Tutorial Unreal Engine How To Uncensor (Almost) Any UE4 Game

Ver Greeneyes

Nov 26, 2019
Well, there's some extra magic going on with creating migoto patches for UE4 / UE5 games that is not included on the guide. Because I honestly have little understanding of how it really works.
From looking into this a bit, it basically says "for all shaders, check the (index buffer and vertex buffer) texture overrides and apply them".

In this case, instead of looking for pixel or vertex shaders you look for index buffers and/or vertex buffers and skip those with texture overrides.

Unfortunately the texture overrides don't seem to do much (if anything) by themselves in these games (although you can disable them easily while hunting), so you need to list specific shaders and then tell them to look for texture overrides to apply.

But since there's a lot of shaders, finding the ones that use these textures can be a big hassle (especially if hashes change between game versions), and so it's easier to just make all shaders look for texture overrides with a wildcard (using ShaderRegex without specifying any conditions).

For the game I was looking at, the buffer also seemed to contain the pussy textures, so removing it removed all definition from that area. Removing it from only some shaders removed the mosaic but made it flicker in and out of existence, and the texture had some very hard edges... which might just be because it wasn't designed to be used without the mosaic.

Reactions: OuterACG

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
Is it possible to translate UE4/UE5 games? (either automatic or manual.) :unsure:
Is it possible to edit UE4/UE5 textures?

I didn't find a public "thread" here. I'm sorry

ivyxyn

Jan 29, 2020
Is it possible to translate UE4/UE5 games? (either automatic or manual.) :unsure:
Is it possible to edit UE4/UE5 textures?

I didn't find a public "thread" here. I'm sorry
It's hard to translate UE4/UE5 games.
For UE4,if the game not use iostore,it has some tools to translate.
For UE5,all of the games use iostore,the games is hard to translate.If the game has the localization file,maybe it can be translated.If not,no ideas.
If you want to change the textures,you need to download the UE with the same version of the game,use the UE to cook the textures then make a mod file.

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
It's hard to translate UE4/UE5 games.
For UE4,if the game not use iostore,it has some tools to translate.
For UE5,all of the games use iostore,the games is hard to translate.If the game has the localization file,maybe it can be translated.If not,no ideas.
If you want to change the textures,you need to download the UE with the same version of the game,use the UE to cook the textures then make a mod file.

o_O What?!!! ....
I was expecting tools like "AssetStudio" "UABEA" but for "UE".... from what I have understood it does not seem an easy and fast task.

thanks for answering.

Last edited:

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
o_O What?!!! ....
I was expecting tools like "AssetStudio" "UABEA" but for "UE".... from what I have understood it does not seem an easy and fast task.

thanks for answering.
Indeed, UE is not exactly mod friendly. You need to be a wizard to mod UE4/5 in the same way we mod Unity games.
There are some tools available, like and .

Reactions: 46471xp

46471xp

Feb 20, 2022
Indeed, UE is not exactly mod friendly. You need to be a wizard to mod UE4/5 in the same way we mod Unity games.
There are some tools available, like and .
Thanks for the information, I really didn't know about the tools... I'll try out what they do and how useful they are. UE sometimes seems like a headache.