VN Ren'Py Identity [v0.3.9] [Juicy Drake Studios]

Feb 16, 2021
what u mention in the tags is a games with furry as human (like anime or games characters)
what i mean is a games with monsters like this game
Ah yes, the "furry" characer that anyone with a headband and a buttplug can be. I hate that those discount sexy halloween monsters count as furry.

Reactions: senkifia

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
OK , someone please explain this deluge of furry & gay games? and why the combo of the 2 ?

• Sad
Reactions: ekis93
Feb 16, 2021
OK , someone please explain this deluge of furry & gay games? and why the combo of the 2 ?
Many monsters have been either queer-coded or been used as a (muddy) allegory for "others". Beast from Beuty and the Beast has been shunned for being a beast in all versions, but was actually really kind (especially in the original), while Disney's Robin Hood is a more heroic outcast but an outcast non the less. Those monsters were the origin if the furry fandom as well as being very relatable for the gay comunity, so they kinda grew up together.

At least that's a pretty reasonable theory.

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Uh because that's what you're looking for? The furry Fandom, like every single Fandom, has it's fair share of gay/straight/bi. But in reality straight content is much more abundant and if you take a step back in many many games that advertise to have gay content is normally 1 or 2 hidden scenes, surrounded by straight content. No idea on what you mean of combo of 2, but this isn't McDonald's

Reactions: GravGrav

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Uh because that's what you're looking for? The furry Fandom, like every single Fandom, has it's fair share of gay/straight/bi. But in reality straight content is much more abundant and if you take a step back in many many games that advertise to have gay content is normally 1 or 2 hidden scenes, surrounded by straight content. No idea on what you mean of combo of 2, but this isn't McDonald's
Seriously though. If you pull up the Furry tag in Latest Updates right now, the first page has 30 games. 8 of them are gay games. 3 or 4 are futa content, so however you categorize that. And the rest are straight games (with some of those having small options of gay content).

The majority still remains straight games. I think the difference being noticed here is that Visual Novels as a category for Furry content does have a higher proportion of gay games.

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Seriously though. If you pull up the Furry tag in Latest Updates right now, the first page has 30 games. 8 of them are gay games. 3 or 4 are futa content, so however you categorize that. And the rest are straight games (with some of those having small options of gay content).

The majority still remains straight games. I think the difference being noticed here is that Visual Novels as a category for Furry content does have a higher proportion of gay games.
Oh yeah definitely nost furry VN are geared to gay content. Not sure why that is, it's legit the only thing the gay furry community wins in terms of content. My guess it's because it's an easy way for them to demonstrate their lives, a lot of those vn have a ton of heavy content (aka sad and depressing shit)

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Oh yeah definitely nost furry VN are geared to gay content. Not sure why that is, it's legit the only thing the gay furry community wins in terms of content. My guess it's because it's an easy way for them to demonstrate their lives, a lot of those vn have a ton of heavy content (aka sad and depressing shit)
Also, way too many furry VNs have horror themes. For the vast majority, the options are horror or school life. This one here obviously falls into the horror category as well.

Reactions: LeperDrag

hatesfoxes99

Apr 18, 2020
Also, way too many furry VNs have horror themes. For the vast majority, the options are horror or school life. This one here obviously falls into the horror category as well.
I straight up don't get the horror themes/ violence in these vns it's just so stupid i just want romance with sex and or straight up sex

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
That's just as false as those typical complains "why furries are all gay".
I get that you don't like the combination (+ horror), hence you think it's "way too many" - one more of those means you have one less to enjoy.
If fact, the amount is very limited. You can do a search for yourself.
I straight up don't get the horror themes/ violence in these vns it's just so stupid i just want romance with sex and or straight up sex
It's OK if you don't understand. But "goregasm" or similar kink is a thing.

Last edited:

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
That's just as false as those typical complains "why furries are all gay".
I get that you don't like the combination (+ horror), hence you think it's "way too many" - one more of those means you have one less to enjoy.
If fact, the amount is very limited. You can do a search for yourself.

It's OK if you don't understand. But "goregasm" or similar kink is a thing.
I mean, I've been around since they first started coming out. Morenatsu was the first big furry VN in general, but the first big one within the English-speaking furry community was Blackgate. And things kinda followed along with the horror themes of that one with many of the subsequent VNs. One of the few exceptions recently are games like Forbidden Fruit, though that style is already very different from your standard VN.

But you can boil down the vast, vast majority of furry VNs to horror, school life (or school life esque), and the latest big trend of high fantasy.

Here, let's look at the Latest Updates again for Furry Ren'py games.

Identity, this game (horror)
I.C.O. (horror)
After Class (school life)
Deers and Deckards (gets a pass, but essentially school life)
Sileo (school life)
Outland Warrior (fantasy)
Game Over (fantasy, but is unique enough that it can get a potential pass)
Santa Lucia (horror + school life)
Arches (horror)
Extracurricular Activities (school life)
Tavern of Spear (horror)
Shelter (horror)
Killigan's Treasure (mostly fantasy, but gots some horror in there)
Repeat (horror + school life)
Far Beyond the World (mostly fantasy, some horror)

Do you see what I mean? Also, I enjoy plenty of these games, including the horror ones. I love Shelter, for example. But I do wish more furry VNs would explore other themes.

Feb 16, 2021
Do you see what I mean? Also, I enjoy plenty of these games, including the horror ones. I love Shelter, for example. But I do wish more furry VNs would explore other themes.
If you want recomondations:
-Adastra (doesn't need an introduction and keeps the horror at a minimum)
-Temptation's Ballad (fantasy, same author as Repeat)
-Minotaur Hotel (Keeps the creepy stuff at a minimum unless *you* are the creepy stuff)
-Much of HomebrewDeviant's stuff, mainly the Fantasy Cascade series (doesn't deal with horror, but the main character is a closeted gay transman(?) with a bunch of issues.)

But yeah, furry VNs revolve too much around those two themes.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I mean, I've been around since they first started coming out. Morenatsu was the first big furry VN in general, but the first big one within the English-speaking furry community was Blackgate. And things kinda followed along with the horror themes of that one with many of the subsequent VNs. One of the few exceptions recently are games like Forbidden Fruit, though that style is already very different from your standard VN.

But you can boil down the vast, vast majority of furry VNs to horror, school life (or school life esque), and the latest big trend of high fantasy.

Here, let's look at the Latest Updates again for Furry Ren'py games.

Identity, this game (horror)
I.C.O. (horror)
After Class (school life)
Deers and Deckards (gets a pass, but essentially school life)
Sileo (school life)
Outland Warrior (fantasy)
Game Over (fantasy, but is unique enough that it can get a potential pass)
Santa Lucia (horror + school life)
Arches (horror)
Extracurricular Activities (school life)
Tavern of Spear (horror)
Shelter (horror)
Killigan's Treasure (mostly fantasy, but gots some horror in there)
Repeat (horror + school life)
Far Beyond the World (mostly fantasy, some horror)

You lost me here. What do you define as "Horror"?
If there's a unknown mystery that need to be solved along the line, that's not horror unless it aims to inflict fear - it's at best called "Suspense".
And I don't see this any different from "standard VN" - "Fate" serious, "Steins;Gate" serious, VNs from "Key", are you call them "horror"? Only something like "Doki Doki Literature Club!" or "The Song of Saya" are, and they are quite few.

And if that's what you are at, then you are not wrong. VNs are to tell stories with strong visual implications, I'm not a writer but "Suspense" is among the easiest ways to push plots going.
The same goes for "school life", given the age and experiences of a lot of these developers, this theme is among the easiest to create and resonate.
This is just the "easy to make and easy to succeed" stuff.

And help me understand your perspectives, what exactly you wish to see in a FVN, that's not regularly appears?
To me, pure "love or romance story" is a death sentence to a VN.

IMO The problem is not the theme/form they take,
But there are really not many good deliveries, plus too many abandoned / unfinished.
Hence give people the strong feeling: "Ah great, another of those unfinished that's totally not different from the last one."

------------------------
Per Wiki: "Horror is a genre that seeks to elicit fear or disgust in its audience for entertainment purposes. Horror often explore dark subject matter and may deal with transgressive topics or themes."

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
I wonder when we'll get a 3rd date with Brymr. Feels like it's been forever since any significant progress with him

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Identity-0.3.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​