Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The game is amazing but we need a gallery or gallery mod for me to know how many scenes are in this game for 0.2
yeah you'll need several walkthoughs to see every possible scene, because in mine I definitely didn't see 6k+ renders. Lot of branching and exclusive scenes, so for now I picked a couple favorite LIs and I try to stick with them (even then I still think I lost the path for one of them somehow).

Reactions: homejorz and Grelk

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It´s a nightmare without a wt mod. Maybe Sancho1969 is up for it?
Well, considering there's only two episodes and those episodes are split up into 166 (yes, 166) separate script files. AND... within those 166 (needlessly) separate files are 338 choice menus (the definition of overkill) within 120 of those separate scripts...

My knee-jerk reaction is to think it's not even worth the hassle as (unless this VN has been near 100% pre-storyboarded) there's likely no chance in hell the dev team can keep organization of that much convolutedness with the story just now in the beginning stages. Just imagine this quantity of files and choices to keep in check after the VN is only.. say 50-75% complete.

Dunno man... this looks like a massive minefield in my experience.

Could I do it? Of course. Am I willing to put myself through the equivalent of waterboarding torture? Not so much.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, considering there's only two episodes and those episodes are split up into 166 (yes, 166) separate script files. AND... within those 166 (needlessly) separate files are 338 choice menus (the definition of overkill) within 120 of those separate scripts...

My knee-jerk reaction is to think it's not even worth the hassle as (unless this VN has been near 100% pre-storyboarded) there's likely no chance in hell the dev team can keep organization of that much convolutedness with the story just now in the beginning stages. Just imagine this quantity of files and choices to keep in check after the VN is only.. say 50-75% complete.

Dunno man... this looks like a massive minefield in my experience.

Could I do it? Of course. Am I willing to put myself through the equivalent of waterboarding torture? Not so much.
someone could make a mod that just shows the relationship point changes, that would already be a big help coz right now it's not so easy to tell that either just from the in-game text without something like URM, and I was already getting bored looking at it every minute. As for the rest I agree, it's way too complicated and will be even more so as the game progresses.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Wow, when even Sancho is not sure it´s worth the work, then i don´t know. I mean the dev was able to make an update with 6500 renders in a year, that´s some enthusiasm at least i guess? Usually i simply work with the urm mod but with this mess? urgs.
On the other hand it´s a really promising vn, maybe the dev simply needs some help?

I understand if Sancho doesn´t want to work on it, a shame well it is what it is.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
someone could make a mod that just shows the relationship point changes
Well E my good bud.... probably not so much and be worth anyone's time. Think about it for a second. Let's assume a rookie modder decided to place green-text relp point changes in the choices. Okay, now how in the world is the Player to know when or wtf those relp point changes are going to determine, especially considering that many of the conditionals are testing against event vars only or in combination with the relp points.

So, (in my personal opinion) one would need to do a proper 100% accurate WT or don't do it at all as anything less is basically worthless.

Again, I'm just giving my thoughts on an initial analysis that I spent no more than 90-120 seconds on... but I did peruse enough in the VN to get a feel for the methods this dev team is using (which will almost certainly change very soon considering the other issues I already mentioned in my previous post).

So, I'm not saying your thought sucks... I'm saying it's just not enough. But, I'm almost certain there's a rookie modder out there scrambling as we speak to push some shit product out that will basically demonstrate exactly what I'm trying to point out in this post :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Elduriel

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well E my good bud.... probably not so much and be worth anyone's time. Think about it for a second. Let's assume a rookie modder decided to place green-text relp point changes in the choices. Okay, now how in the world is the Player to know when or wtf those relp point changes are going to determine, especially considering that many of the conditionals are testing against event vars only or in combination with the relp points.

So, (in my personal opinion) one would need to do a proper 100% accurate WT or don't do it at all as anything less is basically worthless.

Again, I'm just giving my thoughts on an initial analysis that I spent no more than 90-120 seconds on... but I did peruse enough in the VN to get a feel for the methods this dev team is using (which will almost certainly change very soon considering the other issues I already mentioned in my previous post).

So, I'm not saying your thought sucks... I'm saying it's just not enough. But, I'm almost certain there's a rookie modder out there scrambling as we speak to push some shit product out that will basically demonstrate exactly what I'm trying to point out in this post :ROFLMAO:.
it's academic discussion anyways, I doubt anyone will touch it. I like the game but even just playing it with URM is causing me a headache. I'll just wing it next time and that's that :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
it's academic discussion anyways, I doubt anyone will touch it. I like the game but even just playing it with URM is causing me a headache. I'll just wing it next time and that's that :ROFLMAO:
At a minimum you folks have given me (yet another) VN to put in my "play whenever I have time" list. And ya never know... if I fall for a VN then it doesn't matter how many silly things a dev team does, I'll mod it anyway for my own use which means that I'd share it when done (even if there's half a dozen other mods already out in the wild for it).

Considering the facts I noted in my first post, I honestly hope I don't like the VN... or I'm basically fucking myself with "self-induced waterboarding". :ROFLMAO:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
At a minimum you folks have given me (yet another) VN to put in my "play whenever I have time" list. And ya never know... if I fall for a VN then it doesn't matter how many silly things a dev team does, I'll mod it anyway for my own use which means that I'd share it when done (even if there's half a dozen other mods already out in the wild for it).

Considering the facts I noted in my first post, I honestly hope I don't like the VN... or I'm basically fucking myself with "self-induced waterboarding". :ROFLMAO:
it's far from perfect, the courtroom scenes are nowhere near the leavel of LDNA for example, but I like some of the characters. It's worth a try at least imo. Plus I guarantee everyone missed at least half the content of the latest update because of the branching so I may revisit sometime.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
it's far from perfect, the courtroom scenes are nowhere near the leavel of LDNA for example
Yeah, I don't think the actual trial is the focus of the game. To me it seems to be more about the MC's relationship with the jurors, and the effect that has on the trial.

Plus I guarantee everyone missed at least half the content of the latest update because of the branching so I may revisit sometime.
Half is an understatement. There are a lot of scenes/events that are mutually exclusive. I'd guess a well-structured playthrough will let you see 15% of content.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
i have ZLZK's universal mod with the game and the choices are clearly marked here. works fine.
Does that mod lets you see future effects? For instance, taking Alice to dinner on Day 1 excludes having dinner with Aimee, Jane or Lily.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
it's far from perfect, the courtroom scenes are nowhere near the leavel of LDNA for example, but I like some of the characters. It's worth a try at least imo. Plus I guarantee everyone missed at least half the content of the latest update because of the branching so I may revisit sometime.
LDNA is in a league of it´s own, it is almost perfect. Plus, there are only 4 li´s and that is fine. with Jury i don´t know.....

Reactions: qaywsx

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe you answered your own question. May I present a real-life example :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
gallery mod would be cool for sure. I think last time I played the game had a gallery but I can't remember if it was any good

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
gallery mod would be cool for sure. I think last time I played the game had a gallery but I can't remember if it was any good
The dev said a gallery will be added in a future update, but the variables are already there.

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
There is a lot of replay value to this, that's for sure.

I have focused mostly on 1 girl - in my case blonde one that sells sex toys Amieh is her name I think.

I will play and follow different paths to see rest of the content. Hopefully dev knows what he is doing with this amount of branching. It is a very ambitious project.

Just like people above me said, trial is not the focus of the game, however it looks like fate of that Brooke girl depends on questions we ask.

Reactions: Quetzzz

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
i have ZLZK's universal mod with the game and the choices are clearly marked here. works fine.
do you mean this?
(3) Mod - Ren'Py - Universal Gallery Unlocker [2024-01-24] [ZLZK] | F95zone

note it says gallery Unlocker.
this isn't a walkthrough/cheat mod, this just lets you see all the pix/vids. which anyone with unren can do anyway...
so yes, you can see all the photos... but it doesn't in anyway advise you about Story Progression, which is what everyone is basically looking for.

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes