RPGM Abandoned Iron Scraps [v0.0.1 Tech Demo] [Fishbone Labs]

U

User_23654

Iron Scraps.png
Overview:
In a world where corporations has the upper hand dominating the most powerful governments, a young hacker named Jack finds himself conscripted and forced to serve for a secret paramilitary organisation. His unique skills makes him one of the few capable males to initiate an uplink with a battle mech.​

Updated: 25/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: Fishbone Labs -
Censorship: None
Version: 0.0.1 Tech Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Notes:

Download:
- - - -

Adult Patch: - -

Unbenannt-1.jpg Unbenannt-2.jpg Unbenannt-3.jpg Unbenannt-4.jpg

Joe Banana

Feb 5, 2018
"His unique skills makes him one of the few capable males to initiate an uplink with a battle mech."

Is that what kids call it these days? :D

Reactions: Hybris

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
LMAO it can sinze very old version of it XD

i like when its like that, it remind me some cool game like Fallout 1, baldur gates and all .. :p
then why all these lazy ass devs never use it----oh

Reactions: F9Zoney

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
e and
then why all these lazy ass devs never use it----oh
maybe because they are not alots of these assets. the sprites i mean.

as for now, i only have see 3 games using these kind of assets.

i guess most other rpgm dev prefer to use standard assets.
or maybe they just dont like this kind of view.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
game is SO broken right off the bat...BUT...it looks awesome what i did get to experience..as it says..just a tech demo..so am really looking forward to a playable release
caught in a forever loop of not being able to leave the bunks because too sleepy and not being able to sleep because its morning and have to go to work..LOL

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
So, you can't write English well, nor hire someone who can, you have CG skills that make this look like bad doll dress-up (Sindy in a dress done in camo, which is nothing like any military outfit ever, anywhere, outside of some kid's imagination), and you can't think up a non-copyright way to use a giant robot-like vehicle without calling it a BattleMech (TM) ... of course you decide to apply these 'skills' to create a VN/Game.

Uh-huh...

Okay, now the advice. In this genre, writing matters. You are telling a story, and spelling and grammar are the basic and essential tools and materials. If good writing isn't your strongest suit, then you will need AMAZING quality CG to make up for it, and try to tell the story mostly in images with few words, or else you absolutely need a better writer and editor to bring the writing up to something that people will feel they'd be willing to pay for.

Writing about things you know always is easier. Anywhere you have to use any degree of imagination is where that story may have holes people will laugh at because they know more about the topic otherwise. If you want to tell an extreme story then you honestly need to do extreme research, just like every other writer who does it right. You'd need to learn more about military and paramilitary organisations and structure, for instance, along with doing all the research you can on robotics and engineering. Anything you can't research well, find ways to avoid. If that sounds like a lot of work, it is ... but it is because it is work that those who do it can hope to eventually get paid for it.

Be careful about using the intellectual property and trademarks of big brands. The laws of intellectual property mean that the owners of a trademark have to sue anyone breaching it, no matter how small a breach, or even if there's nothing financially they could get from a suit. Because if anyone can prove that a company hasn't enforced its trademark in one prior case, has grounds to claim that they believed the trademark abandoned. Meaning, if the owners of the 'BattleTech' and 'BattleMech' trademarks doesn't sue you, then they won't be able to sue the next movie, game, or toy maker either, nor any others. And all the millions of dollars they make in franchising and licensing are lost.

Or you can just hope that they never find out, even though they have millions of dollars on the line for NOT finding out, and so pay people to constantly look for breaches...

Reactions: Hybris

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
@ Thanks for feedback.
Yes, the main issue is we are not native English speakers and we lack a writer for the games we are currently developing.
I'll try to go over all scripts with a proof reader and see what can be fixed. This kinda solves the small problem, but overall... doesn't mean much, because the writer is still required.

About military/paramilitary organisations you are right, I also had a laugh when I saw that dress outfit in my Daz3D library, but in the end I've said, why not? The thing is (because there is no writer/scenarist) we are stretching things and ideas, and one excuse was this is a game and everything should be some kind of a parody. So, lame camo outfits? Checked.

Didn't ever thought about the intellectual property that way, I thought that "BattleMech" is just a generic term everyone is using, never thought about it as a registered trademark, but I kinda get your point now after googling a bit more on the term. Any suggestion on which term to use instead?

@ not sure I understand, are you experiencing any bugs that keeps you trapped in the bunker?

About the rest of people commenting on the isometric features... the game is a heavily modified RPGMV, but the images (maps/events) are rendered in 3D isometric view and displayed as parallaxes. It could do a lot of things with some drawbacks/and visual cheats, but overall the main problem is you need some resources to draw all those maps. Most RPG Maker devs are single individuals who lack the skills required to do such things, so they resort using the standard top-down assets.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
@ Thanks for feedback.
Yes, the main issue is we are not native English speakers and we lack a writer for the games we are currently developing.
I'll try to go over all scripts with a proof reader and see what can be fixed. This kinda solves the small problem, but overall... doesn't mean much, because the writer is still required.
80% of solving any problem or challenge is simply identifying it and accurately acknowledging it. I'm sure you'll manage the other 20% somehow in time. :)

Didn't ever thought about the intellectual property that way, I thought that "BattleMech" is just a generic term everyone is using, never thought about it as a registered trademark, but I kinda get your point now after googling a bit more on the term. Any suggestion on which term to use instead?
Off the top of my head, I'd suggest "Mechanoid", since it's a clear contraction of Mechanical Humanoid... I'm sure with more time and thought you can come up with better options and select one. Maybe come up with your very own acronym, like GAT (Gigantic Anthropoid Tank), or something. Remember this trick in writing sci-fi and fantasy - people give familiar objects nicknames, so don't be afraid to give it a clunky name, but then have everyone use the common nickname term for it, as that makes it feel more genuine.

<added after a think>How about Giant Anthropoid Fighting Armour, commonly known as a GAFA (pronounced Gaffa, like boss).</added>

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Well, I haven't touched it, just from the developers own description:
I wonder , when right now and in the past, you are killed and robbed by government, majority of the game indie developers are making corporations the big bad wolf...
And we are killed now and in the past by the "good minded people" who want for all of us the new brave world
So just a thought : maybe do the right thing and tell the story when your young padawan kills raf, action directe, greenpeace, unesco, aclu...
Ready made script : Blackout , how such good minded people, properly placed, wanted to get world to be with no electricity...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
that kinda reminds me of "Gundams" :þ
More Anime references to humanoid battle tanks
"Knightmare Frames" from Code Geas
"Evangelions" from Neon Genesis Evangelion
"ZOIDS" normally have animal shapes but fit into the category non the less
"Variable Fighter" are transformable battle planes (Plane->halfplane [has fighting abilities compareable to a highspeed helicopter]->humanoid battle tank)

I am not aware of any over Zealot trademarks for those atleast

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
that kinda reminds me of "Gundams" :þ
More Anime references to humanoid battle tanks
"Knightmare Frames" from Code Geas
"Evangelions" from Neon Genesis Evangelion
"ZOIDS" normally have animal shapes but fit into the category non the less
"Variable Fighter" are transformable battle planes (Plane->halfplane [has fighting abilities compareable to a highspeed helicopter]->humanoid battle tank)
Yep, the Japanese and Anime culture has a lot more of these, with the clear link to the 'Transformers' franchise being visible (though those are actual robots, of course).

The important clue is really visible when you list them like that - that every success you've heard of, not sued into oblivion, has tended to create their own name for them. The other major clue to trademark issues is generally harder to spot, and will involve looking at the credits where most will acknowledge the trademark owners (having paid to use the trademark).