• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

User2007

Mar 27, 2022
Thanks for your reply and save data 7. I got the gallery working but still some images are missing =P. Oh well, guess there's not much we can do for that huh? Still thank you anyways :D

Reactions: pepplez

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Thanks for your reply and save data 7. I got the gallery working but still some images are missing =P. Oh well, guess there's not much we can do for that huh? Still thank you anyways :D
The missing scenes are all in the bathroom, just camp there with turned on aphrodisiacs and skip time, took me some ingame days to get them all.
p.s. the missing photo is
\"Beach_Tanning\":0
change it to
\"Beach_Tanning\":1
in your save-file.json

Last edited:

otomegokoro

Apr 27, 2022
15GB that's ridiculous. Why don't the developers just compress the images? I mean, hey it's 2d animated no need for 4k pictures imo.
you might have misread, the game is compressed using whatever unity plugin they have installed and that in turn is using a large amount of RAM and is bugging out the game to the point of crashing. If the plugin is *not* used then inari would be a 15GB game- if you look at the current downloads it is 2GB~

Reactions: pepplez

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
you might have misread, the game is compressed using whatever unity plugin they have installed and that in turn is using a large amount of RAM and is bugging out the game to the point of crashing. If the plugin is *not* used then inari would be a 15GB game- if you look at the current downloads it is 2GB~
Maybe I expressed myself wrong, what I mean is that it is unnecessary to use 4k images and then compress them in ram (they have increased the system requirements to 8GB RAM). I don't understand why the devs do that, high-quality or not. The game was fine at the first release, the actual version need about 3 minutes to start up.

otomegokoro

Apr 27, 2022
Maybe I expressed myself wrong, what I mean is that it is unnecessary to use 4k images and then compress them in ram (they have increased the system requirements to 8GB RAM). I don't understand why the devs do that, high-quality or not. The game was fine at the first release, the actual version need about 3 minutes to start up.
It would look terrible if so and it doesn't help in terms of compatibility because upscaling from 1080p for one looks terrible and two takes up more resources at least from what I can remember.

As for why the first version starts up faster, The first version did not have free H, NPCs were few and far in between, there was only 4 animated CGs per character and there wasn't really much quests and minigames to deal with

imo the devs should find a more efficient plugin or have little to no animations at all since that takes a good amount of resources

edit: I could be wrong and that the devs are just terrible at coding up an efficient game but this is what I can see from my perspective

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
It would look terrible if so and it doesn't help in terms of compatibility because upscaling from 1080p for one looks terrible and two takes up more resources at least from what I can remember.
Not really, here is an example of what I mean by compression.
This picture is taken from the op and has about 1,8 MB
1703112777077.png
The same image compressed in .webp format has 52KB !

Can you see a difference? I guess not and if they did that with every graphic, the whole game would probably be a lot smaller. There are also other compressions like the AVIF format which are maybe better in quality.
Edit: I don't know why F95zone can't show webp images, so just open it in a new tab your browser should display it as image.

otomegokoro

Apr 27, 2022
Not really, here is an example of what I mean by compression.
This picture is taken from the op and has about 1,8 MB
View attachment 3639767
The same image compressed in .webp format has 52KB !

Can you see a difference? I guess not and if they did that with every graphic, the whole game would probably be a lot smaller. There are also other compressions like the AVIF format which are maybe better in quality.
Edit: I don't know why F95zone can't show webp images, so just open it in a new tab your browser should display it as image.
That really isn't how it works and you forget that this is animated in engine, they have spines attached to the game object, it isn't like a regular visual novel where they only have a static CG that you can compress or if they had just baked in a webm or mp4 in there as a scene.

The only thing I can think of based on my limited knowledge of unity is to have lower quality prefabs in order for it to take less storage and perform much faster.

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
That really isn't how it works and you forget that this is animated in engine, they have spines attached to the game object, it isn't like a regular visual novel where they only have a static CG that you can compress or if they had just baked in a webm or mp4 in there as a scene.

The only thing I can think of based on my limited knowledge of unity is to have lower quality prefabs in order for it to take less storage and perform much faster.
I'm not sure what we are discussing here. Are you saying the graphics are rendered in real time? I think they're assets linked to spines that contain uncompressed .png graphics but I have no idea about the unity engine. If it is what i think it is, then the devs should compress their assets instead of increasing the system requirements and making it unnecessarily bloated with all the uncompressed graphics.
Just my two cents.
Edit: quick google search result - plugin to use .webp in unity3d

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 10 Votes