VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
Might be a stupid request, but requested this to pretty much to every dev lately. Is it possible to get a torrent link? All links except Mega has such a crappy download speed (300-400 kb/s) nowadays if your not a premium user.

• Red Heart
Reactions: m4pII

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Is it a horror game ?? If yes, where is the tag ??

Three letter thing planned ?? I hope not ...

Glad to see mega & pixeldrain links. Good work
Why would you thinks it's a horror game?!

No NTR, never (at least in this game).

I like the models and renders but as the game starts with the girlfriend dying and without all of my favorite tags I don't think I even need to try this.
The story seems pretty interesting but also really depressing and the renders are O.K as well. I think this game is a bit to kinetic for me though. The choices don't really do anything and you are forced into having a relationship with Alex and have unavoidable sex scenes with her which is a massive pet peeve for me with VN's.

I will give the dev props for having a male friend character who isn't the usual stupid, immature frat boy type. The English is pretty bad but understandable so I think hiring a proof reader could help out a lot this game could do pretty well I think for people that want a more serious dark story.

I think I have to clarify what to expect.

I'm trying to tell a story and it has to start somewhere. And the death of your GF is the key to the whole story.
You don't continue watching J Wick because his dog is killed in the first ten minutes? Ok, up to you.

Yes, the first ten minutes or so are kind of dark.
But you should get a good idea where it's heading with the other 80% of Chapter 1.

Overview: Erotic thriller with adult elements.
No dead dad (hey, you got the dead GF), no highschool, no harem, only a little bit of corruption.
And no sisters, step sisters or roommates. :D

There are a few hints about what to expect.

Others would call this an intro and release it with 1/10 of the text and 1/5 or less of the renders.
I decided to create it the way I would like to "play" a game.

Being forced into relationship and/or sex with Alex:
She is part of the story (there we go again....) and one of the two LI.
I know that some people will not like here and they will have the chance to break up with her.
In the end you can have Alex, Isabella or both (and I know what I would choose).
And yes, there will be other girls to have fun with, just no LI.

It's the first Chapter.
There are only a few decisions, but they will count. Not seeing any consequences yet doesn't mean there are no.

lkta

May 3, 2017
Might be a stupid request, but requested this to pretty much to every dev lately. Is it possible to get a torrent link? All links except Mega has such a crappy download speed (300-400 kb/s) nowadays if your not a premium user.
its a 333mb file, even at your suggested crappy 3-400kb/s it would only take 10 mins..

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
For now, it is. So the size of the game won't grow in the future? Just a thought for the future tho.
I'm planning (!) updates only downloads for PC/Mac. Not sure when I will start with it.

So if you keep up to date with the releases the downloads should be small.

Reactions: KopengaKris

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Awesome! But I must ask..... will there be any sharing or swinging?
There are a few thousands posts in a few hundred threads where people try to explain what NTR, sharing or swinging really really REALLY means.
Which of these definitions are the right ones now?
Not playing this game :)

But to answer your question:
Regarding the two LI: No, there will be only sex between the three characters, as a couple or a threesome.

They *might* have to use their female powers to manipulate somebody, with or without you knowing. But the only sex will be with you or the other LI.

swampthing

Aug 20, 2019
Hi badtimetales
You're off to a good start. My only critiques are that the dialogue needs work, ie: proof reading and it seems a little unnatural. By that I mean it doesn't really give depth to the personalities of the characters. A bit of clean up and you'll have a winner. keep up the good work. :)

Dec 6, 2019
There are a few thousands posts in a few hundred threads where people try to explain what NTR, sharing or swinging really really REALLY means.
Which of these definitions are the right ones now?
Not playing this game :)

But to answer your question:
Regarding the two LI: No, there will be only sex between the three characters, as a couple or a threesome.

They *might* have to use their female powers to manipulate somebody, with or without you knowing. But the only sex will be with you or the other LI.
Any aspects of competition over the MC between the female characters?

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
No NTR, never (at least in this game).
That's not very reassuring to patreons, people usually like to support devs in the long term when they like the work they do... if supporting a dev may imply he will do content they don't like in the future some of us may prefer to just not support them even if the current game won't have said content.
Just my 2 cents about this, you should stick with the fetishes you want in a long term, otherwise, you will lose the fanbase you gain in your first game.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
That's not very reassuring to patreons, people usually like to support devs in the long term when they like the work they do... if supporting a dev may imply he will do content they don't like in the future some of us may prefer to just not support them even if the current game won't have said content.
Just my 2 cents about this, you should stick with the fetishes you want in a long term, otherwise, you will lose the fanbase you gain in your first game.
Sorry to disappoint, let me try to clarify it:

As I said ...

I'm didn't want to start a discussion about this topic.
Too many people with too many different opinions and what they think is the right definition.

For the meaing of NTR "One female character fucks with another person against your will and you have to watch"
No, THAT will never happen, not in this game, nor in future games.

I hope I've cleared this up.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Sorry to disappoint, let me try to clarify it:

As I said ...

I'm didn't want to start a discussion about this topic.
Too many people with too many different opinions and what they think is the right definition.

For the meaing of NTR "One female character fucks with another person against your will and you have to watch"
No, THAT will never happen, not in this game, nor in future games.

I hope I've cleared this up.
For me, any Love interest fucking other male/s, even if the mc is not forced to watch is netorare.
So yeah your definition differs from mine and it will be nice to know if this will be the case.

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Any aspects of competition over the MC between the female characters?

One reason for the very long Chapter One with a lot of text was to introduce the story and the main characters.

And I think I did a good job to show the personalities of the girls.
If you've played it, you should know that they have their very own and different personalities.

This development is part of the story, as you have a relation with Alex and have to build one up (if you want to) with Isa.

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes