RPGM Abandoned Iron Scraps [v0.0.1 Tech Demo] [Fishbone Labs]

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
This reminds me so such of old Fallouts (1, 2 and even tactics)...
That was the first thing I thought of as well, and that is always a good compliment in my book! :cool: I am looking forward to seeing the completed game at some point! :eazyHype:

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
the game is from tfgamesite, I'm waiting for the disclaimer, but uplinking with a battle mech has the unfortunate side effect of slowly turning you into a girl

edit: after having played the game, I realize it's definitely from all of the radiation and other dangerous stuff that's floating around making that area a no-fly zone that's going to cause your tf

Last edited:

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@FishboneGamingLabs there is a link to tfgames in the OP, but you're right it doesn't go anywhere, it's just typical of those games to have transformations, not saying yours does though, just making a joke

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Fresh off the printers ... this will be huge in the mornin'...

The situation was a bit blue here for the last weeks. We had some problems in the office that requires some significant work and the programmer is totally caught with this.
So Iron Scraps and the Dune game are suspended and also other projects that we were planing around any fighting with Match3 system. While waiting for the programmer to get back on track with the games had scratched my head on what to do next, what to improve, what to experiment and stuff like that.
Now... some strange news. Last month we found some resources that in theory should help us continue the Ethereal project. But like said, Ethereal is dead. Ethereal can not continue like it was initially launched, even if we get the right and most perfect resources in the world. And that was pretty much clear after we realized that working on closed worlds is complicated because of the fake isometric engine of the RPG Maker MV. We can fake it, yes, but up to a point. And that is will a lot of stress and head scratching, creating graphics and testing for clipping back and forth.
So no, Ethereal like you know it, is dead.
However, we still have some resources, characters, puzzles, etc... that we can use for making a game. With no battle engine, or at least not sure on it. Also, because this is a closed world means no running around. It will be a game just like Iron Scraps (click on characters only, not running/walking around) and with no battles (like said not yet decided on this, we are still debating if there will be a no battle system, a very simple battle system, or an autoplay fast battle system).
A very simple battle system means you will select your team members, add some items/weapons and click the battle button, then... wait 1 second and show message: you won/you lost.
Autoplay fast battle system is something that starts similar with the above mentioned simple battle system like select your team members, add some items/weapons and click the battle button, then... the battle window opens and everything will be played without user interaction (a 2d6 roll system (a two dices with 6 faces will set the attack priority for every combatant, and other rolls will decide damage).
Because the game is about hacking here is a work in progress of one of the mini-games:

Next update I will try to show some sweet girl faces, no more maps, screenshots and boring stuff. :)
At last, going to attach the big city map (work in progress, which not sure if is going to make it in the release anyway, just wanted to see how it would look like)
Right click on it and open in new tab if you want to zoom in details.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
@Retro
Yes, Iron Scraps is in development.
Facing some issues with some extra work in the office that kills the programming team because of some deadlines, and some other issues like enjoying running stupidly around our own tail. Ah, and for some reason, we talk too much while working less.
Hope to break this and get back on track.

On patreon all the updates were public, anyone can read them and current status of the projects.

There is something that people don't know or don't realize. For many Patreon pages, you can follow/subscribe them, so you hit the subscribe button and when a creator makes a new post or publish something you will get a notification on email so you could read more about it.