VN Ren'Py Imperial Chronicles [v0.4] [Lazy Monkey]

4.70 star(s) 40 Votes

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Finally got around to this game. It was on my to play list for a while and it happened to update when I have time to play it. I've done multiple playthroughs since the update dropped and I believe I did everything. So far, I love it. I like the characters, the story and the world itself. Might be biased though because I do love me some thicc mommy elves and the Queen is thicc as fuck. Jeez, her ass in phenomenal.

I love the game and the direction it's going. For my main playthrough I'm magic based with full on harem, if allowed. With mostly the Queen being the focus. I then have a side playthrough where I'm warrior based with Cass being the main focus. As you can probably tell. My favorites are Queen/Mother, Cass and Elin. In that order.

Anyway, I look forward to the next update. I'll probably have to manage my playthroughs a bit better. Elin does have some nice content so I might make a third playthrough dedicated to her. That way my main can lean into the ring scene with the Queen.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
This game has me all torn up iniside. If I don't pick the sister (who's obviously in love with you) she's gotta marry some douchebag and leave, but if i do pick her i'm pretty sure the game is gonna go off the rails...also, i like aurora.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
This game has me all torn up iniside. If I don't pick the sister (who's obviously in love with you) she's gotta marry some douchebag and leave, but if i do pick her i'm pretty sure the game is gonna go off the rails...also, i like aurora and there's no harem tag so i'm pretty sure if i pick aurora sis marries douchebag and rides away.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
If I don't pick the sister (who's obviously in love with you) she's gotta marry some douchebag and leave, but if i do pick her i'm pretty sure the game is gonna go off the rails

If it makes you feel any better, I strongly doubt the former will happen, and I'm pretty sure the latter will happen no matter what choices the player makes.

also, i like aurora and there's no harem tag

It's under planned tags. It seems likely that there will be some mutually exclusive LIs though.

paulalreadyanswered

Jan 11, 2023
anybody knows how to dance with Cass? I found pictures of dancing with her in the image folder but don't have that choice in the game. i chose the warrior path twice, recommended her friend twice and spoke for her when the king was present. don't know where else should i improve her mood.

Garen

May 6, 2017
anybody knows how to dance with Cass? I found pictures of dancing with her in the image folder but don't have that choice in the game. i chose the warrior path twice, recommended her friend twice and spoke for her when the king was present. don't know where else should i improve her mood.
Seems like you're supposed to do the opposite. Cass appears if her mood is at 0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
Finally finished the update.
I enjoyed it.

And Cass once again shows why she's the best girl for me :love: ;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She'll always be my priority canon LI (doesn't give a shit about what other strangers think, and calls them out on it & the traditions without hesitation).
Everyone else are basically side characters in my eyes. :KEK:

Here's hoping Cass gets more content in the next update.

Every time I find cass cute she follows with a "fucking crazy" moment and i'm like "heeeeeeeeeeeell NO". She has the potential to paint your realm red with the blood of everyone living in it just because "us together and alone is better than us amongst other not liking us"

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
that's quite surprising
Not really, because she makes you look like an idiot, pushing you on the ground and shouting really loud "ahahah how clumsy you are little brother" in the middle of the throne room with everyone looking at you.
It makes sens that she does that if her mood is 0.

Reactions: harem.king

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Every time I find cass cute she follows with a "fucking crazy" moment and i'm like "heeeeeeeeeeeell NO". She has the potential to paint your realm red with the blood of everyone living in it just because "us together and alone is better than us amongst other not liking us"
Reading your response, I'm guessing you've never played The DeLuca Family :HideThePain::KEK:

The whole "fucking crazy" side to Cass I'd say is surface level, and I think she has the best characterization in this game compared to all other LIs.
I'd prefer someone with a much more unique personality, mindset and attitude and someone who just acts cute often.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Reading your response, I'm guessing you've never played The DeLuca Family :HideThePain::KEK:

The whole "fucking crazy" side to Cass I'd say is surface level, and I think she has the best characterization in this game compared to all other LIs.
I'd prefer someone with a much more unique personality, mindset and attitude and someone who just acts cute often.
I also like Isis. She's sensible, intelligent, cruel, but I'm sure she'll be a faithful wife.

Reactions: Loquete

Bro In The Game

Mar 6, 2020
As for me, I really like Aurora, she has a simple and classic personality, even seems too innocent

Even in her time, that personality was completely inappropriate and easily exploited

But who knows, the MC can completely control everything =))

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020

I played DeLuca and i'm still waiting for an update, but I have a different feeling, MC is afraid of everyone at first then he start liking them all while staying cautious. I don't remember batshit crazy characters, yet.

Ok forgot about Luna (last update was a year ago and I played dozens of games on this site ever since ^^), yet Luna is cuter than Cass and doesn't switch between "i love you" and "i'll maim you". She is mostly "hurt my familly and you are dead".

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I played DeLuca and i'm still waiting for an update, but I have a different feeling, MC is afraid of everyone at first then he start liking them all while staying cautious. I don't remember batshit crazy characters, yet.

Ok forgot about Luna (last update was a year ago and I played dozens of games on this site ever since ^^), yet Luna is cuter than Cass and doesn't switch between "i love you" and "i'll maim you". She is mostly "hurt my familly and you are dead".
give this game/cass little time.
or play that game again, stop after an episode or two, then (re)evaluate luna - she is such sweetheart at the beginning, one of the cutest cuddliest lil girls ever.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Damn this game gets good. Why I can't choose all girls? Anyway, I wonder how long the next update take of considering the multi-option nature of this game. Like, the main plot will branch off seriously considering to whom you gave the ring, unless Cass comes out and kills them all. Boo.

update walkthrough please
Seconded.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

From what I can recall, Cass only says the whole "I'll maim you." line only twice, once when her and MC reunite for the first time when his exile/banishment ends, and second time when MC was watching Aker and his uncle spar.
But I found the instances of when she says that to be playful, meant to be more of a test towards the MC (and also the player :KEK: :WeSmart:) to see whether they take them seriously or not.
Similar effect to Luna being "Didn't I kill you before." or other comments that some people playing that game found offputting; though I had no issue with them at all.

I think Lazy_Monkey will really develop Cass's character so there's a lot more to her than what is seen on the surface level (classic case of "Don't judge a book by its cover.") like HopesGaming did with Luna for DeLuca, especially if the player is on Cass's path.
But I guess time will tell.

Reactions: wizardcock

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
From what I can recall, Cass only says the whole "I'll maim you." line only twice, once when her and MC reunite for the first time when his exile/banishment ends, and second time when MC was watching Aker and his uncle spar.
But I found the instances of when she says that to be playful, meant to be more of a test towards the MC (and also the player :KEK: :WeSmart:) to see whether they take them seriously or not.
Similar effect to Luna being "Didn't I kill you before." or other comments that some people playing that game found offputting; though I had no issue with them at all.

I think Lazy_Monkey will really develop Cass's character so there's a lot more to her than what is seen on the surface level (classic case of "Don't judge a book by its cover.") like HopesGaming did with Luna for DeLuca, especially if the player is on Cass's path.
But I guess time will tell.
That said, I hope the developer will not make Cass soft up too much, especially if the player doesn't follow her path. Not that : she's actually kind, just a defensive reaction, due to daddy issues and stuff ( as is often the case in games ).
Let it be the real dark side, I mean more realistic, not movie-like. ( Luna's image is movie-like, as well as Deluca in general feels more “fantasy” than this game).

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That said, I hope the developer will not make Cass soft up too much, especially if the player doesn't follow her path. Not that : she's actually kind, just a defensive reaction, due to daddy issues and stuff ( as is often the case in games ).
Let it be the real dark side, I mean more realistic, not movie-like. ( Luna's image is movie-like, as well as Deluca in general feels more “fantasy” than this game).
Well, I don't wanna get too much into it (don't wanna derail this to offtopic, and risk a cleansing from the mods :HideThePain: ), but with DeLuca, the "exaggerated" (don't think fantasy is quite the right word, heh), almost anime like aspect from the dev is intentional. And it really works well for that game.

If the player is not on Cass's path, then I guess she'd still be her "not really giving a damn about what others think" self while continuously trying to challenge the norm and authority.

For those who are on her path though (like me), my guess is while she'll still retain those aspects towards strangers, she'll soften up a lot more when it comes to MC while still being a badass.

Reactions: wizardcock
4.70 star(s) 40 Votes