Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
I SCREAM - Adult Choice-Driven Game
Consider extending your support on :
Wishlist the Game on !

Group 1000001099.png

- Overview -

2046, post-WWIII nation. You spent your childhood locked in the basement. After the rescue, you ended up at the Institution for Abused Children and befriended its outcasts. A day before leaving, your friend committed suicide... Why are you still able to see her?

- Synopsis -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Developer: @FunDi: - -
Version: Chapter 1 in Development
Language: English

- Main Characters -

Detailed Character Backgrounds:

Development Goals:

Q: "What happened with Chimera: Bloodlines?"

Genre:

- Screenshots -

21_ground_Camera.png Intro_Room_Breast_03_Camera (9).png medical_08_Camera.png medical_15_Camera.png 09_ground_Camera.png 13_ground_Camera (3).png 20_bar_Camera.png bathroom_02_Camera (3).png FMain_1_Camera.png FMain_4_Table_Camera (2).png University_32_Camera (3).png suckyooo_01_Camera (2).png NFMain_2_Table_Camera.png University_03_Camera.png

Thank you, everyone - and I will be working super hard to make I SCREAM awesome!

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
You got ”Forum Fanatic” - ed
...good luck....
I was hoping it would take longer to figure out
hyouka-2.gif
Lerd0 is a deffinitive Forum Fanatic
chitanda-3.gif
Sorry but I don't speak nerd
hyouka1.gif
Hyouka (氷菓) is a Japanese anime television series based on the Classic Literature Club series written by Honobu Yonezawa. It was named after the first volume of the series, Hyouka, and made into a 22-episode televised animation series. The story follows Houtarou Oreki, a first-year high school student who meets Eru Chitanda, Satoshi Fukube, and Mayaka Ibara after joining his school's Classic Literature Club.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Lerd0 is a deffinitive Forum Fanatic
Don' bulli ma fren , you suss

Hyouka (氷菓) is a Japanese anime television series based on the Classic Literature Club series written by Honobu Yonezawa. It was named after the first volume of the series, Hyouka, and made into a 22-episode televised animation series. The story follows Houtarou Oreki, a first-year high school student who meets Eru Chitanda, Satoshi Fukube, and Mayaka Ibara after joining his school's Classic Literature Club.
Quite the connaisseur, ain't ya.
Thanks a bunch.
Knowing that, am I now a nerd, too?

• Love
Reactions: Lerd0

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Looking forwards seeing a demo by november(?) and later on a "proper" product.
Description, though, being slightly confusing dateline wise so I guess uni starts 2054 or -55.

Good luck and best wishes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ava here to do Ava things and don my heels to stomp on some dreams......

Soooo.......

1 game started, draw in a player base and then put that on hold to start another. Why does that matter I hear absolutely no one ask because i'm alone and that would mean i'm hearing voices ... again ....

It matters because we've all seen it before.

You stand at the edge of a precipice. On the one hand, you devote your dev energy to this game, build up the confidence from your player base, finish the game and rejoice in the praise (hopefully).

On the other hand .... this one also gets dropped and we all watch a potentially good dev career fall into the void.

Why am I saying all this instead of blowing smoke up the devs arse?

Firstly, i'm a bitch.

Secondly, I like being a bitch.

Thirdly, I am sick of good games getting that oh so hated abandoned tag. Too many devs walk away from projects ranging from good reasons to utter stupidity.

Finish what you start.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019

Soooo.......

1 game started, draw in a player base and then put that on hold to start another. Why does that matter I hear absolutely no one ask because i'm alone and that would mean i'm hearing voices ... again ....

It matters because we've all seen it before.

You stand at the edge of a precipice. On the one hand, you devote your dev energy to this game, build up the confidence from your player base, finish the game and rejoice in the praise (hopefully).

On the other hand .... this one also gets dropped and we all watch a potentially good dev career fall into the void.

Why am I saying all this instead of blowing smoke up the devs arse?

Firstly, i'm a bitch.

Secondly, I like being a bitch.

Thirdly, I am sick of good games getting that oh so hated abandoned tag. Too many devs walk away from projects ranging from good reasons to utter stupidity.

Finish what you start.
b29a8d5f-ae19-4c1e-98d0-507320406e9b_text.gif

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Looking forwards seeing a demo by november(?) and later on a "proper" product.
Description, though, being slightly confusing dateline wise so I guess uni starts 2054 or -55.
I've been writing it all in a state of delirium and sleep deprivation, so ya, I will make sure stuff makes more sense. Based on my previous experience, I think 4 weeks is fairly realistic to get the demo out.

I'm getting the designs of the core casts locked down - this time, I won't mess it up by using bad assets and then struggling during game dev... I struggled plenty by making bad initial designs for the first game.

1st time I find a development thread day 1, does that make me cool? :Kappa:
Not familiar with your game(s), so can't offer feedback.
I don't know if it makes you cool, but it definitely makes me cool xD

The other game was a good example of being too overly ambitious. And in the process of losing my Patrons, but that was expected. Surprisingly, it didn't go as badly as I thought it would

Damn, I need to do so much updating now with the website, socials, etc. - that will take a while, and people will be confused for a while... gets it's the expected repercussion of switching midway

So group sex, do you mean sharing?
Sharing is under consideration - but it might be how it's done in Desert Stalker (accept/reject directly). Probably no - I want to focus my energy on more emotional components.

The dreamcrusher...

The biggest priority is that the final game is good, and you need to make some choices if it isn't (more below).

I think there are two types of confidence being built.

First is the ones that you mention - you put in the energy, get the initial recognition, hopefully, and then finish. Some of it translates to financial backing on Patreon/Itch. Obviously, the audience is kept posted about all changes - and is always free to withdraw, not running a scam here lol.

Second is the skill you accumulate. Keep in mind, around half a year ago, I had no idea what Daz3D was - and now I feel super confident in it. This, however, resulted in when I created Chimera assets, some things were very broken, but I had to stick with them cause a big chunk of work was already done.

But then the question emerges - what if midway, you realize you won't be able to finish it? And that you've driven yourself into sort of a hole (in my case, it was too much world and lack of charage) - where everything went wildly out of scope a single dev can do. At some point, you'll just struggle to release updates, and then the final game will be available 2-3 years.

You can't know it, though xD
__
My main thought: Honestly, the biggest thing, is if I'm working on games that I know ran into a rabbit hole of declined quality, but I'm bound to finish it because it was my first title - there's no point in doing this solo game dev thing, cause it's basically already my irl job, where I'm producing games I don't wanna make, from which I'm attempting to escape.
__

In any case, I think "I SCREAM" will be a success - I'm excited to share more updates.

And thanks to everyone new and old who is joining the thread!

EDIT: clarified the sharing one

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Before starting the main post, I want to point out another huge blunder I made with Chimera: Bloodlines. That blunder was not publishing the SFW version of the game on Steam - that was my fuckup numero uno, as it locked me out of many opportunities.

I SCREAM will be published on Steam as SFW - with an adult patch available separately. How do you make adult patches? Hell if I know - I'll figure it out as I go, but it's kinda a pain to make.

Anyways, for the actual update.

Happy to share that all of the models and backstories of the characters are finalized. I made an open post on Patreon, so I'm just gonna drop the link here, and then finish up with images. All future Patreon updates will be private - with some peeks posted into here and on Itch (if I'm not lazy).

Open Patreon post:

You can read more about the stories and backgrounds there.

Cheers!