• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Completed Invasive Species [v1.0.1] [ArmyofRobots]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Woodlelewd

Oct 3, 2018
There is an ongoing poll for what the team should work on next:

• Invasive Species 2 CYOA; pick up where the first ends, same style of everything
  • Play as a woman CYOA trying to escape the creatures and reach safety
  • Invasive Species 2 Strategy/CYOA hybrid (ha!) where there is more decision making
  • Play as a new species that infects a human and converts his household, then the world
  • Something entirely different (post an idea for us to consider!)
I recognize option #4 here from Parasite Infection's opening. I did think it was an interesting angle on the premise, but I think the thing I'd most like to see from you guys is probably #3 - I love the idea of making this a whole strategy game, with you making high level decisions about the infection's progression. I'd even still be excited if you made things easier on yourselves and segmented it, like a Fire Emblem type system where a visual novel/CYOA leads you between "encounters" set up.

I do think there's a lot to be gained by at least partially systemically modelling the growth of the infection, though - Making it something that the player can make choices about, choices that have consequences and even lead to different playstyles. It would be cool to see, say, one player sending out "sleeper seeds" and starting most encounters from an internal position, and working their way outwards slowly, where another player maybe just sends armies in from previously infected hives.

Ay, I'm getting myself worked up. Strategy game, please. I'd love to see that. Hell, I'd love to work on that, but I'm still an amateur, sadly :p

DonS

May 5, 2018
  • Invasive Species 2 Strategy/CYOA hybrid (ha!) where there is more decision making
  • Play as a new species that infects a human and converts his household, then the world
These two would be great for me, but the strategy / more decision one would be the most interesting.

rynak

Jun 20, 2018
One of the best "simple" text-only CYOA's i've played, and it's complete now. For those wondering if you should give it a try: It's a pure oldschool choose-your-own-adventure game and NOTHING ELSE - no stats, no grinding, no management, no pictures - just pure story that branches as you choose paths. And unlike most CYOAs it's actually complete (no deadends) and has plenty of content to explore.

As for the theme: You play as the tentacle monster and breed women to grow your numbers. That's it already. The choices are about where to go next and how to ambush victims. So it's a constant cycle of 1. Go somewhere. 2. Subdue victim and breed. 3. Goto #1.

Reactions: Solrane

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
well well well... what do we have here... a text based game? dont mind if i do...

you might as well like this text based game Fort of Chains it's already complete and the dev will add more content in it.

WIbigdog

May 16, 2018
The new version is in concept and a "Concept release" has been put out up to 0.0.4; the 0.0.5 release is due out very soon. We plan to release it here soon as well.
I like it, the inclusion of images and animations is pretty cool. The uh, photoshopping of the body changes is definitely a thing, haha.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes