Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
A big thanks for all the information included here :)

Someone would possible thought that a company like Daz 3D would make many things better but this is the reality. What I learned quickly because of game modding is that the C: drive isn't for such programs as Daz 3D which consumes so much space (storage). Basically C: on pcs is just for windows and not very large because the windows tend to consume as much space you offer them. Trouble thing is that programs like Daz suggest wrongly C: drive and their folder management is terrible 5/100 many private programs and tools made from small developers are so far greater 90/100 which shows people are concerned more than companies. At least that's my first impression from Daz.
Just a heads up! you can have your Plugins/Mods installed and stored on other drive's?.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Just a heads up! you can have your Plugins/Mods installed and stored on other drive's?.
Yes you can setup the whole Daz 3D and all the assets to either another HDD or even external one. Some of the links below although I believe guides are also here in F95 ..

NemisXue

Aug 25, 2017
Ok I have tried both ways with neither working does DazCentral block all this cause I can't get Daz Studio without installing Daz Central

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Ok I have tried both ways with neither working does DazCentral block all this cause I can't get Daz Studio without installing Daz Central
First off if you are using third party assets that maybe not so legit be careful as Daz central sends a list of the assets you have installed to Daz 3d website.
This is how i got my Daz studio installed.
1. sign up and get a Daz account. which will ask you to download Daz Central and install it
2. Run daz central and choose install path.
3. once daz central has finished installing Daz and finished updating You can close it. ( You now only need to run DazCentral when downloading assets from the Daz website)
4. Any assets you download from other sites you will need to use the Daz Install Manager and make sure they have a IMxxxxxxxx-xx If not you will need to repack(https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/ ) them if you want them viewed in smart content. ( else not recommended you can put the files in your "MY Daz Library" in your Daz install directory https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/.

Reactions: LewdGoogle

Squalton

Jan 31, 2021
OK I am having issues trying to get a file to work that I am hoping to use on a character I am creating but for some odd reason neither Daz Install Manager or Daz Central doesn't show the file. Here is the link to the asset I downloaded. https://f95zone.to/threads/catgirl-megapack-for-genesis-8-female-s.32197/
I have tried putting the file in 3 different locations using the IM# as it was in a rar file which I removed as well as all zip files .
I followed the instructions to a tee to try to make sure nothing would go wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: MashUp47

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Squalton
Not sure if this help's but I have just downloaded this to test to see if it is working. This is how I did it
1. download Catgirl MegaPack and extracted the " IM00061727-01_CatgirlMegapackforGenesis8Females.zip"
2. I then Placed the " IM00061727-01_CatgirlMegapackforGenesis8Females.zip " folder
into my " D:\Daz 3D Base\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads"
3. I then installed using the Daz Install Manager.exe
4. Once installed I located it in Here: Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Squalton

Jan 31, 2021
Squalton
Not sure if this help's but I have just downloaded this to test to see if it is working. This is how I did it
1. download Catgirl MegaPack and extracted the " IM00061727-01_CatgirlMegapackforGenesis8Females.zip"
2. I then Placed the " IM00061727-01_CatgirlMegapackforGenesis8Females.zip " folder
4. Once installed I located it in Here: View attachment 1049296
I did that and still haven't gotten anywhere with finding it in the install manager as I have spent the good part of yesterday and today trying to figure out how to open the item so I can use it since it isn't appearing anywhere other then folders.

Reactions: farfromsilent

farfromsilent

May 24, 2020
Squalton
4. Once installed I located it in Here: View attachment 1049296
The problem I was having is that it wasn't even showing up on the Install Manager. I've been going through and dragging and dropping the folders for each asset into my library. It's a long and tedious process, but at least it's working. For the most part anyway.

Squalton

Jan 31, 2021
The problem I was having is that it wasn't even showing up on the Install Manager. I've been going through and dragging and dropping the folders for each asset into my library. It's a long and tedious process, but at least it's working. For the most part anyway.
Yea I been putting them in the folder as well but nothing shows up and I can't even find them in daz studio. Did you unzip all the files even after you got them out of the rar file

farfromsilent

May 24, 2020
Yea I been putting them in the folder as well but nothing shows up and I can't even find them in daz studio. Did you unzip all the files even after you got them out of the rar file
Yeah you have to unzip it again. Here's the process I've been using. Just forewarning, it's REALLY time consuming, but it's worked for me.

Squalton

Jan 31, 2021
Yeah you have to unzip it again. Here's the process I've been using. Just forewarning, it's REALLY time consuming, but it's worked for me.

yea I had them unzipped but some of the files came up that it was to long of a path which I didn't understand why since it was going straight from my desktop in a single folder

farfromsilent

May 24, 2020
yea I had them unzipped but some of the files came up that it was to long of a path which I didn't understand why since it was going straight from my desktop in a single folder
You should only have to go into the data folder, asset type folder (people, environments, props, etc.) and the runtime folder. You shouldn't have to delve any further than that into the path.

Squalton

Jan 31, 2021
You should only have to go into the data folder, asset type folder (people, environments, props, etc.) and the runtime folder. You shouldn't have to delve any further than that into the path.
I don't understand how this is not working as I just got done putting all the files in their correct folders and nothing showed up as now it is looking that I am going to have to purchase the product from daz3d just to be able to use it since nothing works

farfromsilent

May 24, 2020
When in Daz, are you looking on the smart content tab, or the content library tab? Mine shows up on the content library tab since I am not able to use the install manager.