• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Is it gay if you like playing female protag games?

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Having a dick is gay. Being a girl and liking dick is gay. Being a girl and liking girls is gay. Everyone's gay.

Jun 11, 2018
The only thing that would be gay was if you looked at two men fucking and thought it was sexually stimulating. If you imagine a man penetrating you while you play the girl and enjoy that thought, yes. You are probably gay/repressed. If you imagine being a man penetrating a man and enjoy that thought, yes. You are gay.
LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE IS NOT GAY.

Mar 21, 2023
I haven't played a VISUAL NOVEL where the protagonist is female. However - and I still haven't actually played this - but if I were to play, let's say, Horizon games, then I'd be playing as Aloy, who is a female character. And I'm a huge fan of Aloy even though I've never actually played the games myself (but thank you YouTube for the cinematic play-through videos!). Furthermore, I love reading and many of the books I read feature female protagonists. I am absolutely okay with that, even though the books may include some very intimate scenes where the said protagonists might end up getting physically intimate with a male supporting role, or a female counterpart for that matter.

One of the main reasons why I haven't begun playing VN's with female protagonists is because, as a heterosexual male, I want to be able to relate to the main character as much as possible. But I feel as though I'd be contradicting myself if I say what I've said above, and then proceed to also say I prefer to play as a male character. At the very least, I feel like I need to be open to play as a female, just so that I can experience these VN's like I do regular books.

Kind of an eye-opener this topic, actually.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
But I feel as though I'd be contradicting myself if I say what I've said above, and then proceed to also say I prefer to play as a male character. At the very least, I feel like I need to be open to play as a female, just so that I can experience these VN's like I do regular books.

Kind of an eye-opener this topic, actually.
Indeed and you are correct on your statement.

Not to mention, most female mc games are in fact designed for heterosexual males. There are some exceptions truly designed for women but those are a lot harder to come by.

Most people that claim stuff like "femprotag is automatically gay" are mostly insecure and for some weird reason would rather keep looking at another male ass than to remove the literal "middle man" and directly command the hot girl.
Plus they are ignoring the obvious contradiction, which is that actual gay games do in fact have a male protag...

Reactions: PurpleDeep

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Most people that claim stuff like "femprotag is automatically gay" are mostly insecure and for some weird reason would rather keep looking at another male ass than to remove the literal "middle man" and directly command the hot girl.
Plus they are ignoring the obvious contradiction, which is that actual gay games do in fact have a male protag...
This is my main problem with the fem-protag games. Even if the protag is a cock-crazed and obsessed slut, most fem-protagonist games end with a close up of the protag with floating penises and invisible bodies around. And people thinks this is gay... WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK they are thinking. They are made by hetero men FOR hetero men.

There is a game with a fem-protag I actually follow, Katie's diary, but it's written by a woman, and gives a selection of pics that actually SHOW MEN, I can even overlook it's straight, but at least is not the woman with the floating penises around. But games like these are rare, very rare.

As a gay man, I avoid Fem-protag games like the plague.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Meaning Less

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Real question, what if you make a game about being transformed into a Magical Futanari? Is that gay? Even though you are having protagonist fuck pussy left and right. No dicks in the game really... just pussy. And your futa cock. Is that gay? Asking for myself because if it is, good for me. :)

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Problems with femprotag

Unrelatable problems flow from excess beauty or lack thereof.

Always gravitate to a sub/Dom relationship with a powerful strong/evil domineering male part.

Lesbian never made sense for me. Sure fertile round bodies but the fantasy is ruined.
The power relationship is boring.

Played red string with double protagonist
Man and girl.
And you have little option with the girl to whore yourself for success and story is built that way.

Or deflect males like in kung fun fighting because for some reason they can't stop cat calling after you said no.

If the protagonist is in magic world shit, fine she can walk the hero path.

Let's face it romance prose is for men, going into hoops and building a relationship, girl stories the protagonist is born ready and the male part is a prince.

This is my main problem with the fem-protag games. Even if the protag is a cock-crazed and obsessed slut, most fem-protagonist games end with a close up of the protag with floating penises and invisible bodies around. And people thinks this is gay... WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK they are thinking. They are made by hetero men FOR hetero men.

There is a game with a fem-protag I actually follow, Katie's diary, but it's written by a woman, and gives a selection of pics that actually SHOW MEN, I can even overlook it's straight, but at least is not the woman with the floating penises around. But games like these are rare, very rare.

As a gay man, I avoid Fem-protag games like the plague.
I mean what boils down being sexually attracted to the male form right, being gay.. or maybe you could elaborate if possible.

i could get(behind)pun intended.
into attraction for a twinkle sub bottom with a feminine body and demeanor but that only corroborate how attracted I'm for rounder delicate figure and power balance. That feels straight for me.

When I see a Bara muscle Olympic man the first thought could be me if super serum is available.

Last edited:

Bowsette s slave

Jan 2, 2023
Real question, what if you make a game about being transformed into a Magical Futanari? Is that gay? Even though you are having protagonist fuck pussy left and right. No dicks in the game really... just pussy. And your futa cock. Is that gay? Asking for myself because if it is, good for me. :)
do you like women or men

Bowsette s slave

Jan 2, 2023

PurpleDeep

Aug 24, 2019
Yes, it's clearly gay!
I used to be straight, but accidentally downloaded a fem-protag game once without checking the tags, and now I can't stop thinking about dicks all day.
If only the developer would have inserted a generic, mute, faceless, retarded cuck with the personality of a blank sheet of paper instead of using one of the many interesting pre-existing female characters as a protagonist, I would not have ended up like this.
I never asked to able to look into the thoughts of the female protagonist to better convey things like pleasure, humiliation, or submission.
Instead, I just wanted to avoid the gay by having the male protagonist's thoughts constantly remind me about exactly how his dick is feeling at every single moment of intercourse, and how many mililiters of cum are coming out of his hard throbbing member.
But alas, it is too late for me now. If only my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me, I could still be playing normal straight male-protag games like "Sex with Stalin", and I wouldn't be in this mess.

mukiwara

May 11, 2020
It is complicated, it depends more on game to game basis, let me give you an example. If the game is about you being the FP(female protagonist) and you have to go around and charming boys and stuff like that, yeah kind of gay, but if it is about you making the FP get in weir scenarios to say the least, maybe not so much.
In gender of the game is more easy to look at, if it is a RPG style halve of them i say are not gay, but if it is a Sim type, more often than not it is gay.

Sharpen

Apr 19, 2020
The amount of absolutely hilarious replies to this is killing me. Idk if OP was being serious when they asked, but lmaoooo the results are amazing. I hope you got an answer and some semblance of peace, OP.

Bowsette s slave

Jan 2, 2023
Yes, it's clearly gay!
I used to be straight, but accidentally downloaded a fem-protag game once without checking the tags, and now I can't stop thinking about dicks all day.
If only the developer would have inserted a generic, mute, faceless, retarded cuck with the personality of a blank sheet of paper instead of using one of the many interesting pre-existing female characters as a protagonist, I would not have ended up like this.
I never asked to able to look into the thoughts of the female protagonist to better convey things like pleasure, humiliation, or submission.
Instead, I just wanted to avoid the gay by having the male protagonist's thoughts constantly remind me about exactly how his dick is feeling at every single moment of intercourse, and how many mililiters of cum are coming out of his hard throbbing member.
But alas, it is too late for me now. If only my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me, I could still be playing normal straight male-protag games like "Sex with Stalin", and I wouldn't be in this mess.
you should play lezdom games

ronnyyellow

Nov 10, 2021
Let's be real for a minute. Is it considered gay if you enjoy playing fem protag games(looks at total sub runs) or is it high iq play if you play fem protag to lead the girl how you want to do to any actual girl?
in a way its gay and also ntr. because you are basicaly beeing raped/fucked by Monsters/dudes all the time.so immagine you beeing fucked by dudes/monsters, if you are an immersive player . the nature of this genere is that you have multiple guys to choose from instead of females. As a straight guy i avoid such games like the plague becase i want to see a variety of girls and not hundrets of dicks or tentacles:sick:. it the oppisite of a harem game.

Last edited: