RPGM WIP Inma Sugoroku 2

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
This'll be my thread for Inma Sugoroku 2. Real life still has me pretty occupied as well as some side projects I have going on, so updates will be sparse. Still, don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions or requests.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
For the moment, I will do my best to do a quick partial translation. It will specifically be for the martial arts girl and scientist, as well as some menus as long as it doesn't crash the game. This is because they are some of my favorites and I want to know what's going on!

Trapperxxk

Dec 22, 2020
I dunno what to say 'cause I couldn't find the Inma Sugoroku 2 as a game. mAYBE I am bad with searching.

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Haha, I spent lots of time writing a post about looking for people interested in translating the game, only to see that you are already planning it...
Really should've checked the forum first before proofreading my own post six times :ROFLMAO:

Trapperxxk Inmaka Sugoroku2/Demonization Sugoroku is a game about corruption/succubus/monster transformation/TSF/futanari
You can check it here on DLsite:

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Haha, I spent lots of time writing a post about looking for people interested in translating the game, only to see that you are already planning it...
Really should've checked the forum first before proofreading my own post six times :ROFLMAO:

Trapperxxk Inmaka Sugoroku2/Demonization Sugoroku is a game about corruption/succubus/monster transformation/TSF/futanari
You can check it here on DLsite:
Yeah, I REEEEEAAAALLLY want to know what's going on as well as understand Lang's mechanics better, so I'm going to get started, at least on a minimal level. Let me know if there's a character you want dibsvon for translating. I'll try to translate all the names so we have a universal list we can share to avoid mixups and confusion.

Reactions: CSanders

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Okay, now’s as good a time as any to start translating the game. Jkank has finally added the epilogues for the characters when you win.

Reactions: Weirdo69

oliviagalena

Jun 7, 2017
Lets go!, really enjoyed the art and interactions between characters in the last game, thanks for translating this, looking forward to your updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jooop

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Yeah, I REEEEEAAAALLLY want to know what's going on as well as understand Lang's mechanics better, so I'm going to get started, at least on a minimal level. Let me know if there's a character you want dibsvon for translating. I'll try to translate all the names so we have a universal list we can share to avoid mixups and confusion.
I'm not sure tbh. I mean Suzuna is my favourite but If I start translating I would prefer to start with UI and utilities and stuff like skills/items/tiles/rule explanations/intros and so on.
And then I would probably translate characters going file by file not by who the lines belong to. So chara1 then chara2 then chara3 and so on. Each next character file has much more lines to translate. For example chara1 is Luis and he basically has only his basic lines, no actual conversations. Then chara2 is Jean and he has basic lines + all his conversations with Luis. Then chara3 is Marcus and he has basic+all his conversations with Luis and with Jean. and it goes so on and on. Suzuna is 7th so she has basic+6 big character files.
Btw do you have any ideas how to translate .CSV files?

As for names (I'm not 100% sure about first 2, asking Jkank about that) my suggestion would be:
ベリダス/ベルダ Veritas/Bellidas Velda/Bellda
マーチャス/マーシャ Marcus/Marcia Marsha Masha
ルイス/ルイーザ Luis/Luisa
ジャン/ジャンヌ Jean/Jeanne
ラング/フラン Lang/Fran (Dr.)
アンナ Anna
スズナ Suzuna
ミラ Mira

For names of items and characters from previous games it would be probably best to maintain continuity and use names they had before... Except for Kevin - his name as a succubus was translated as Kiva by the person I've commissioned translation in the past. It really should be Casey given Japanese name so it's probably better to use that.

I won't be starting translation anytime soon because I'm still at Succubus Merchant and because Jkank is still releasing new versions of game due to bug fixing. Yesterday his buglist had less than 40bugs, today it has over 80. There were 4 game versions released since Friday. No point in translating file that may become obsolete in a day or week because it was found to contain bug and newer version was released.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Welp, no progress was made. Spent most of the day trying to understand it, leaned that the dialogue is in excel documents…… and I don’t have excel.

madok

Feb 21, 2020
free excel could help with that. it should be able to open and edit those documents

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
free excel could help with that. it should be able to open and edit those documents
Oh yeah, I know. Just disappointed and irritated I looked like crazy for the file, believing it was .js file, only to learn it was in excel and just didn’t have more time.

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Welp, no progress was made. Spent most of the day trying to understand it, leaned that the dialogue is in excel documents…… and I don’t have excel.
That's why I asked you if you have any idea how to translate .CSV files, those are excel files... And they are a huge pain to translate with excelo_O
Sugoroku1 also had .csv files translation was done with excel and it was a huge pain. Dialogues are not just in lines but also in columns. Translating those brackets gets very confusing since it is easy to shift size and/or columns by accident, also there is plenty of confusion when cross-referencing them with other dialogue brackets... But worst of all is the fact that if you don't watch carefully the length of the dialogue line inside bracket in excel, the text may end up not fitting inside the game's dialogue window during conversation while playing.

I wish there was some other way or software to translate it...

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
That's why I asked you if you have any idea how to translate .CSV files, those are excel files... And they are a huge pain to translate with excelo_O
Sugoroku1 also had .csv files translation was done with excel and it was a huge pain. Dialogues are not just in lines but also in columns. Translating those brackets gets very confusing since it is easy to shift size and/or columns by accident, also there is plenty of confusion when cross-referencing them with other dialogue brackets... But worst of all is the fact that if you don't watch carefully the length of the dialogue line inside bracket in excel, the text may end up not fitting inside the game's dialogue window during conversation while playing.

I wish there was some other way or software to translate it...
Yeah, I have no solutions other than to tough it out.

Reactions: CSanders

Anonymousthe22nd

Sep 12, 2020
Hey Jooop. Thanks for taking this project up.
As for your excel issues, do you have a database manager?
There are several programs and applications that can very efficiently isolate Excel cells. Admittedly, this is from my data course, so I don't know if it actually helps when translating.
Just a thought. GL mate.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hey Jooop. Thanks for taking this project up.
As for your excel issues, do you have a database manager?
There are several programs and applications that can very efficiently isolate Excel cells. Admittedly, this is from my data course, so I don't know if it actually helps when translating.
Just a thought. GL mate.
Oooh, please share! Anything to make this process easier!

Anonymousthe22nd

Sep 12, 2020
Oooh, please share! Anything to make this process easier!
I don't want to get your hopes up, since my experience with .CSV files is mostly with numerical data (though a good chunk of it was with text). Hence, it uses actual statistics programs which requires coding knowledge. I can try and help with normal Excel though, or in the weird case my program may actually work for this.

I use something called R, which is quite clunky, but can isolate and analyze the entire worksheet, checking text/sentence length as I go. It's not really meant for translation though. 0% user friendly.

Couple questions first:
How many rows and columns are there?
What does the dialogue spreadsheet look like? If you send a screenshot of a section of the wip, I could probs have a look.
When you say 'in columns too', do you mean there is a sentence going down the page?

For Excel QOL:
Do you know how long the maximum cell length is? You can stop cells from resizing, so it may be easier to find when you've written too much. To stop width change of cells, highlight the entire worksheet, rightclick the letters at the top, and click "column width". There, experiment and set the perfect size, and click 'okay'. Works for height too.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I don't want to get your hopes up, since my experience with .CSV files is mostly with numerical data (though a good chunk of it was with text). Hence, it uses actual statistics programs which requires coding knowledge. I can try and help with normal Excel though, or in the weird case my program may actually work for this.

I use something called R, which is quite clunky, but can isolate and analyze the entire worksheet, checking text/sentence length as I go. It's not really meant for translation though. 0% user friendly.

Couple questions first:
How many rows and columns are there?
What does the dialogue spreadsheet look like? If you send a screenshot of a section of the wip, I could probs have a look.
When you say 'in columns too', do you mean there is a sentence going down the page?

For Excel QOL:
Do you know how long the maximum cell length is? You can stop cells from resizing, so it may be easier to find when you've written too much. To stop width change of cells, highlight the entire worksheet, rightclick the letters at the top, and click "column width". There, experiment and set the perfect size, and click 'okay'. Works for height too.
I will get this info to you tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to go to work so I’m not going to be able to send everything you need right away.

Weirdo69

Oct 17, 2019
Feel a bit sorry for Jhank right now, sure it's been a good launch, but the numerous bugs seem to be quite demoralizing right now.
For my own mental and physical health, I started to feel like I should hire someone to fix the program... However, there are so many things I have to think about, so I don't know what to do...
I feel like it's basically similar to outsourcing to an artist, but since I'm going to hand over the whole game, I'd like to ask someone who I can trust enough. I don't know how to decide...
So, I don't even know who to talk to about such things... the hurdles are high...

Futaah

Jun 27, 2020
Yea game keeps getting errors halfway through a map for me. Hard to progress. I think it's certain characters(like the old man) with certain events