all good ending for every single path, but he liked particularly Emy's. And that now that he has played the whole game, he feels a little hole in his heart, because it is over.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I think dude said he got all good ending for every single path, but he liked particularly Emy's. And that now that he has played the whole game, he feels a little hole in his heart, because it is over.
Yes I see it now I must have skipped over the 1st part, thanks.

chillaxo

Jun 30, 2017
And when you finish the game, you're not going to want to leave the campus. You will think "I'm not ready to leave, and I want to be around these people a little longer." This is the only VN that ever made me feel that way, and I think it's a real testament to the writing, setting, and character development. Amazing work you wouldn't expect from a bunch of 4chan hooligans.

P.S.: Play the pre-alpha version Hanako's route. It's a bit longer and more hashed out. Also drop in on Lilly and Shizune (especially Shizune) in the Pre-Alpha. It might help with that unfulfilling feeling.
I don't want to get a heart-attack or something if i get the bad ending

4.90 star(s) 100 Votes