4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

AChangeling

May 8, 2018
Dude, you could really change the color of Lincoln's aura, it's not looking good. But everything else is really nice, good work man!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: whimfu1

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
Dude, you could really change the color of Lincoln's aura, it's not looking good. But everything else is really nice, good work man!
I have actually changed it twice, originally it was pink to match Lola's magic then near white but it couldn't been seen. It's been kind of hard with the limited color palette for the project.

Reactions: AChangeling

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
How's it going?
Sorry for not getting back to you. Once the game goes through it's promote round on F95zone I tend to focus solely on my Patreon and DA for feedback. I managed to work in a back to Lincoln's room button into the game but I didn't manage to get the teleport to the other girls yet. I've put band-aids on a lot of places in my code and really need to go back to fix them. Unfortunately every update needs additional content so my focus goes there.

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
What are the diferentes from the public versión and the patreon one?
As of right now, the Patreon version features a code that allows the player to skip to new content. Using previous saves tends to break the game so it helps avoid grinding between updates. It also is released to Patrons earlier so they get it first crack at it. In the future it may be more.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Cute graphics, but otherwise just feels a bit too early. Writing has issues (masterbate); some sentences especially early on kinda leaving me with "?????" vibes; then you got few interactions, a lot of them repeating even when they shouldn't, not all that much content, and loads of "development commentary" that's distracting. Navigation is kinda confusing too, though the idea is good.

Overall feels like it "just" fundamentally needs more work done, which is of course easily said and not so easily done ^^

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
Cute graphics, but otherwise just feels a bit too early. Writing has issues (masterbate); some sentences especially early on kinda leaving me with "?????" vibes; then you got few interactions, a lot of them repeating even when they shouldn't, not all that much content, and loads of "development commentary" that's distracting. Navigation is kinda confusing too, though the idea is good.

Overall feels like it "just" fundamentally needs more work done, which is of course easily said and not so easily done ^^
I've worried about that quite a bit. I'm caught with trying to add more H-content and fix my amateur code. But I know, as the version number ticks up, it's nowhere near as developed as people expect. I want it to be a little more than a visual novel but it hasn't reached what I would call "full" point and click. I'll look into the spelling issues and tone down the dev talk. However I'm not sure how to tell players they've reached the end of the content for this update without plainly writing it out. If you have any ideas of how I could, please let me know.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
It's really rough to build for the future, yeah. The spaghetti piles on until it's honestly easier to just rebuild the whole thing from scratch rather than sort out the noodles.

That's kinda happening with my own project, and I don't even have something playable...

• Red Heart
Reactions: whimfu1

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
It's really rough to build for the future, yeah. The spaghetti piles on until it's honestly easier to just rebuild the whole thing from scratch rather than sort out the noodles.

That's kinda happening with my own project, and I don't even have something playable...
I feel ya. The temptation to start fresh is always there. I know my code would be cleaner but all that time to get back to where I am now is counter productive. My first real game may be a slog to work on but running into problems has been how I've learned so much. I had no idea I would try for a changing room minigame when I started, there's no future proofing that. Maybe I can plan things more thoroughly in a future game, but this will have to be the proving ground.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
However I'm not sure how to tell players they've reached the end of the content for this update without plainly writing it out.
I think that's fine. There's seems to be a rudimentary quest log, and at the literal end of current content, a one-time message isn't too bad either. Those are appropriate use of "hey, heads up, this is wip ..."

But it shouldn't be in the middle of dialogues, with explanations of how things might be different in the future (I think the landlady character has that), or like the inventory in the minigame (just disable it).

Obviously just my opinion and tbh also the smallest of issues. Though, yeah, probably good to get a good flow on how to mark end-of-content stuff at the beginning in a simple way still.

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
I think that's fine. There's seems to be a rudimentary quest log, and at the literal end of current content, a one-time message isn't too bad either. Those are appropriate use of "hey, heads up, this is wip ..."

But it shouldn't be in the middle of dialogues, with explanations of how things might be different in the future (I think the landlady character has that), or like the inventory in the minigame (just disable it).

Obviously just my opinion and tbh also the smallest of issues. Though, yeah, probably good to get a good flow on how to mark end-of-content stuff at the beginning in a simple way still.
Okay, I can try to keep it to the quest logs. Maybe the minigame inventory button could be a negative buzzer sfx sound to indicate it's a WIP. I'm also going to try a new thing with the chat so a repeating dialogue doesn't need to occur when you are trying to rebuild affection. The idea is to have a set of CGIs that are of small events like "Help Leni Pick out a Dress", "Help Rita with the Dishes", and "Listened to music with Luna" that would occur randomly when a new option is chosen, hopefully this will make it feel like you're interacting with the heroine's more even when you technically repeating the same action over and over again.

Reactions: PyoT

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
took me way too long to fuigure out lust
Yeah, double check the phone for hints with heroines. I'm trying to make them more explicit now but I may need to start making a pdf guide like other games do.

whimfu1

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2023
Bro I am also stuck can you help out xD
Based on the quote, I'm guessing you're at level 0 with 3/3 affection. Here's a quick run down that might help after that point.
  1. If Rita's 3/3 you can talk to her again and it will lead to a kiss +5 Lust.
  2. After kissing Rita, talk to Luna and another kiss for +5 Lust will occur.
  3. With a total of 15 Lust go to the basement and clicked on the mirror. You will be prompted to "sell" 15 Lust to unlock Lola's magic.
  4. You can now "Ask Leni on a Date" in the Flair option of her dialogue menu. After the following scene, the games opens up a bit more so you can go talk to people again and follow the hints on the phone.

Reactions: doni1234566
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes