Tutorial Unreal Engine How To Uncensor (Almost) Any UE4 Game

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Welcome lads, and ladies (I know you're out there) to another guide for taking blocks off of your fap material!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before we begin, take a note that if you are looking to get into uncensoring games, there will be some software requirements.

You should be fairly familiar and comfortable with a computer.
This does not mean you need to be a tech wizard, but I'm not going to explain how to copy + paste.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
THIS THREAD IS WIP

The guide before you is not 100% my own original hard work. This is the accumulated result of lurking and researching.
I did the work and compiled everything into this guide, but I'm not exactly a tech guru.

I strongly urge you to read the guide from top to bottom, to understand the context of the information found deeper into the guide.

What does this guide cover?
- Hooking UE4 with external software to disable shaders

What does this guide NOT cover?
- AES decryption
- Asset modification / unpacking / repacking

Anyone who cares to submit their process of modifying assets / code are more than welcome to. Anything shared with my eyes will probably end up in this very guide.
If you have some information, please do share it!

Last thing before we begin.
If you notice any blatant mistakes within this guide, or anything left in need of further explanation, feel free to send me a PM or leave a comment.
I can easily make a correction, or add information where it's needed.

How do I know if my game can be uncensored?
Read before you comment.
How do I know if my game should be uncensored?
PLEASE read before you comment.

3Dmigoto
Required
Shader Hunting
Shader Disabling
Game Requests
Link to existing game threads on here or other forums is recommended.

If it's a dlsite title, just share the RJ # / RE #, that's adequate enough to find the title.

You're more than welcome to discuss, and request help in the comments.

Notes and closeout
Special thanks to DarkDoragon for sharing their setup for disabling shaders over on my Unity uncensoring thread.
I had no idea this method existed.

Again, as specified near the top, this thread is still WIP.
I may add some pictures to further demonstrate the method and usage of 3Dmigoto.
Otherwise it's pretty straightforward, I was able to figure it out without any tutorials.

As far as decrypting PAK files, I've realized it's not a good method even if you can reliably crack the AES key.
It means that if you want to share the demosaic, you're basically reuploading the entire game. ***
(UE4 games can be very large, basically 2GB vs 2MB in terms of file hosting and download speed.)
I know that may not mean a whole lot for a pirating forum, but this does also scream constant copyright strikes.
Technically, using 3Dmigoto as a mod for the demosaic, you're not distributing any original or modified game assets.

*** As funog1 has pointed out in the thread, UE4 is capable of accepted patched game files, which means you only need to pak your mod, and it can be used as a patch instead of needing to reupload the entire game. Simply titling your pak file as "gamefiles_p.pak", it serves as an overwrite.

This does not add anything to the rest of this post, but useful information nonetheless.

Last edited:

Vergil102

Jun 2, 2018
Any chance of being able to uncensor "Under the Witch" by NumericGazer? I'm trying to follow your guide, but his file set up doesn't seem to follow what the guide says to place 3dmigoto files. He recently release it on DLsite and has abandoned his patreon supporters in favor of censoring RJ number below. Thanks.

RJ397236

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Any chance of being able to uncensor "Under the Witch" by NumericGazer? I'm trying to follow your guide, but his file set up doesn't seem to follow what the guide says to place 3dmigoto files. He recently release it on DLsite and has abandoned his patreon supporters in favor of censoring RJ number below. Thanks.

RJ397236
Just to be clear, it's not Lake\Binaries\Win64 ?
I can't get my hands on the dlsite version so I'm not sure.

Shadowyy

Oct 12, 2017
That's correct.
You have 3Dmigoto loaded, now you just need to follow the rest of the guide to create the uncensor yourself.
Indeed. The problem is. Theres 0/0 for the PS... so nothing happens when I use the pixel shader buttons

Shadowyy

Oct 12, 2017
I feel like I should say, that that step isn't apart of the guide. So I assumed it would run perfectly without having to do anything other then opening the shortcut

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
I feel like I should say, that that step isn't apart of the guide. So I assumed it would run perfectly without having to do anything other then opening the shortcut
Not sure what you mean by step, opening the shortcut just side loads 3Dmigoto, the rest of the guide is "how to uncensor".
Turning on NumLock is common sense if you've ever used the keypad before, but I will add a note into the guide.

Vergil102

Jun 2, 2018
So far I found the mosaic shader, but when I try to mark it I get an error that it was unable to copy to shader fixes. Is there something I've done wrong or maybe missed a step?

Update: I managed to find and remove the mosaic successfully however the game gives an error message that it was unable to copy, the the shader txt file is still in the shader fix folder so the process can still be completed. Last thing is I find that the shortcut is best used to launch the game going forward as using the regular launcher may have the game crash when trying to skip or exit a scene. I found this using the gallery unlocked scenes to edit the shaders.

Last edited: