Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Progress update (screenshots of current state to wet your appetite). Options are debugged and set, stats are populated and all the stat screens near final form. Next step is to continue porting the ChoiceGuide (WT) portion over, which is what I'm currently doing while tweaking the GUI here and there as needed (font sizes, colors, layouts, etc). Getting closer every hour but the technical hurdle of the VN compiled on old RenPy is still rearing it's ugly head...I think I'm just going to have to release this in a new compile and detail installation instructions for folks. The tightest I can compress RenPy and it's associated libraries is ~20Mb (I thought I could get it down to 10Mb this morning but 7zip/WinRar can only do so much). We'll see, I'm still thinking of another possible solution. Regards, I'm getting back to it.

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Progress update (screenshots of current state to wet your appetite). Options are debugged and set, stats are populated and all the stat screens near final form. Next step is to continue porting the ChoiceGuide (WT) portion over, which is what I'm currently doing while tweaking the GUI here and there as needed (font sizes, colors, layouts, etc). Getting closer every hour but the technical hurdle of the VN compiled on old RenPy is still rearing it's ugly head...I think I'm just going to have to release this in a new compile and detail installation instructions for folks. The tightest I can compress RenPy and it's associated libraries is ~20Mb (I thought I could get it down to 10Mb this morning but 7zip/WinRar can only do so much). We'll see, I'm still thinking of another possible solution. Regards, I'm getting back to it.

I don't think 20 mbs is a lot because if you can download a ~6gb game you for sure can download a 20mb mod. That's just my opinion. Good luck on finishing it!

Reactions: bkrrish1995

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting the WT sucks....still grinding it. Updated a few pics in post above here. Thank goodness for expensive whiskey, tolerance in a glass currently. I'm having to manually type the port in from this point forward as my macro code doesn't play well with these long-ass menu choices. It is what it is but I reckon you folks will truly enjoy the final product. It's polished, it's professionally coded, it integrates as seamlessly as possible as to feel like there isn't even a mod installed....I'm still fighting this old RenPy compile though...I'm having to cut out many of my (subtle) audio enhancements and re-code some of the animations since it doesn't support them. Feels like I'm spending more time cutting out features than adding them.

Anyway, enough of me moaning. Time to keep at it. 12 hours straight so far, will need a meal break soon though.

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
If time's not a factor I'd prefer the more detailed one. However, if it'll take a lot more time parsing that out, I'd say go with the briefer version and we can figure things out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you folks like more vague tips or concrete facts in the guide notes? Example regarding Slave Points (see gray text in the first menu choice in pic below). I'm more of a factual type of fella but I'm publishing this public so thought I'd ask.

"Vague" would be something like "Slave Points effect K-Lvl so choose wisely", and a more factual example would be like below:

KG SM 001zzz.jpg

Are these types of notes useful for y'all or am I wasting my time hunting them all down and coding them in? Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
See, the issue is if you are working for K6 for example, I need to let you know all the way back when you select what to do with the food ration upgrade (keep for yourself, give to Jake, share with 20 others). You need to keep for yourself or you'll accumulate Slave Points later during testing. I just wanted to flesh it out a bit more than my original mod to truly assist the best I can. Since the ChoiceGuide can be turned off at anytime there really no risk of spoilers if someone doesn't want them so there's a bit of freedom on my end with that....I can spill all the beans.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
See, the issue is if you are working for K6 for example, I need to let you know all the way back when you select what to do with the food ration upgrade (keep for yourself, give to Jake, share with 20 others). You need to keep for yourself or you'll accumulate Slave Points later during testing. I just wanted to flesh it out a bit more than my original mod to truly assist the best I can. Since the ChoiceGuide can be turned off at anytime there really no risk of spoilers if someone doesn't want them so there's a bit of freedom on my end with that....I can spill all the beans.
Personally I love the extra help at the same time it sounds like a pain in the ass.

I only like playing dom on both protags but I do enjoy watching the other scenes for curiosity tbh. That's why my main want is the scene unlocker or whatever it's called.

Reactions: Synful62

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's an example of what happens if you don't choose to keep food for yourself. You can then no longer get enough minus Slave points to achieve K6 if that's what you are seeking, so obviously the notes are important for a truly proper guide but there's always limitations of what can be relayed in very short texts. It's the basis why I always populate thorough stat screens...to give you proper reference.
KG SM 001zzza.jpg
Edit: well, I take that back a bit....there's two chances to get -1 Slave points so you can actually negate the +2 by giving to Jake....but you get my point.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Here's an example of what happens if you don't choose to keep food for yourself. You can then no longer get enough minus Slave points to achieve K6 if that's what you are seeking, so obviously the notes are important for a truly proper guide but there's always limitations of what can be relayed in very short texts. It's the basis why I always populate thorough stat screens...to give you proper reference.
Edit: well, I take that back a bit....there's two chances to get -1 Slave points so you can actually negate the +2 by giving to Jake....but you get my point.
Yeah it has me thinking I may need to restart tbh. I didn't realize she made it that sensitive point wise.

YellowSub

Mar 20, 2018
The point system in this game is very in-depth... I guess the most important thing would be the ability to see all the routes, so long as there's some indicator that x decision is required for this path or it locks you out, so whichever way that's achieved would be good enough imo

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
I'd rather be more detailed but like some said don't stress yourself too much. Be a lot easier to see all paths that way instead of guessing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The point system in this game is very in-depth... I guess the most important thing would be the ability to see all the routes, so long as there's some indicator that x decision is required for this path or it locks you out, so whichever way that's achieved would be good enough imo
In depth is not an issue for me, see my portfolio of mods to games most won't touch. This is why I always pick the hardest VNs to mod.....challenge. But the VN has to be worth the amount of hours of course. The titles like Rogue-like: Evolution that have random number generation are a real bitch to code for though. I can handle it, but it's always a rabbit-hole of how far you go. This is why I like to communicate or nothing would ever get released until I coded it so that you input what you want at the beginning and let the movie roll, AI automation...Netflix style.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
In depth is not an issue for me, see my portfolio of mods to games most won't touch. This is why I always pick the hardest VNs to mod.....challenge. But the VN has to be worth the amount of hours of course. The titles like Rogue-like: Evolution that have random number generation are a real bitch to code for though. I can handle it, but it's always a rabbit-hole of how far you go. This is why I like to communicate or nothing would ever get released until I coded it so that you input what you want at the beginning and let the movie roll, AI automation...Netflix style.
If you ever need some help lmk I know python myself.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you all for your continued input and patience (you know I code all this crap for my use anyway). It gives me needed breaks from time to time and motivates me to push boundries. I'll get back to it...."vague" is out the window as I suspected. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you ever need some help lmk I know python myself.
You know I appreciate you Noneya. The core is done and obfuscated...it's the porting and massaging it into the title proper so it becomes one with it....like it's supposed to be there that takes all the time of course as you know. It's the difference between simply running a water hose over a vehicle to wash it versus a full-blown detail. It's the details that are time consuming but the rewards are epic....usually, lol.

Reactions: I am Gone
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes