VN Others Illusion of Being [v2023-09-13] [True Element Games]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I would have to agree that we need to be able to skip stuff more and not be forced to watch 100% of the animations, like seeing the house outside and inside is to boring, no real need to waste time making those since 99% will skip them if they could and only gets annoying when you cant, same for sex scenes i wouldent mind having the choice to fast forward or skip forward to next scene instend of wathcing it all if i find it boring....

As for story there really isent much yet but looking forward to see where this one will go as well and who will be LIs, can only really see students as potential LIs right now since the teacher friend also dumped MC for someone else so shes a no go and cant go back to the bitch wife either thats for sure, hope MC will fight her for the daughter since the wife would make for a shit mother.

Not sure why this is ove 4gbs big though? i mean sure the red head scenes are nice but 4gb seems like alot for whats there right now.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I would have to agree that we need to be able to skip stuff more and not be forced to watch 100% of the animations, like seeing the house outside and inside is to boring, no real need to waste time making those since 99% will skip them if they could and only gets annoying when you cant, same for sex scenes i wouldent mind having the choice to fast forward or skip forward to next scene instend of wathcing it all if i find it boring....
Yeah, I miss the ren'py QoL as well. Slow transitions and not being able to skip read-text or movies hinders the experience for me.

As for story there really isent much yet but looking forward to see where this one will go as well and who will be LIs, can only really see students as potential LIs right now since the teacher friend also dumped MC for someone else so shes a no go and cant go back to the bitch wife either thats for sure, hope MC will fight her for the daughter since the wife would make for a shit mother.
I think the LI will be Samantha, Alyssa, and Lilith. But it wouldn't surprise me if Cinthia gets a "redemption arc" in a future episode.
Samantha being a student would be problematic for a professor, certainly an ethics professor.
I'm of the same mind as you concerning Alyssa. She's clearly not able to make good choices, dumping the MC in college for another guy, now drinking at work and trying to entice the MC to drink...
Lilith... I'm still wondering when her pimp will hit up the MC for money.

I think your review is fair, though I'll likely be a bit more generous and give 4 stars because I liked the subtle exploration of characters. It seems to me that the game isn't about getting to the lewds, but about exploring choices and the effect they have on the people surrounding the MC.

Reactions: MikesDK
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes